It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dear Leader-elect's Daily Twitter Debacle Goes Nuclear

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
a reply to: theantediluvian

And to think you could be using your literary/journalistic talent for something more worthwhile than this diatribe.

Sad when someone with your obvious skill turns to hit piece, opinionated slander versus objectively reviewing both sides and the issues within.

You could probably reach a much wider audience than your S&F buddies at ATS and likely become a source of real news and information should this one day occur.

As it stands, you have solidified your position as a spiteful issuer of intolerance for any belief but your own.

This is a good thread. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean you should bring in false arguments against it. Your entire post is a false argument.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

In the days before we realized that we were in fact living in the End of Days — March — President-derelict Trump told the hosts of MSNBC's Morning Joe that when it comes to foreign policy, his number one advisor is himself:

"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things."

"But I speak to a lot of people, but my primary consultant is myself, and I have a good instinct for this stuff."

How relatable is this guy? Amirite? I too have said a lot of things! Sometimes to myself! And how reassuring! The Orange One (may we all be so heavenly hued in the orange glow of atomic blasts!), world renowed foreign policy expert and brilliant tacitician, consults himself when it comes to subjects about which he knows little!

This fact might explain how a particularly stupid idea was spawned in the electrolyte-rich environment of his Brawndo-soaked brain and none of the less insane members of his regime were able to catch it before he tweeted it the world:

Until the world comes to its senses about nukes, we should ramp up the production of nukes. Because nukes. What a brain! Why have none of the losers before him thought of this? The answer to the world-ending threat of nuclear armageddon is clearly proliferation! A round of Nobel Peace Prizes for this guy! I for one am feeling much safer already.

Stay tuned for what will certainly be more frightfully feckless foreign policy proclamations from the magic 8-ball nestled under the comb over.

We should have a weapon so devastating and destructive, that it should even scare us.

Like the nuke used too.

None of this 1000 Czar bombs BS.

I'd blow up the f'in sun.

Pull the trigger in a heartbeat.

Well, maybe as a last resort if the mini black holes don't work fast enough.

Be thankful I ain't in charge.

I do like "rods from god" tho.

Probably more in reach from a tech point.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

This is a good thread.

False, it could be a good topic if the op used his talent for reporting news down the middle and not one sided but hey if people want to keep everyone divided like the is doing then more power to them.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
It is more than likely an opening shot at bringing Russia and China to the table. We could do with some new international limits on Nukes.

Opening post was more of the same crap.

P

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

There's reasons for still using those old floppy disks...

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

And to think you could be using your literary/journalistic talent for something more worthwhile than this diatribe.

Sad when someone with your obvious skill turns to hit piece, opinionated slander versus objectively reviewing both sides and the issues within.

You could probably reach a much wider audience than your S&F buddies at ATS and likely become a source of real news and information should this one day occur.

As it stands, you have solidified your position as a spiteful issuer of intolerance for any belief but your own.

This is a good thread. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean you should bring in false arguments against it. Your entire post is a false argument.

You're like that friend that nobody realizes was actually feeding and growing negativity in you, and you didn't realize it until that one day...when you did.

And it was when someone was paying your friend a compliment and you suddenly realize that one friend was turning your positive response into a negative attempt at negative logic.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: xuenchen

America's been ready and we don't need more nukes or even the thought of thin skinned Trump flying off the handle and launching one.

If anything, under a Trump reign all nukes should be destroyed to protect us all.

That's lovely hyperbole.

But that's not how it works.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I'll tell you what, how about instead of expanding an already world killing nuclear arsenal, that we modernize the one we have, and expand nuclear research to include nuclear powered space craft and nuclear rockets?
We've been holding back this research for many years now and it makes little sense to dump all of our nuclear eggs into the weapons basket when we could be using it to better mankind.

I'm talking much larger scale. Like star system colonization purposes. Nuclear rockets could get us to Mars and beyond much faster than conventional chemical rockets. Not to mention propelling much larger payloads. I'm not going to say Trump is right or wrong on this one. But I definitely do believe we should be seeking to change the tracks on nuclear issues and make it work for us in a more constructive manner.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I saw his tweet and laughed this guy is in charge? I laughed until I knew this is real life and not a crazy ddream.
What is sad is the people on ATS just attacking the OP sticking up for their new leader despite tweets like this.
Thing is you lot are knackered now but I fear he will bring the rest of us down also.....I hope his supporters just wake up.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
I saw his tweet and laughed this guy is in charge? I laughed until I knew this is real life and not a crazy ddream.
What is sad is the people on ATS just attacking the OP sticking up for their new leader despite tweets like this.
Thing is you lot are knackered now but I fear he will bring the rest of us down also.....I hope his supporters just wake up.

I think what's more funny is people talking so much about his tweets....#OMG #ROFLMAO #THATSTHETICKET #RAD #GLEAMINGTHECUBE

If you don't see why he does them at this point then I don't hold much hope.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Yeah, sounds like Trump and Putin want to ramp up the nuclear arms race all over again. Don't we have enough nukes?

Btw, scary thought here, the computers many nuclear weapons use are so old they still use 8 inch floppy disks. Yikes...

America’s nuclear arsenal still runs off of 8-inch floppy discs

That's actually a significant advantage.

Better keep these things out of a network or the Chinese will be into it. Don't want the Chinese in that. They can have everything else, but not that for the love of God.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

He isn't wrong. It is one of the few tools America can hold to ensure conventional enemies know their place and keep in line.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Yea, our 6970 nukes aren't enough, one day we might lose a war that required the use of 6973 nukes! The rest of the world is looking at our 6970 nukes and laughing at how weak we are! We need to push for 1 million nukes! 6970 nukes isn't enough to even prove a point, 6970 is only enough to drop one nuke a day for the next 19 years! We need to drop 100 nukes a day for the next 100 years!

How can anyone feel safe with only 6970 nukes? WHY HAVEN'T ANY PREVIOUS PRESIDENTS LOVED ME ENOUGH TO PROTECT ME WITH MORE NUKES!!!!!! DON'T THEY KNOW HOW SCARED I AM!!!!!!
edit on 23-12-2016 by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Please, stop using quotes from Confucius to justify this mad man's irrational thoughts. Confucius was a thoughtful man. Donald is not.

What is going on with this world!?
edit on 23-12-2016 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
There has to be some country out there right now looking at america thinking "they on;y have 6970 nukes, I think we can we take em!" any 3rd world country could easily withstand an attack from 6970 nukes. Why are so weak? We need one nuke per person on earth! 7 billion nukes! just incase anyone steps out of line! That will teach them not to think we are weak! And while we are at it let's make all the trucks in America monster trucks!

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   

1. 1. China is ramping up production of its Nuclear MIRV systems and looking into hypersonic glide vehicles
  2. 2. Russia is modernizing its arsenal
  3. 3. Iran is going to produce the bomb
  4. 4. Saudi Arabia wants its own bombs
  5. 5. NKorea is claiming to have a weapon capable of reaching mainland US (maybe one day)
  6. 6. Pakistan and India may kick something off in the near future

I'd say Trump has a point.

But yeah let's fear monger based off a tweet. I'm sure since he's so egotistical he'd enjoy being the man that started WW3 and ended the planet. /s

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche
There has to be some country out there right now looking at america thinking "they on;y have 6970 nukes, I think we can we take em!" any 3rd world country could easily withstand an attack from 6970 nukes. Why are so weak? We need one nuke per person on earth! 7 billion nukes! just incase anyone steps out of line! That will teach them not to think we are weak! And while we are at it let's make all the trucks in America monster trucks!

Thing is, we don't know if any of them work.

Care to set one off to make sure?

And it's not all about you, anyway. (ur previous post)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
More smarts from Trump if it is true that the US nuclear capability has been compromised by a lack of investment over time. With China and even Iran (and you can bet Russia) actively developing capability, it makes sense to not just keep up, but go beyond what potential enemies are doing. I understand liberal types want to bend over and be submissive to appease all foreigners, but fortunately for the world those idiots have lost power.

Trump really is nailing the correct approach in every area.

Brilliant. Shaping up to to be the best President in a long time and he hasn't even taken office yet

Nice picture in the Op by the way of a nuclear explosion - way to go with the childish fear mongering. These liberal fools lose more and more credibility with each passing bitter comment.
edit on 23/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

More smarts from Trump if it is true that the US nuclear capability has been compromised by a lack of investment over time.

BS! America's military is not compromised. It's cutting edge, and the world's finest. America spends more on its military than any other country in the world, period!

We've achieved guaranteed mutual destruction a long time ago. You can't get better at that. Just faster.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: UKTruth

More smarts from Trump if it is true that the US nuclear capability has been compromised by a lack of investment over time.

BS! America's military is not compromised. It's cutting edge, and the world's finest. America spends more on its military than any other country in the world, period!

We've achieved guaranteed mutual destruction a long time ago. You can't get better at that. Just faster.

Do some research on the state of the US nuclear arsenal. We're not talking about the entire military here. It's also difficult/impossible to gain any insight from a tweet to understand what increasing a nuclear capability might look like.
www.forbes.com...
edit on 23/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join