It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dear Leader-elect's Daily Twitter Debacle Goes Nuclear

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Update and make safer, yes.

Expand? Not unless he wants another cold war, where its colder than last time and - depending on his foreign policy - it would embolden and encourage states on the edge of the nuclear "club" to delve deeper into the mire.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Well, it must be the time of year for miracles, because I agree with you 100% here

Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

1. 1. China is ramping up production of its Nuclear MIRV systems and looking into hypersonic glide vehicles
  2. 2. Russia is modernizing its arsenal
  3. 3. Iran is going to produce the bomb
  4. 4. Saudi Arabia wants its own bombs
  5. 5. NKorea is claiming to have a weapon capable of reaching mainland US (maybe one day)
  6. 6. Pakistan and India may kick something off in the near future

I'd say Trump has a point.

But yeah let's fear monger based off a tweet. I'm sure since he's so egotistical he'd enjoy being the man that started WW3 and ended the planet. /s

So we should get into another arms race? What happens at the finish line? I'm guessing we get another missile crisis as everyone attempts to restate the terms of mutually assured destruction. Isn't that the whole point after all? Why would you have an arms race if you don't intend to scare the # out of everyone? And god forbid someone whose "really smart" decides they "can't afford look weak" and decides to call the wrong bluff.

As far as growing the arsenal goes, Russia is the only one in our ballpark of total nuclear warheads. If you want them improved I have a hard time believing we've just been sitting around twiddling our thumbs as our weapons system goes obsolete. We spend more on military than anyone on earth, we have the most advanced weapons development. We aren't as insecure as North Korea so we don't show it off every few months, but no one is really doubting our capabilities. The idea that people don't take us seriously is warmongering bull#, no one sees our nuclear capabilities as a joke, and I'm not willing to accept the idea that we've done nothing to improve them. I'm sure we've got several secret programs developing weapons.
edit on 23-12-2016 by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

If you think our nuclear weapons systems are connected to the internet you'd be naive.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

How what doesn't work? I'm pretty sure that's exactly how it works, if we're on the same page.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

The only network they may be connected to is a secure classified military network that the Chinese don't have access to but chances are they're not connected to anything and are stand alone systems. Do you think these nukes have the same ISP as regular Americans?
edit on 23-12-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

How what doesn't work? I'm pretty sure that's exactly how it works, if we're on the same page.

It isn't. There are a LOT of things that need to happen before the president can order a nuclear attack on anyone.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

No, not really.

Only the President can direct the use of nuclear weapons, including the Single Integrated Operational Plan (SIOP). While the President does have unilateral authority as commander-in-chief to order that nuclear weapons be used for any reason at any time, the actual procedures and technical systems in place for authorizing the execution of a launch order requires a secondary confirmation under a two-man rule, as the President's order is subject to secondary confirmation by the Secretary of Defense. If the Secretary of Defense does not concur, then the President may in his sole discretion fire the Secretary. The Secretary of Defense has legal authority to approve the order, but cannot veto it.[2][3][4]

Scary thing though, it's not as if Trump will go rogue, although it's Trump we're talking about here, but every president in the past couple of decades was asked by his military advisors to launch nukes. Thankfully those presidents didn't but imagine when a general comes asking Trump. Do you think he'll say no?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Here's the clarification:

Politico - Trump on nukes: 'Let it be an arms race'

Let it be an arms race … we will outmatch them at every pass and outlast them all,” Trump told MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” during an off-air conversation on Friday.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This was in response to Russia, which recently launched an effort to expand and update its nuclear arsenal, including the capabilities to get through advanced missile defense systems like those used by NATO. Our nuclear missiles might not even be digital, for all I know.

Hours earlier in Moscow, Russian President Vladimir Putin said in a defense speech in Moscow that Russia needs to "enhance the combat capability of strategic nuclear forces, primarily by strengthening missile complexes that will be guaranteed to penetrate existing and future missile defense systems."

CNN (Watch the video)
edit on 23amFri, 23 Dec 2016 08:50:17 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Oh FFS!! Trump is nuts, detached from reality! And it gives us another example that Republicans like to spend the big bucks, too!

How the hell is he going to raise the money for an arms race above the trillion dollars already set for arms, when he wants to continue to cut taxes???

Reality to Trump was the bubble he lived in, Trump Tower. He should have stayed in there, but, nooooo, people let the monster out, thinking he was harmless. Trump is a mogwai! President Gizmo!

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Yeah, I "liked" his tweet and agreed.

Stop being scurred.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

“Let it be an arms race … we will outmatch them at every pass and outlast them all,” Trump told MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” during an off-air conversation on Friday.

And this brings up something else. Who the hell is IN CHARGE?? Trump is not in charge; after his first tweet this week about nuclear capability, Jason Miller had to immediately come out and say, no, no, he was just trying to prevent nuclear proliferation!

Trump leads with his behind in the bathroom, tweeting outrageous tweets!! Which then have to immediately be interpreted as something else! Which then becomes the original horrible truth from his own mouth!

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
How relatable is this guy? Amirite? I too have said a lot of things! Sometimes to myself! And how reassuring! The Orange One (may we all be so heavenly hued in the orange glow of atomic blasts!), world renowed foreign policy expert and brilliant tacitician, consults himself when it comes to subjects about which he knows little!

To paraphrase, "Nukes Are Racist".

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Where are the nuclear physicists coming from for this escalation of death?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Putin and Trump have been in contact. This simultaneous announcement was pillow talk.

Well, to all those here who feel Trump was for the sovereignty of the United States.... you been punked.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
During my next performance evaluation at work, I'll address any grievances by stating I will "speak with myself" until the problem is resolved.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Maybe you shouldn't rely on a Forbes opinion piece.

The United States maintains an arsenal of about 1,750 strategic nuclear warheads deployed on Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles (ICBMs), Submarine-Launched Ballistic Missiles (SLBMs), and Strategic Bombers and some 180 tactical nuclear weapons at bomber bases in five European countries. The Departments of Defense and Energy requested approximately $23 billion in Fiscal Year (FY) 2015 to maintain and upgrade these systems and their supporting infrastructure, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO. CBO estimates that nuclear forces will cost $348 billion between FY 2015 and FY 2024. Three independent estimates put the expected total cost over the next 30 years at as much as $1 trillion.

The U.S. military has upgraded and refurbished nearly all of its existing strategic and tactical delivery systems and the warheads they carry to last well beyond their originally planned service life and is now in the early stages of replacing many of these systems with new systems. These modernized forces are more capable than the originals. The current and planned U.S. investment in nuclear forces is unrivaled by any other nuclear power.

Though the president and his military advisors have determined that U.S. security can be maintained while reducing the size of its deployed strategic nuclear arsenal by up to one-third below the 2010 New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (New START) levels, the proposed spending is based on maintaining roughly the New START levels in perpetuity.
www.armscontrol.org...

The US military hasn't been neglected. It hasn't been compromised.

edit on 23-12-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Some of you Trumpeters really, really scare the hell out of me.

The US has a few thousand (total, including those waiting to be dismantled) nuclear weapons, with upwards of a couple of thousand of them fully operational and deployed (ICBMs, SLBMs, etc),

AND YOU THINK WE SHOULD HAVE MORE????

You people are freakin' nuts.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Now, I don't want to be responsible for washing any dirty underwear, but.... Rick Perry as head of the Department of Energy will be in charge of your nuclear weapons programs. So, Pres Dumbass has Energy Secretary Dumbass.

Since the use of some form of this nuclear proliferation would no doubt have its effect on any nation, I refuse to wash your dirty underwear, too. Sorry. Permit me to give you some advice, be very careful when choosing your leaders.

Any Trump voter who didn't know what the Dept of Energy did lacks the knowledge to be an informed voter. Many Americans do not have a voting knowledge of the very govt they vote for. Epic fail.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join