It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dear Leader-elect's Daily Twitter Debacle Goes Nuclear

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

In the days before we realized that we were in fact living in the End of Days — March — President-derelict Trump told the hosts of MSNBC's Morning Joe that when it comes to foreign policy, his number one advisor is himself:

"I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things."

"But I speak to a lot of people, but my primary consultant is myself, and I have a good instinct for this stuff."

How relatable is this guy? Amirite? I too have said a lot of things! Sometimes to myself! And how reassuring! The Orange One (may we all be so heavenly hued in the orange glow of atomic blasts!), world renowed foreign policy expert and brilliant tacitician, consults himself when it comes to subjects about which he knows little!

This fact might explain how a particularly stupid idea was spawned in the electrolyte-rich environment of his Brawndo-soaked brain and none of the less insane members of his regime were able to catch it before he tweeted it the world:

Until the world comes to its senses about nukes, we should ramp up the production of nukes. Because nukes. What a brain! Why have none of the losers before him thought of this? The answer to the world-ending threat of nuclear armageddon is clearly proliferation! A round of Nobel Peace Prizes for this guy! I for one am feeling much safer already.

Stay tuned for what will certainly be more frightfully feckless foreign policy proclamations from the magic 8-ball nestled under the comb over.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yeah, sounds like Trump and Putin want to ramp up the nuclear arms race all over again. Don't we have enough nukes?

Btw, scary thought here, the computers many nuclear weapons use are so old they still use 8 inch floppy disks. Yikes...

America’s nuclear arsenal still runs off of 8-inch floppy discs
edit on 22-12-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Well it's better to stand ready than to stand down.

- Confucius

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

America's been ready and we don't need more nukes or even the thought of thin skinned Trump flying off the handle and launching one.

If anything, under a Trump reign all nukes should be destroyed to protect us all.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Why have none of the losers before him thought of this?

Because Donnie is like a smart person and all those lawyers and teachers just can't hold a candle to a man that wants gold toilets.

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

He's like, a really smart person. He has the best words. He skips intelligence briefs because his IQ is so high.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Maybe he has a point.
If Dubya had of listened to himself instead of advisers we wouldnt have invaded Iraq and set off the domino effect that has lead to the shytestorm we currently have in the ME.
Then again if Dubya had listened to himself he probably would have heard Crickets chirping.

If Im not mistaken Putin said something similar a few days ago, are you open to the possibility Trump is actually being clever and making Putin think twice?

Without addressing him directly he has shown Putin how stupid his statement is

edit on 22/12/2016 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

And to think you could be using your literary/journalistic talent for something more worthwhile than this diatribe.

Sad when someone with your obvious skill turns to hit piece, opinionated slander versus objectively reviewing both sides and the issues within.

You could probably reach a much wider audience than your S&F buddies at ATS and likely become a source of real news and information should this one day occur.

As it stands, you have solidified your position as a spiteful issuer of intolerance for any belief but your own.

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

How dare he criticize President-Elect Trump! That's so Un-American!

I'm sure if I searched your post history I won't find any posts criticizing Obama, Hilary, Democrats, Snowflakes, Liberals, SWJ's, and of course kittens, right? I mean, you gotta be consistent with your judgement, right?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

- Confucius

Muwhahahaha!! Aren't you glad Trump won the election and not one of the liberals who ran against him?

I bet re-opening testing on the Bikini Atoll could reduce Al Gore's carbon footprint and possibly halt Global Warming.

And the Navy needs more boomers. Lots of 'em.

Just think of all the jobs. There's gonna be so much work to do that all the social programs will have to be shelved. People can earn a paycheck again instead of staying home and having to wait for it to be delivered.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

How dare he criticize President-Elect Trump! That's so Un-American!

I'm sure if I searched your post history I won't find any posts criticizing Obama, Hilary, Democrats, Snowflakes, Liberals, SWJ's, and of course kittens, right? I mean, you gotta be consistent with your judgement, right?

Sure you'll find plenty. You won't find any mud pit national enquired style OP''s from me. I tend to be able to hold my own in forums which decorum matters, not petty botch sessions with the lowest common denominator.

I completely understand why Ante posts here as there is a reaction being sought that can only be found here.

I was simply speaking to the obvious talent, which is lost on this attempt at riding anger solely. But hey...it gets folks like you heated enough to attack a compliment so I guess if he/she is getting paid, it doesn't matter by whom as long as people are responding!

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
He is right though. If you say or are accused of being the most powerful nation on earth, you should be able to back it up. Strategical is just as important as tactical. Some could argue that the U.S. has conceded enough for the world. I mean eight years of someone telling half of the nation that their views and thoughts are not the way it will go, will make half the population angry. We see some of the other side angry right now. Still protesting after Trump won 3 times. It is starting to get old, although I do enjoy the discussions on it.
edit on 22-12-2016 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
What are they going to do when there is nobody left on this site to argue with them? To give them an idea, or an opposition or a person to attack? Someone to toss them something to perhaps chew on? They will be here alone. Thread after thread, post after post. Starring each other and patting themselves on the back. How boring it will be to be in constant agreement, after they have finished running everybody off who sees things differently.

Sincerely,
Your 'star and flag buddy'.
Angelina

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Hey, remember the time Hillary Clinton sold off 20% of the United States uranium supply to Russia?

And people are getting all fussy about a tweet.

edit on 12/22/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Btw, scary thought here, the computers many nuclear weapons use are so old they still use 8 inch floppy disks. Yikes...

That makes them unhackable.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I wouldn't waste energy on him.

He lost all credibility when he was caught making up stories for his blog on dailykos then using it here as a source.

Not sure why he didn't get banned. ATS standards have certainly gone down.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

A round of Nobel Peace Prizes for this guy! I for one am feeling much safer already.

They gave the Nobel peace prize to the last guy. 8 years later we see how prescient that was.
Mabye he will be like Obama and do the exact opposite of his words.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well i am sure this comment will be taken well...

Is that not the same argument used with guns in the US of A, why not with nukes ?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I wouldn't waste energy on him.

He lost all credibility when he was caught making up stories for his blog on dailykos then using it here as a source.

Not sure why he didn't get banned. ATS standards have certainly gone down.

I still hold out hope.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

- Confucius

We are more than ready. But Trump says 'Make more nukes' and SUDDENLY it is a good thing.

And people go lockstep with him no matter what crazy things he says. He has been lighting up * twitter brighter that a Kardashian on a Saturday night. Surprised he didn't post a selfie of his butt holding up a bottle of champagne.
edit on 22-12-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join