It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would be Trump's biggest mistake

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Trump appears to be conciliatory concerning Putin, but continuously provokes the Chinese! Everything shows that Trump is determined to continue the Obama 'Pivot to Asia' anti-China legacy, but this would be also his biggest mistake.

Forget for a moment that the Chinese continuously upgrade their military forces, as well as, their nuclear arsenal, partly because of the stupid neocon policy, adopted by Obama, that makes them feel directly threatened and quite nervous. Forget that in the area there is a North Korea that no one knows what it can do and how far it will go with its nukes, if only would "smell" a coalition of US-led forces that are about to operate close to its territory.

If Trump thinks that Putin will sit back and watch this happening, he is completely mistaken. Apart from the fact that Russia and China are committed by the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), which is expanding on security and defence issues, Putin knows that, if China falls, Russia will be next. Therefore, it would be a major mistake for Trump to obey to the lunatic neocon plans because the gates of hell towards WWIII will be opened for good.

:MOD EDIT: Do not Spam your personal blog until approved by Admin
edit on 12/23/2016 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
It was President Bill Clinton who along with a democratic controlled house and Senate that kept the most favored trade deal with China that Bush had instituted... Without Clinton and Senate Majority Leader George J. Mitchell, D-Maine, and Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif the trade deal would have been overturned due to human rights violations in China inspite of the 8 billion dollar trade surplus we had back then with China.. The USA got so close with China Clinton ended up selling /approving guidance tec for the peaceful space program (sarcasm) .. There were plenty of stories about all this at the time but it has been along time ago..

Trump ? He has not taken office yet and much of what is being said about future plans need to be put on a back burner until he makes an announcement as commander and chief.

I personally do not think China is going to back down over their Pacific territorial claims (they would lose major face) but it would surprise most of us (no doubt) what kind of pressure can be applied when governments are focused on an international problem .

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: nomoba

The absolutely biggest mistake would be to not indict Hillary Clinton.

I understand and accept he does not want to get involved, but that said - if AG goes for it - then Trump should not pardon her either.

And since we're at it, why not restart the investigation on Vince Foster's case as well ... Adds few more years on the bill...

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I think Trump's biggest mistake would be letting a nuke go off during his Presidency. This could come from Iran, North Korea, or if we get into war with Russia or China as relationships get more complex, possibly a terrorist attack (although I was never sold on that being more than a pop culture idea). There is also the growing cyber threat. Russia was developing anti-satellite weaponry.

How far is Trump going to be willing to let Russia go? Russia seems to want to expand its territory. It might also be willing to launch cyber attacks against the U.S.
edit on 23amFri, 23 Dec 2016 06:27:32 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

Wow I was just thinking about this, but I checked on CNN and there is an article about how Trump wants to get in a nuclear arms race with Russia.

CNN Just watch the video here, don't read the article.

Putin says Russia needs to strengthen its nuclear arsenal and make sure it is able to penetrate missile defense systems, even those used by NATO. Trump might be right to keep our military up to par this time because it seems like Russia and China might be willing to test the waters to see if the U.S. is really a superpower anymore.
edit on 23amFri, 23 Dec 2016 06:33:19 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 23amFri, 23 Dec 2016 06:35:36 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 23amFri, 23 Dec 2016 06:35:57 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Not listening to the people who elected him.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Backing down on issues to appease "the other side".

He was voted in because the American people have had enough! So far he stands up to them and I hope to see this continue. Showing weakness will ensure he is a four year president.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Not sending hillary to prison .

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Discovering Twitter.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No, that's my favorite part lol

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
I think Trump's biggest mistake would be letting a nuke go off during his Presidency. This could come from Iran, North Korea, or if we get into war with Russia or China as relationships get more complex, possibly a terrorist attack (although I was never sold on that being more than a pop culture idea). There is also the growing cyber threat. Russia was developing anti-satellite weaponry.

How far is Trump going to be willing to let Russia go? Russia seems to want to expand its territory. It might also be willing to launch cyber attacks against the U.S.

Wow I was just thinking about this, but I checked on CNN and there is an article about how Trump wants to get in a nuclear arms race with Russia.

Putin says Russia needs to strengthen its nuclear arsenal and make sure it is able to penetrate missile defense systems, even those used by NATO. Trump might be right to keep our military up to par this time because it seems like Russia and China might be willing to test the waters to see if the U.S. is really a superpower anymore.

It's a yes or no question.

WTF?

Obama let them get as far as they have.

His biggest mistake is not finishing the job with a couple more nukes for good measure.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

1) Placing people in his cabinet who have more in common with him, than with the 99.9% of voters who elected him.

2) Placing oil company big shots in positions having to do with science and the environment.

3) Refusing to put people in his cabinet who not only grew up from the bottom of the social ladder, but are still on the lower tiers.

4) Removing any single tiny slice of liberty from the people.

5) Continuing, expanding, or replacing any type of mass surveillance.

6) Benefiting people of his social status at the expense of the rest of society.

7) Listening to anyone who has ever been a member or contributor to the MIC, about anything, for any reason.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Not selecting Ted Cruz as his running mate. Making up with Cruz could very well have won him the popular vote.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tman2135
Not selecting Ted Cruz as his running mate. Making up with Cruz could very well have won him the popular vote.

wow, who the hell cares about the popular vote. People's jobs and lives are at stake here, geez.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: darkbake

It's a yes or no question.

WTF?

Obama let them get as far as they have.

His biggest mistake is not finishing the job with a couple more nukes for good measure.

we don't get into nuclear conflicts because it's the end of everything including you.
edit on 23-12-2016 by bananasam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Big mistakes would be 1. Not focusing on creating jobs,( less low paying and part time temp jobs) 2. Not fixing the infrastructure. 3. Not keeping military strong.

The loss of manufacturing has delt a huge blow to domestic tranquility of the US society. Crime is still on the rise. It's all trickling upward with loss of taxes, income, stability. Most people have two or three jobs apiece to keep their standard of living. Which puts this stress on families, and this stress is then drawn into the school systems. The roads are bad, the bridges bad, water treatment is below standards, etc, etc

A real eye opener . Go on Google Earth drive around in Street View and look at some of these brand new plants of companies that left the US for Mexico, for example. Brand new state of the art manufacturing facilities with A/C etc. I looked at one the other day that was amazing. Here in the US we generally would have chain link fencing around the plant. This one looked like a mall in Beverly Hills. The fencing had concrete, stucco like posts, iron metal fencing in between. And it had a full size soccer field and a smaller enclosed soccer practice field.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

There are several areas where Trump can mess up big time. His conciliatory gestures toward Putin could really be a problem; a good business move but not necessarily a good political move. The biggest thing for me is the environment. Cancelling Environmental Regulations will create jobs and boost the economy in the short term but, in the long run, could cost us dearly.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: nomoba
Trump appears to be conciliatory concerning Putin, but continuously provokes the Chinese!

That's understandable, isn't it?

Trump likes to see his own name on everything.

It bothers him to see "Made In China" on everything he has to buy that is not made of concrete and wood bolted down to the land.

There's nothing that says "Made In Russia". So, the Russians aren't a threat to one's self image.

He feels Putin's pain, since Russians too have to put up with everything being "Made In China."

So, when they get together, they can ruminate on that common problem.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Inherit a business/country with a lot of depts and Not file bankruptcy and sell off the assets for a̶ f̶e̶w̶ d̶o̶l̶l̶a̶r̶s̶ t̶o̶ f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶s̶ the highest bidder.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Not investigating and/or indicting Billary

Letting go of the staff he has picked

allowing the country to be infiltrated any further

take your pick.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Ha. No one has said running for president yet?

He swaggers around like a trailer trash car salesman trying to impress the whole county. He's dumb, has no manners, and delusions of grandeur based on his money. He got elected because at least he's not Hillary. Running was a YUGE mistake.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join