It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suggestion: ATS Writers Contest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Heya all!

You know, its amazing how much we've grown in ATS. We started with just a few conspiracy forums about aliens, to this huge site of so much diversity of things to dicuss. We have a debate tornament, chat room, news center, political dicussions, and more. And I don't think we're done growing either.

I had this idea for awhile, and I think it could really work. It would be the Above Top Secret's Writing Contest. It could be held once or twice a year, like the Debate tornament, all writers could enter. There would be several judges that judge an entree to the contest. It would be judged on creativity, originality, etc. Each writer would be pitted against eachother, a one on one in a creative writing contest. both people would get the same subject to write about, and they'd make theyre creative writing story. It would have to be about the same lenght, lets say 800 words, and has to relate to the topic. For example, lets say round 1 they get the topic: Hauntings. Theyre short stories would both have to relate about the topic. The winner of that round moves up the bracket, eventually narrowing it down to one winner, who would recieve a "ATS writers contest" badge and some ATS store points!

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It happens at Halloween and at other times. The entries have been well worth reading.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Count me in. I'll go head to head with anyone when it comes to creative writing. Let me at'em

Love and light,

Wupy

new topics

join