It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excellent documentary on reality based scenarios of an ET visitation. "The Visit".

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Wow, I was really getting frustrated with the usual reptilian/tall Nordic/ insert other ET conspiracy here topics that have dominated informational/documentary films on the ET / UFO theory.

"The Visit" (as titled) released in 2015. is a science and real world approach to an ET visitation of Earth. Along with beautiful HD cinematics, opinions are provided from industry and world leaders as to how scenarios would unfold in the case of an ET visitation ( appearances by representatives of CNES, NASA, United Nations, world leaders to name a few).

This is my first post and I usually just lurk in the background but when I saw this doc I had to share it. It truly shows how I feel the ET/UFO theory should be approached more and a bit less of the fantastical conspiracy theory out there. Nothing against the latter, just don't like it when people try to pass off fantasy as fact.

Take a look if you get the time. It's worth it.

Trailer:

Sorry, I thought the full doc was on YouTube. Apparently not. It is on HULU for those who have it or found here:

Full: full.filem.click... ALSO ON HULU

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
If they would allow themselves to be seen on a global scale, then they sure would not be afraid of us. 0
edit on 22-12-2016 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Mankind needs an existential force that isn't of Earth to show up now, more than ever.

It doesn't have to be a threat to humanity either. Even a benevolent alien presence would go a long way.

Humans need to be beaten over the head to realize that we're not white, black, male, female, American or Japanese.

We're HUMAN.

We need to be reminded of this on a global scale if our species has any hope of lasting more than a few more hundred years.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Here's another link if the one in the OP didn't work for you. (I'm just posting cause it didn't work for me.)

ihavenotv.com...

It was interesting to me how some the experts were always so concerned with the public panicking. I'm not as sure as they were that we wouldn't be able to handle it. It was almost like they were beginning to work themselves into a panic fearing the rest of us would panic. I suppose fear would be the biggest challenge in dealing with an alien race.

Thank you for sharing this! I found it really intelligent and thought-provoking.

edit on 23-12-2016 by thesearchfortruth because: eta

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth

From the very first moment that the Roswell craft was identified as being alien, there commenced the worst fears that a government could come up against. First, was the national security aspect of our air space being violated at will by an unknown force. (The Roswell crash site was only about fifty miles from the air base at Roswell the only base for our atomic bombs.) Second, there was concerns about the public going screaming into the streets by the news.

Within hours the only response was cemented into place, to deny, deny and deny. And so it has been for half a century. It has been very effective program chiseled at from the edges in an orderly manner.

So sublte has it been applided that most of even ATS readers can't come to terms of the seriousness of the on-going situation. This great, impending fact of the Universe is upon us, awaiting nothing more than the discovery by official science that other life is out there or more likely simple life has existed on Mars.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Ok... humans arent the alpha predator of this planet, But there has already been first contact. Guess what we are not and we never were top of the foodchain. we're just part of the zoo ! Why should ET initiate contact with us ? IF They already have contact with the supreme species for a very long time. So Real Contact with ET is out of the question but makes very good sci-fi movies. For us (humans) The next level is contacting and disclosing the other intelligent species on this planet. And It's their call if they let us in that club.

Their globalisation crap was a big failure so 'disclosure' might be happen in the near future unless they find another way to dull down the agressive human populus...

Anyway good movie scammed through it ... will watch it later.

edit on 12232016 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Paddyofurniture

Hi Paddyoffurniture,

May I submit a few discussion points?

If ET is human, then ET belongs in the slammer, for kidnapping, mutilations, practicing medicine without a license, sexual assault, trespass, home invasions, murder, and more. (alien abductions followed by heinous medical experiments)

Since ET is not human .....

-- ET is a varmint and a dangerous animal
-- Shoot to kill (outside city limits, unless self defense)
-- No hunting restrictions
-- Jurisdiction is state and local fish and game

UFO Aircraft -- No Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) - Shoot it down and sort it out on the ground.

Yeah, I'm a bit harsh on ET, but he deserves to be put down for rape, murder, and kidnapping.

Thanks Paddyoffurniture, for the link.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Wow this looks super interesting. I'll definitely check it out when I have time. Thanks man.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
We sure do need an intervention now

The TrumpET will be blown

edit on 23-12-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Adonsa

May I submit a few discussion points?

If ET is human, then ET belongs in the slammer, for kidnapping, mutilations, practicing medicine without a license, sexual assault, trespass, home invasions, murder, and more. (alien abductions followed by heinous medical experiments)

Adonsa

Not sure if your pulling my chain but I'll bite for arguments sake.

I have researched much of the ET theory, from on the level incidents like JAL flight 1628 all the way to crazy stories of abductees being forced to have sex with beautiful amazon aliens so the universe can be saved.

No matter the story, radar print out, or FOIA document. As it stands today there is 0.0% scientific hard proof ET exists. Through all the hearings, sworn testimonies, all of it. Still 0.0% proof.

And that's why the documentary is so refreshing. I enjoy speculating and theory just like the next guy but ET / UFO theory has never been taken seriously by mainstream science and it needs to be .

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Paddyofurniture

I just found it on Popcorn Time. Downloading this now

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Paddyofurniture:

"The Visit" (as titled) released in 2015. is a science and real world approach to an ET visitation of Earth.

Many thanks for bringing this documentary to our attention. I have just watched it, and my perception was that it covered more about our reaction to the visit, rather than focussing on the visit itself. I think we can loosely associate this documentary with the recent film "Arrival" based on the short story 'The Story of Your Life' by Ted Chaing. Whilst watching the documentary, I found myself taking notes and asking my own questions, some of which were asked in the programme. If I may, I will just ramble on out loud with my own assumptions, but they will be assumptions that carry some grains of fact and truth whilst treating the scenario as real.

We are visited by a species not of planet earth. Regardless of all the profound differences there could be between us, we would share at least three common aspects with each other...we are both to some degree or another...self-aware, sentient, and intelligent. The fact that they have come to us from some distance and overcome the obstacles of space flight, would signal to us that they are either slightly or far more technologically advanced than we are. Another aspect we can consider as a fact would be that their openness to let us know they are here, and not hide from us, would also signal to us that they are both confident and comfortable in doing so. They would not hold any fear of us. All the fear and anxiety, coupled with an intense curiosity, would be ours.

I doubt very much that an advanced non-earth intelligence would simply appear to us without firstly having done a reconnaissance of the earth, and all its life forms, and especially of us. They would have monitored our radio signals that have left (and continue to leave) our planet, studied them, and learned a great deal and drawn their own conclusions. They would obviously know far more about us, than we about them, such as our capabilities. Why would they come to planet earth?

They would not come to earth for material resources such as water or minerals, as they could easily get them unencumbered from other planets that do not hold life. No. If we are ever visited by a non-earth intelligence, it would be because of their detection of intelligence on earth. We would be the reason for their visit, with the wide diversity of organic life on earth being a bonus.

The prime consideration for first contact would be for understanding each other's dialogue. Knowing what we both mean would be crucial to omitting misunderstanding of intent and reactive responses. I would think it incumbent upon the visitor to have sorted out translation issues, and that the onus would be upon them to provide the means for communication to take place, which they could do from having intercepted our radio signals. It would be a very great obstacle if they were to just appear without having sorted some means to communicate with us already.

As stated earlier, the greater fear and anxiety, even suspicion, would come from us. We would want to know as soon as possible what their intentions are towards us. We would want to learn if they have hostile or benign (even benevolent) intentions. The former we would acquire from their actions, whilst the latter from their communications. Their visitation would cause both shock and awe psychologically and spiritually, governments would need to control reactions, and they could do this by being entirely transparent and honest with continual updates via emergency communication channels, TV, radio, internet, and mobile text messaging.

We would require the right group of people to represent all of humanity when communication dialogue begins with the visitors. From our radio signals they would already know a fair amount on the diversity of our ethnicities, our beliefs, our artistic endeavours, our histories (both good and bad), and our military and weapon capabilities. As long as we received a reciprocal equivalence in information exchange, we would not need to be too concerned or suspicious.

It would be right and correct that the visitation be short (a matter of days), and consist of nothing more than information exchange, with agreed timings (say ten year gaps) for further visits until we ourselves are comfortable with their presence and the knowledge of it. The process of establishment between our two species must inevitably be slow and deliberate. It will be harder for us to habituate ourselves to them rather than they to us.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Elysiumfire,

Yes I enjoyed the reality based approach.

In reaction to some of your thoughts. I personally do not think the scenario played out in the documentary will happen to us (at least not soon). Again with no proof but my opinion is that something is already here and part of their protocol is to go undiscovered.

Reported sightings by multiple trained observers with apparently nothing to gain from reporting (and in most cases more to lose if reported) have reported sightings of high strangeness that our best tech just can't touch.

The Belgian triangle flap, Japanese Airlines flight 1628, Rendelsham, Malmstrom AFB, to name a few. There is a tech out there beyond us and for some reason it part of their protocol is to stay hidden. Maybe eventually they just plop down and say here we are like in the documentary but until,then I think more of a scientific approach is needed rather then the unsubstantiated fantastical approach some take.

My two cents

a reply to: elysiumfire

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Paddyofurniture
... today there is 0.0% scientific hard proof ET exists. Through all the hearings, sworn testimonies, all of it. Still 0.0% proof.
Hi Paddyoffurniture,

Oh hell yes, I absolutely agree with you. I should have qualified my reply that if ET exists .....
then what i posted applies or could apply (given lots of, under hypnosis, accounts of alien abductions).

I was an eyewitness to a UFO, but that proves nothing.
Unidentified and real - yes
Piloted by ET - exponentially doubtful (given Einstein's Theory)

I've been asked if I believe it was piloted by ET. Beliefs are irrelevant, i have no inclination to believe or speculate who was piloting it; no basis, it didn't land, nobody exited. I have no business going beyond describing what I saw, and what dozens of others with me saw, and I have no idea what the investigator's findings were, and I'll never ever find out.

Thank you, Paddyoffurniture, for your reply.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Hi Paddyoffurniture,

One more comment, if I may;

If ET shows up at the door looking for a phone booth, I might let him use my cell phone, if he's polite about it; but if he wants to do the abduction, I have a Taurus Judge with 45 ACP and 410 always ready.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Paddyofurniture:

...something is already here and part of their protocol is to go undiscovered.

Absolutely. We cannot discount the possibility that we are already being monitored and evaluated. Contact (I feel) would only be made if the 'monitors' felt such an establishment would be beneficial to both them and us.

I experienced my own 'sighting' back in the seventies, for what it is worth, you can read it here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

When you consider the chaotic state we are in psychologically and spiritually (I don't mean in a religious sense), I can't see how contact from an advanced non-earth intelligence would be beneficial for them. Contact could cause us greater problems than we can currently envisage, and set us off on a more anxious and paranoid tangent of development. One of the first of which would be to develop better military capabilities to defend ourselves against advance races of intelligences, and I feel we would ultimately use such developments upon ourselves, because we are not sufficiently strong enough psychologically, or mature enough spiritually to handle contact in the first place.

The wisdom of making contact would (and should) be entirely predicated on the visitor, and we should have no say in the matter...not that we actually could.

My two cents.

Worth having, matey.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
Paddyofurniture:

Absolutely. We cannot discount the possibility that we are already being monitored and evaluated. Contact (I feel) would only be made if the 'monitors' felt such an establishment would be beneficial to both them and us.

I experienced my own 'sighting' back in the seventies, for what it is worth, you can read it here...

When you consider the chaotic state we are in psychologically and spiritually (I don't mean in a religious sense), I can't see how contact from an advanced non-earth intelligence would be beneficial for them. Contact could cause us greater problems than we can currently envisage, and set us off on a more anxious and paranoid tangent of development. One of the first of which would be to develop better military capabilities to defend ourselves against advance races of intelligences, and I feel we would ultimately use such developments upon ourselves, because we are not sufficiently strong enough psychologically, or mature enough spiritually to handle contact in the first place.

The wisdom of making contact would (and should) be entirely predicated on the visitor, and we should have no say in the matter...not that we actually could.

My two cents.

Worth having, matey.

Childhood's End

Clarke, 1953.

He tackles the religious aspect of visitation by benevolent beings, in the forefront of the story.

Not the Alien doom take over the planet stuff.

Not a hell of a lot we could do about them if they had bad intentions anyway, Jaegers notwithstanding.

We ourselves are a tech civ with a religious bent, trying not to be with discoveries made everyday that we can't really deny or refute.

We just don't know them.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Paddyofurniture:

My two cents.

Worth having, matey.

Childhood's End

Didn't that end with the destruction of earth and all the people on it while a select group of children were taken of world and all of that was by some Luciferian devil race?

granted i only saw the mini-series and have not read the book.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Judging from the increased number of threads on the subject of Extraterrestrials, and my own premonitions... we're either

1. About to witness a visitation that the World will see.

or

2. Some person or government is about to disclose that E.T. exists.

or

3. Mankind is so stressed that we're making E.T.'s REAL, but only in our minds.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Paddyofurniture:

My two cents.

Worth having, matey.

Childhood's End

Didn't that end with the destruction of earth and all the people on it while a select group of children were taken of world and all of that was by some Luciferian devil race?

granted i only saw the mini-series and have not read the book.

Haven't seen the mini series but read the book.

But yep, kinda like that. The story is not that long and you know how something can be spun, especially today.

Keep in mind the title.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join