It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Christmas Day terrorist attack foiled, police say

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Man whats with these assholes. This ones close to home as a fellow aussie cant wait until the world gets rid of this scum. Good on the aussie cops for stopping these pricks and merry xmas and be well to all the reasonably sane people in the world

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardy22227

Well it's two days before Christmas and the Australian police agency put a stop to it with no one dead and all the evidence they need judging from the article.

I see it as they just don't F around!

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Honestly, with the recent uptick in violence, I'm beginning to think there might be a string of attacks coming this Christmas. Be vigilant.

I get the same feeling. It does seem to spike around the Christian holidays.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

Wrong Movie, I was thinking of This One with Dustin Hoffman and Steve McQueen.

lol this might actually work for libs too.
edit on 23-12-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-12-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

So spending your countries resources on keeping someone alive that would kill their self to kill you is the way to go?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yeh i understand thats their stupid reason i just dont get why, when we are capable of so much as a species we are still stuffing around with this type of crap from way too long ago isnt it better for all to focus on making life better from the "greatest" person to the "least". I just dont understand people sometimes does my bloody head in. Anyway all be safe over the holidays. Thanks op for bringing this story to my attention

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

The steak or the head!??!?!??!??!

The Steak definately the Steak. laughs...

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Sounds like Muslims just being Muslims? Or am I wrong?

See, we bring them in and they force us too foil their attacks...the blame is on us!!

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
With all this talk of Terrorism It just might be time for them to pull out the last card.

Operation Teletubby! Those things are wicked, vicious and strong.

Never mess with one.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardy22227

Funny how people will easily just accept any ole claim the govt through their agencies make. They accept it as the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Haven't you people learned to be a little circumspect of these sorts of claims? if not yet then when will you?

Here's a question for you?

Will the talk in the media be about:

a) increasing security measures by legislating more loss of freedom, liberty, rights and privacy laws or;

b) the wisdom of bringing in 'refugee's into the country from war and near war zones whose exposure to war and violence has desensitized them to war type activities, which in turn makes their risk to enage in violent acts unknown, which therefore heightens their terrorist risk rating.

Are you aware that tyranny often masquerades as the protector?

Can you see the fraud of anti terrorism. "They want us to accept a loss of our freedoms and privacy in order to stop terrorists who seek to take away our freedoms and privacy."

All governments, the worst on earth, and the most tyrannical on earth, are free governments to that portion of the people who voluntarily support them. Lysander Spooner

“The war on terrorism is the war on freedom” -- Aaron Russo.

I find it amazing that some people are happy to have the govt pass more and more laws that further erode their freedom, rights, privacy and choices.

Did not someone say something to the effect those who give freedom in exchange will get and deserve neither?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Australians don't drink fosters.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

It's a false flag operation!

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Funny cause my Cousin Steve does, he works at the plant or used to.

Nice try Mate.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

I certainly am one to look for false flags and evidence surrounding them.

In regards to this piece of news, what rights were being trampled and/or what do you think constitutes anything pointing to a FFE?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Most Aussies drink VB, XXXX, or Crownies

When you said we drink Fosters, my first thought was "HAH!"

Bringing this to topic though.... Fosters! That's some terrorism on beer!

Eta:
Also, here's a couple of local sources for the OP

Police raids in Melbourne’s northern suburbs foil alleged Christmas Day terror attack

And some earlier Live Reporting
edit on 23 12 2016 by kaelci because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst

I have a lot of family in Australia, trust me, if anything went down they'd beat the 'censored' out of them.

The Men, in my Family anyways, wouldn't stand for that stuff. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they were holding a Fosters while beating the crap out of the guy in the process. lol

They love their beer!

Good Thead!

No Australian in the history of Australia has ever drank a Fosters while in Australia.
Its not on tap anywhere and I dont even think bottle shops sell it, Fosters is the cheap crap we send overseas, we keep the good beer ie VB or Carlton Draught to ourselves

Melbournes my home and Ill be going through Flinders St on Xmas day so Im glad they caught them

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Your cousin, if real, is in the vast minority then, like 1-2% of the population.

We don't eat shrimp either, but I bet you 'cousin' does, right?

edit on 23/12/16 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Australians don't drink fosters.

I never ever agree with your stance ...however you have just proven to me without a doubt your an Aussie

I was gobsmacked a few years back i was in the french alps at a club med, there were two beers on tap in a reasonably decent bar, one was German and the other was fosters and people actually drank it, first time i had seen people drink the crap other than in my early teens when we were experimenting ...

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   
HAHAHA

Ok I see I was a bit late in schooling JesusXst about our beer drinking.

Im kinda proud that all us Aussies were more offended by someone claiming we drank Fosters than we are at the prospect of being blown up.

"No worries mate, shell be right"

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I certainly am one to look for false flags and evidence surrounding them.

In regards to this piece of news, what rights were being trampled and/or what do you think constitutes anything pointing to a FFE?

Thanks - good question.

Nothing points directly to this being a FF at this time however, what makes me circumspect is:

knowledge and experience from researching previous such events

all we have is the governments claim that this event took place, at this time.

Perhaps you might like to consider keeping an eye out for things like this in relation to this and future events of this nature.

look for facts that don’t make sense. Adam Lanza’s Sandy Hook shooting was too good for someone of his inexperience and skill. If the explanation for such a high kill to injured rate is that all the kids were herded into one room and told to huddle together in full view of the shooter then we need to ask why was this bad advice given.

Martin Bryants shooting was also too good for someone of his inexperience.

Look for comments that don’t fit or which appear to spread fear or alarm. Statements like “terrorism cannot be discounted” is a good example.

Look for comments that indicate an agenda by providing a forum for the agenda to be promoted. E.g “ we must control guns to make the children safe.”

Look for inflammatory comments like; “this is going to raise tensions towards or between ‘x’

Comments that prove an immediate handy enemy. Such as “this is believed to be the work of ‘x’

Gumshoe News has been following the trail of the bloke who was supposed to be behind the Lindt Caffa in Sydney year to so ago and it seems there are a number of anomalies or inconsistencies regarding what is alleged to have taken place.

Cheers

edit on 23-12-2016 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join