It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ANALYSIS: Terrorist Clothing Discovered in Texas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
In what is sure to be yet another example of border In-Security, Border Patrol Agents have discovered an unusual article of clothing in the Texas border area, a jacket with Arabic language writing, and a eerie image stitched into it. The patch on the jacket, located on the inside of it, shows an airplane flying towards a tower, reminiscent of the 9-11 attacks. Also stitched into the jacket in English are the words "Midnight Mission".

www.worldnetdaily.com
The discovery in Texas of a jacket featuring an Arabic military badge and an airplane headed toward a tower with the words "Midnight Mission" is fueling fears of a possible connection to terrorism.

According to a Department of Homeland Security morning brief marked "For official use only," a report from Customs and Border Protection noted that on Dec. 23, Border Patrol agents stationed in Hebbronville, Texas, found a jacket with an Arabic patch in a lay-up area on Highway 285.

The jacket is said to have a total of three patches, two sewn on the back, and one on the inside.

The two patches on the back were an Arabic military badge and one with the letters "Daiwa," while the patch on the inside read "Midnight Mission."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The jacket, whether it is evidence of a future plot or not, does evidence the fact that Arabic speakers are using the Mexico border as an avenue to enter the United States.

One of the key issues that the Department of Homeland Security has not taken seriously enough is the very porous nature of the southern border. This is yet another incident where possible terrorists may very well be taking advantage of the situation to enter our country and do us harm.

[edit on 27-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature

The jacket is said to have a total of three patches, two sewn on the back, and one on the inside.

The two patches on the back were an Arabic military badge and one with the letters "Daiwa," while the patch on the inside read "Midnight Mission."

I heard a French company was manufacturing those for Calvin Klein...

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Oh sure.

Terrorist cells in mainland US are now providing patches like bike and street gangs.

Remedial class for anyone who believes a terrorist organization is behind that one. Unless it's the local department of Fear And Terror (a division of Homeland Security, due to expire 2006).

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
If this is what I think it is it comes from the Homeland Security daily briefs.

I wrote about it in my blog ....
stuffucanuse.com...

[edit on 27-1-2005 by Netchicken]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   

"Just yesterday, both President Bush and Congress addressed the need for reforming immigration laws and protecting the border."

I am not saying Bush is behind this, but the synchronicity is worthy of note. If I had to go out on a limb, I'd call this a plant. Anyone remember the fallout in Boston?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I found this on the web, pretty funny if you think about it. Daiwa is a fishing company with it's own clothing line. The logos are the same.
www.daiwa.com...
www.daiwa.com...

Guess the terrorists like to indulge in fishing and other outdoors activities.

[edit on 1-27-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Oh, pleeeze... a few patches does not a terrorist make.

I notice the Mexican border isnt any better guarded as a result of this.
neither are any of the borders...why???

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
This looks like the equivelant of a Wal-Mart jacket that a kid could wear that says "special Mission force". The picture is not a plane hitting or heading toward a building, it is in the foreground.

"Help us all, the fishermen are coming....."

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Oh, pleeeze... a few patches does not a terrorist make.

I notice the Mexican border isnt any better guarded as a result of this.
neither are any of the borders...why???

Because the CIA's drug business is too lucrative?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Would've been nice to see the supposed arabic writting.[edit, er, scratch that now, any arabic speakers able to read that? Is it even arabic?) Might be a taunt from infiltrating jihadis, but that seems rather unlikely.

Anyone besides worldnutdaily reporting this?

I heard that an elite team of infiltrators have also left some of their clothing on the border. Authorities are considering outlawing the 'Members Only' Terror Cell.....

[edit on 27-1-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
It should be alot easier to spot terrorists if they always wear a patch or uniform now. I can hear it now at the airport. Caution, terrorist wearing Daiwa patch has entered the terminal. Scan him for weapons.

On the other hand if terrorists would wear identifying patches or uniforms and got captured, it seems like the international laws for POW's would apply for enemy soldiers since they were wearing a uniform. They would just need to identify their home country so we can bomb it to oblivion.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
I am not saying Bush is behind this, but the synchronicity is worthy of note. If I had to go out on a limb, I'd call this a plant. Anyone remember the fallout in Boston?

I tend to agree with you MemoryShock. Time to get the masses fired up again...nuthin like an inkling of a threat to do that.

Necessity is the mother of invention so they say.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
While the clothing seems coincidental to the current terrorist situation; there were reports from Border Patrol of Middle Eastern people entering the US in and around the Tombstone area.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Oh my goodness I hope noone here actually believes real life terrorists created this jacket for their ranks. Any person with sewing skills, yes that includes 12 year old children and elderly folk, could simply have made this as a racist prank in order to stir up more hate and fear in the area. If I were investigating this case, I would watch for any local merchants suddenly stocking up on gas masks and radiation pills for sale to the public.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I don't think the war on terrorism would last long if all terrorists starting wearing a Daiwa patch.
If that was the case they could just have separate lines at the airport for all the terrorists wearing the patch.

Of course life would definitely be a lot simpler again if all terrorists and those aspiring to be just started wearing uniforms stating "Shoot me, I'm a terrorist."

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Here's what the patch should have looked like...

For those of you who aren't fish saavy, that's a Herring (and it's red)...

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntelRetard
While the clothing seems coincidental to the current terrorist situation; there were reports from Border Patrol of Middle Eastern people entering the US in and around the Tombstone area.

This has been going on since before I posted this story back in August.
TA-THREATS: Large Groups of Arab men STILL crossing AZ border
Border patrol often finds leftover remnants from border crossers. Often it's nothing more then sneakers or empty water jugs. Clothing is not unusal either.
If this jacket wasn't dropped by an Arab border crosser, then it could well have been dropped by a mexican border crosser. In either case, someone had access to an article of clothing with patches adorned with arabic writting. Maybe it was a mexican who dropped this jacket. But where oh where did they get a patch with arabic text??? What I take from it is that there IS an arab presence in Mexico, and if they themselves are not crossing the border, they do have sympathizers there that are.

I can't be the only one who remembers the chants of Osama bin Laden during the soccer match between Mexico and the USA.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Here's what the patch should have looked like...

For those of you who aren't fish saavy, that's a Herring (and it's red)...

You need the mask pro plug in for Photoshop. The edges look a little ragged.

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
he just resized it afterwards....
what he should have done, was added a find edge filter, then blended it, to smooth it out

/aren't bikers terrorists then??
//nice fish!

[edit on 29-1-2005 by cruzion]

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by cruzion
/aren't bikers terrorists then??

Next time you see a biker, ask him about his patches! Most of those brothers have served this country proudly and well. Ask him if those patches mean he's a terrorist, see what kind of a laugh you get.

A lot of those patches are to honor fallen brothers, and to remember those WE served with.

Not funny my friend..... not funny.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join