It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dear Leader-elect's Daily Twitter Debacle Goes Nuclear

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
Some of you Trumpeters really, really scare the hell out of me.

The US has a few thousand (total, including those waiting to be dismantled) nuclear weapons, with upwards of a couple of thousand of them fully operational and deployed (ICBMs, SLBMs, etc),

AND YOU THINK WE SHOULD HAVE MORE????

You people are freakin' nuts.

Delusional thinking.

The very facet of a hillary presidency is vastly scarier. A warhawk, we would have been dragged into another useless quagmire.

Trump and the rise of nationalism is here. Who was it FIRST that said they were expanding? Russia, and china? Well they are always trying to get the one up and drop on the US in their bid for their shot at global power projection.

No, this is why the liberal ideology is an inherent sickness, unwillingly to see the broader picture, rather seeing a world of rainbows...meanwhile, those of us in reality clearly see whats on the horizon and we will prepare ourselves.

I'm so happy that Trump won, I've never seen so many libs get bent out of shape.

Btw, I have Trump on my twitter, I saw that tweet and agreed. Surprised it took this long before king lib ante himself decided to turn a 50 text tweet into a long boring fear mongering post, followed by his merry band of bumbling minions to chastise the realist.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
a reply to: xuenchen

Please, stop using quotes from Confucius to justify this mad man's irrational thoughts. Confucius was a thoughtful man. Donald is not.

What is going on with this world!?

Really messed up stuff. You'd have to be mentally ill to use a Confucius quote to promote expanding nuclear weapons.

I really used to like ATS. It was full of well thought out conspiracy theorists, but now we're left with a bunch of nonsensical Loughners. Sigh...

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: theantediluvian
How relatable is this guy? Amirite? I too have said a lot of things! Sometimes to myself! And how reassuring! The Orange One (may we all be so heavenly hued in the orange glow of atomic blasts!), world renowed foreign policy expert and brilliant tacitician, consults himself when it comes to subjects about which he knows little!

To paraphrase, "Nukes Are Racist".

I'm pretty sure a nuke doesn't care if you're white, black, or Cheeto Orange. When it's done, you'll be a lovely shade of gray and can be used as a soil amendment.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy

originally posted by: FelisOrion
a reply to: xuenchen

Please, stop using quotes from Confucius to justify this mad man's irrational thoughts. Confucius was a thoughtful man. Donald is not.

What is going on with this world!?

Really messed up stuff. You'd have to be mentally ill to use a Confucius quote to promote expanding nuclear weapons.

I really used to like ATS. It was full of well thought out conspiracy theorists, but now we're left with a bunch of nonsensical Loughners. Sigh...

...and it still is.

It would seem you're ill equipped, mentally, to differentiate the differences between the myriad of forums, rich in consipiracy theories.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Some of you Trumpeters really, really scare the hell out of me.

The US has a few thousand (total, including those waiting to be dismantled) nuclear weapons, with upwards of a couple of thousand of them fully operational and deployed (ICBMs, SLBMs, etc),

AND YOU THINK WE SHOULD HAVE MORE????

You people are freakin' nuts.

Delusional thinking.

The very facet of a hillary presidency is vastly scarier. A warhawk, we would have been dragged into another useless quagmire.

Trump and the rise of nationalism is here. Who was it FIRST that said they were expanding? Russia, and china? Well they are always trying to get the one up and drop on the US in their bid for their shot at global power projection.

No, this is why the liberal ideology is an inherent sickness, unwillingly to see the broader picture, rather seeing a world of rainbows...meanwhile, those of us in reality clearly see whats on the horizon and we will prepare ourselves.

I'm so happy that Trump won, I've never seen so many libs get bent out of shape.

Btw, I have Trump on my twitter, I saw that tweet and agreed. Surprised it took this long before king lib ante himself decided to turn a 50 text tweet into a long boring fear mongering post, followed by his merry band of bumbling minions to chastise the realist.

I don't think you understand the reasoning behind why liberals think the way they do. They actually do see the world as it is, but choose to not participate in this battle. It has nothing to do with delusion. It's just about not believing that this is the proper form of protection. I get both points of view. People want protection and just the thought of an advanced nuclear arsenal can make other countries think twice. I just don't see how using a nuclear weapon in any situation can get a country into a greater position of power in a global economy. You either stockpile or you brandish. The latter would cause us to be shunned by our partners and we can't survive behaving as we currently do without some serious backup. Stockpiling causes many other problems. There is a large cost to our people and land to do so. Besides, when does it end? Does Russia and the US keep building and building until they no longer have the space, money, and resources to carry on? Then what? I ask myself what the purpose of this all is and I see none besides a false sense of security.

Personally, I'd like to think we build missile shields and not missiles to strike other countries. Unfortunately, our government has lost the trust of many and to them missile shield=striking capability. Today, we can't even protect ourselves from the crazies without being accused of being crazy. The people in charge are incompetent and Trump is already failing to make the world a more secure place. Obama failed in this regard too. Russia should not feel like it must be so defensive. No American is interested in war with Russia. There's nothing to be gained from it. Besides, Russia has nothing to offer in any form. They're a pathetic trading partner.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
@ Arnie. Please. The website is a conspiracy forum. The entire site. Your shot was worthless and borderline retarded.

That moment when it becomes obvious that ATS is some people's entire reality. Sad.
edit on 23-12-2016 by BrokedownChevy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

The very facet of a hillary presidency is vastly scarier.

There you guys go again with your "But, but, HILLARY!" Give it a rest, she's out of the game right now.

Delusional thinking.

We have enough nuclear weapons to destroy the world over and you think we need more? THAT is delusional thinking.

Yes, most of you Trumpeters are quite delusional in your thinking. Admission is the first step to recovery.

Good day.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

The very facet of a hillary presidency is vastly scarier.

There you guys go again with your "But, but, HILLARY!" Give it a rest, she's out of the game right now.

Delusional thinking.

We have enough nuclear weapons to destroy the world over and you think we need more? THAT is delusional thinking.

Yes, most of you Trumpeters are quite delusional in your thinking. Admission is the first step to recovery.

Good day.

I feel you. Maybe they need to be spanked by their mothers or something. Just saying the words "we need more nuclear weapons" makes me feel like a piece of trash. Some people want to roll around in it. I don't care what anyone says, I was raised to know better than that.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Yes, there used to be grounded in facts and good analysis of events and mainstream conspiracies. IMO what has happened in recent years has been the proliferation of fringe right wing, John Birch Society nonsensical "conspiracies". Alex Jones is a huge promoter of these "conspiracies".

The "Birch fallacy" was summed up decades ago by the conservative intellectual, W F Buckley, Jr., as "the assumption that you can infer subjective intention from objective consequence: we lost China to the Communists, therefore the President of the United States and the Secretary of State wished China to go to the Communists." ....which even came to some as those men WERE Communists!

In the 1960s Buckley warned the Republican Party to never let this fringe group gain control. .... too bad they didn't heed his warning.....Contained in the right extremists are also what are called political reactionaries, who hate liberals and all things liberal. Reactionaries have been in political history, whereas the John Birch Society is a 1950s group. Reactionaries and JBS "conspiracy" promoters are all over the GOP now, and hence at ATS.

Factoid.... the Koch Bros father helped fund the start of the JBS. After years of spreading their Koch economic ideology, they were able to take over the Republican Party this year and give Donald Trump the ideology he lacked. Trump was given both the lunatic Koch economic and conspiratorial (through Bannon) ideology. So, there are some Trump supporters who fall into this category and post here.

If you can wade through the BS, there still are some good threads and posts here. And It's not just here but all over, but Alex Jones types are drawn to conspiratorial sites.
edit on 23-12-2016 by desert because: small clarification

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

...uhhh okay.
I understand the ideology completely, conflict is inherent within our nature. I'll extend and olive branch an say, that ideology sounds like a great utopia, however, we "ain't" there. That is the primary reason why its considered a sickness in this day age. It doesn't work, especially with the rise of radical islam and its penetration of first world societies, Europe being the primary example.

Some how, you manage to create conflicting statements, you say any country with a nuclear arsenal will make other nations think twice, then proceed to say, how does using a nuclear weapon put a country into a greater position? For starters, who said we'll use them? Secondly, hiroshima and nagasaki beg to differ and thus you might want to reflect on that period in regards to your statement.

Stockpiling, again your sickness is showing, other nations are buildng huge stockpiles as a deterant. There is in our best interest to continue as such. We can't simply toss our nukes aside, which goes back to square one of human nature. It certainly is a huge cost, but thats what it takes to secure ourselves.

We have built missile shields and as for the people losing trust in government, well you can thank 8 years of liberal ideology turning a blind eye to real issues, remind us who our president WAS and why Trump was elected.

DJT tweet is genius and if anything, you should be happy. Acknowledging that we all have a problem, but until it is solved, we will stockpile, hence, when the nations come to their senses in regards to nukes and how bad they are.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: desert

Yes, there used to be grounded in facts and good analysis of events and mainstream conspiracies. IMO what has happened in recent years has been the proliferation of fringe right wing, John Birch Society nonsensical "conspiracies". Alex Jones is a huge promoter of these "conspiracies".

The "Birch fallacy" was summed up decades ago by the conservative intellectual, W F Buckley, Jr., as "the assumption that you can infer subjective intention from objective consequence: we lost China to the Communists, therefore the President of the United States and the Secretary of State wished China to go to the Communists." ....which even came to some as those men WERE Communists!

In the 1960s Buckley warned the Republican Party to never let this fringe group gain control. .... too bad they didn't heed his warning.....Contained in the right extremists are also what are called political reactionaries, who hate liberals and all things liberal. Reactionaries have been in political history, whereas the John Birch Society is a 1950s group. Reactionaries and JBS "conspiracy" promoters are all over the GOP now, and hence at ATS.

Factoid.... the Koch Bros father helped fund the start of the JBS. After years of spreading their Koch economic ideology, they were able to take over the Republican Party this year and give Donald Trump the ideology he lacked. Trump was given both the lunatic Koch economic and conspiratorial (through Bannon) ideology. So, there are some Trump supporters who fall into this category and post here.

If you can wade through the BS, there still are some good threads and posts here. And It's not just here but all over, but Alex Jones types are drawn to conspiratorial sites.

Interesting post. Thanks for the information. Maybe we should task some mainstream journalists to creating a more modern buzzword for these political reactionary types. Buzzwords are the journalist's and reactionary's forté.

I'm trying hard to avoid these types, but they are so incredibly grating and it's on both sides. Right and left wing reactionaries carry out their causes in different ways and it affects each American in different ways.

I wish we could all come back to the table as I think the liberal and conservative people who are more "foundational" can use each other in a symbiotic way to achieve the goals of their own constituency. If a liberal or conservative group wants to get their ideas or bills passed through then surely they need their friends on the opposite side of the table to be willful listeners who will be allowed to share their thoughts and ideas as well as contribute. Strange how it consistently devolves into infant like behavior.

I appreciate the post. I have something to read up on now. I am always curious about learning how philosophies and the purveyors of those philosophies evolve.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy

@ Arnie. Please. The website is a conspiracy forum. The entire site. Your shot was worthless and borderline retarded.

That moment when it becomes obvious that ATS is some people's entire reality. Sad.

Oh is it really? Reading one political forum triggered a sad salty response from you on the merits of a conspiracy website, nevermind the various forums such as gaming, food and drink, oh my what conspiracies must be there?!?

Your sickness is showing.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

...uhhh okay.
I understand the ideology completely, conflict is inherent within our nature. I'll extend and olive branch an say, that ideology sounds like a great utopia, however, we "ain't" there. That is the primary reason why its considered a sickness in this day age. It doesn't work, especially with the rise of radical islam and its penetration of first world societies, Europe being the primary example.

Some how, you manage to create conflicting statements, you say any country with a nuclear arsenal will make other nations think twice, then proceed to say, how does using a nuclear weapon put a country into a greater position? For starters, who said we'll use them? Secondly, hiroshima and nagasaki beg to differ and thus you might want to reflect on that period in regards to your statement.

Stockpiling, again your sickness is showing, other nations are buildng huge stockpiles as a deterant. There is in our best interest to continue as such. We can't simply toss our nukes aside, which goes back to square one of human nature. It certainly is a huge cost, but thats what it takes to secure ourselves.

We have built missile shields and as for the people losing trust in government, well you can thank 8 years of liberal ideology turning a blind eye to real issues, remind us who our president WAS and why Trump was elected.

DJT tweet is genius and if anything, you should be happy. Acknowledging that we all have a problem, but until it is solved, we will stockpile, hence, when the nations come to their senses in regards to nukes and how bad they are.

You lost your chance to communicate from the get go. I tried and you came out of nowhere to make it personal. You're still condescending which is why I made my previous post. Goodbye. That's two people who have said goodbye to you in this thread. Good luck in your future attempts at human contact.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Ha, what a joke. If you can't hang, perhaps I can direct you to the very forums I posted for you.

Maybe food and drink. Take some of those delicious liberal tears on the rocks, shaken, not stired.

After a few shots, come on back to the big boy forums.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
No nukes is good nukes.

The production, sale and use of conventional weapons is a big part of what keeps the U.S. economy afloat at all.

Nukes make everything useless so it cannot be harvested and traded after the war ends.

Can't have that now, can we?.

Everything is about theft and resale these days.

It's about the banks and business, be happy you have a business douche as president now...

Fkg Idiots.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: desert

You have to admit that Alex Jones is brilliant for building an empire of BS on the backs of the gullible.
Sadly they are turning ATS into infowars as well.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Ha, what a joke. If you can't hang, perhaps I can direct you to the very forums I posted for you.

Maybe food and drink. Take some of those delicious liberal tears on the rocks, shaken, not stired.

After a few shots, come on back to the big boy forums.

I'm actually still here. I just find you repugnant. Sorry that you failed at being civil or an adult. You have only yourself to blame. Go ahead and blame liberals though. As if me being your devils advocate confirms my political beliefs. If anything, your little meltdown over me only confirms where the tears actually flow from. Blame me. Blame others. Blame the world. By all means, never be honest about your repulsive nature.

The rest of us are doing fine here. You are not. How come desert came across super decent and you couldn't?

To everyone else. The rest of us appreciate your decency. I will no longer stoke the fire underneath this troll's bridge. My apologies.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: desert

You have to admit that Alex Jones is brilliant for building an empire of BS on the backs of the gullible.
Sadly they are turning ATS into infowars as well.

He really is. It goes to show you that it's a lot easier to make millions when you have zero morality. I could never take advantage of a person. And in such mass...gross. It equates to Scientology for me. They try to lure people in with false hope and false information while selling them a belief in something. Keyword being selling. There's always money to be made. It wouldn't exist otherwise.

For some reason I just thought of the film Leap of Faith.

Ok I'm calling it Conspiratology from now on. The cult of political reactionaries.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

You mention Nagasaki and Hiroshima in context of gaining a position?..you serious? you do understand they had nothing to respond with..so ya I guess.
I guess this work's if you only nuke those who have no nukes themselves..this isn't 1945.
No one win's.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

How relatable is this guy? Amirite? I too have said a lot of things! Sometimes to myself! And how reassuring! The Orange One (may we all be so heavenly hued in the orange glow of atomic blasts!), world renowed foreign policy expert and brilliant tacitician, consults himself when it comes to subjects about which he knows little!

Nothing new...

Anyone remember....

“You know, the president (Obama) is quoted as having said at one point to his staff, ‘I can do every one of your jobs better than you can,’” Gates said on MSNBC’s Morning Joe.

Here we have a community organizer level of experience that walks into a room with 1000 years of combine expertise and says this.....
So I guess the question is what is your point and why now is it such an issue for you?
edit on 23-12-2016 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join