It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your inconsistencies are showing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
My Yin and Yang works like this - Part of the time I'm peaceful, accepting, more zen - And others times I'm more contentious, and want to let some steam off. So here goes some steam -

Are you pro-life? The best thing you could do/offer is ensure that less women have unwanted pregnancies in the first place. To freak out over contraceptive measures is just inconsistent with the whole idea of being pro-life because it's the very thing that can help towards your goal of less fetal deaths, and unless you've never once had sex unless it was specifically to procreate, you can shove all other religious beliefs concerning protection/birth control up your ass. If said case does apply to you, you just need to get laid then we can have a decent discussion on the matter.

Are you pro-gun rights, but against drug usage, vice versa? Which is it, people? Does outlawing something work or doesn't it?
If you're pro-guns and believe that banning guns/restricting guns is a bad thing to do - Apply the same logic to drug usage.
If you're okay with drug usage but desire that guns be more restricted/banned - Apply the same logic behind legalizing drugs and it works for guns.
Outlawing something in a huge country with huge open borders all over the place just isn't going to work out the way you want it to.

Are you a proud capitalist that believes in trickle-down economics and fair trade, low regulations and taxes on business, etc?
Conversely, do you believe that businesses need to be taxed more, and the government should be the one to enforce such laws?
This issue is two sides of the same coin. The Government is huge and all powerful because of corporate money and bribery, and corporations are huge because of government involvement including subsidies, regulations, etc. To attempt to give one side more money, power, etc is to only grow this two headed beast in size.

Those of you who are religious, why on earth are you the least like Christ? To be the first to reject aid to refugees, to be the first to "cast a stone" at people you disapprove of such as gays - We must not read the same Bible.

To those of you who believe you represent and advocate for minority groups, rights, etc - Just stop what you're doing and think for a damn second. Whether you like it or not, a large amount of the nation does not agree with the particular ideals you have - Resorting to violence, vandalism, social justice tactics, creating terrorist groups is fighting fire with gasoline. You are anti-helpful, you are making the problem worse than ever. Grow a brain and realize that you need to give a large group of people a reason to see things the way you do, and if you could achieve that - Harmony could be reached, rather than the state of unrest you perpetuate with your hatred creating ways.

To those of you who are homophobic, racist, bigoted, etc ( And by that I mean against gay marriage, don't believe transvestism is real, believe blacks are cursed/lesser etc...) - Seriously? This isn't 10,000 BC. Grow up, get educated, stop being a caveman. Get used to the idea that your conservative NotReallyButYouThinkIt'sABibleBased world is not how the world is bound to progress, and despite your blind faith, God is not going to destroy the world because two guys were holding hands. It's time to assimilate to a modern era, and holding onto your extremely old ways is just halting progress across the board - Think about it, the very "enemy" you fear and wish to destroy so much ( ISIS ) are just simply more dedicated to their doctrine than yourself. It's time to let it go.

Anywaysss. Just my rant for the day.

Deadlyhope

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

To those of you who are homophobic, racist, bigoted, etc ( And by that I mean against gay marriage, don't believe transvestism is real, believe blacks are cursed/lesser etc...) - Seriously? This isn't 10,000 BC. Grow up, get educated, stop being a caveman. Get used to the idea that your conservative NotReallyButYouThinkIt'sABibleBased world is not how the world is bound to progress, and despite your blind faith, God is not going to destroy the world because two guys were holding hands. It's time to assimilate to a modern era, and holding onto your extremely old ways is just halting progress across the board - Think about it, the very "enemy" you fear and wish to destroy so much ( ISIS ) are just simply more dedicated to their doctrine than yourself. It's time to let it go.

The irony of your post is that you say one thing, then do another. You rationalize it in your head as somehow different from what those other people do. It's not. Your belief that the bogyman you describe above exists in any meaningful sense is clear proof of this. You demonize and dehumanize those who you disagree with. You assign them thoughts and beliefs based on nothing but SKIN COLOR and a difference of opinion.

I'm probably one of the people you would shower with these labels. In your blind hatred you miss that I do care about minorities, or more accurately I care about the human race. I just don't agree with the way you go about "helping" people and I don't like your very contradictory message. Stop thinking that your way is the end all, be all and all must conform to your perspective in order to be good people. Cripes, you guys are more and more like religious fanatics. That should be a wake up call.

edit on 22-12-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Yeah OP your no different than the rest of us.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
You are..um...broadly generalizing & condemning entire groups of thought but your evaluations are not representative of most people in those groups (including the majority of religious folks)

Sounds to me like you're dealing with some grumpy fringe a-holes.

edit on 22-12-2016 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
My Yin and Yang works like this - Part of the time I'm peaceful, accepting, more zen - And others times I'm more contentious, and want to let some steam off. So here goes some steam -

OK, so here we go....

Are you pro-life? The best thing you could do/offer is ensure that less women have unwanted pregnancies in the first place. To freak out over contraceptive measures is just inconsistent with the whole idea of being pro-life because it's the very thing that can help towards your goal of less fetal deaths, and unless you've never once had sex unless it was specifically to procreate, you can shove all other religious beliefs concerning protection/birth control up your ass. If said case does apply to you, you just need to get laid then we can have a decent discussion on the matter.

You are equating pro-life with religion (probably Christianity, because that's the current cool argument.) Most pro-life people I know have no problem with contraception. They just don't want to PAY for it for some "freedom of choice" woman who uses her body as a three-hole circus and then needs someone to pay for the consequences. Try personal responsibility and maybe the two sides can meet in the middle.

Are you pro-gun rights, but against drug usage, vice versa? Which is it, people? Does outlawing something work or doesn't it?
If you're pro-guns and believe that banning guns/restricting guns is a bad thing to do - Apply the same logic to drug usage.
If you're okay with drug usage but desire that guns be more restricted/banned - Apply the same logic behind legalizing drugs and it works for guns.
Outlawing something in a huge country with huge open borders all over the place just isn't going to work out the way you want it to.

The Second Amendment covers gun ownership, if you live in the United States. Please point out to me the Amendment that states your right to drug use shall not be infringed. By the way, I personally think that everyone should have unlimited use to anything they want.. OD on your own time/dime and we'll clean up the mess. However, don't mix apples and oranges in that rant, k?

Are you a proud capitalist that believes in trickle-down economics and fair trade, low regulations and taxes on business, etc?
Conversely, do you believe that businesses need to be taxed more, and the government should be the one to enforce such laws?
This issue is two sides of the same coin. The Government is huge and all powerful because of corporate money and bribery, and corporations are huge because of government involvement including subsidies, regulations, etc. To attempt to give one side more money, power, etc is to only grow this two headed beast in size.

We don't have "free trade" and we are not currently a capitalist system. Truth be told, China is more capitalist than us. What we have is crony capitalism. You pointed it out but think the two are the same. They are not.

Those of you who are religious, why on earth are you the least like Christ? To be the first to reject aid to refugees, to be the first to "cast a stone" at people you disapprove of such as gays - We must not read the same Bible.

If you think Christians are bad, talk to Muslim fundamentalists about their viewpoint on gays. Their idea of casting stones goes to a WHOLE other level. However, we need to bring more of them into the US (refugees anyone?) By the way, if you want to find the most intolerant zealots on the planet, talk to an atheist. Not that they'll let you for long, because they will be too busy pointing out how believing in nothing is really REALLY better than believing in something. Not that they push their own viewpoint or anything... ~twitch~

To those of you who believe you represent and advocate for minority groups, rights, etc - Just stop what you're doing and think for a damn second. Whether you like it or not, a large amount of the nation does not agree with the particular ideals you have - Resorting to violence, vandalism, social justice tactics, creating terrorist groups is fighting fire with gasoline. You are anti-helpful, you are making the problem worse than ever. Grow a brain and realize that you need to give a large group of people a reason to see things the way you do, and if you could achieve that - Harmony could be reached, rather than the state of unrest you perpetuate with your hatred creating ways.

Here I applaud you... well said!!!!

Bigot. Definition. a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

That whole paragraph is the work of a bigot, by definition.

Anywaysss. Just my rant for the day.

Deadlyhope

And just an opinion, as always.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

My blind hatred?

When did I ever mention hate?

It's a rant, mate.

My way is definitely not the end all, be all. I'm observing others views and ranting about them - Not even judging them, I don't particularly think any less of you if you're a gun loving bible lover who hates gays or a liberal trans who hates christians, or anything between the two.

I do fit into some of the very categories I rant about - I'm a conservative christian personally, just not mainstream versions of the two - Nor do my political views show that I'm such all the time ( Pro-choice, for instance ) because I don't allow my personal views to get in the way of what I deem progress.

Is what I deem progress worthy of being deemed as such? Who knows. I'd ask you your opinion of my legitimate views in a far different forum section than the rant section.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

It's the OP's rant, just let him/her/ze have it.

We all have "our days".

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

And who are you to decide that what you feel is the correct way to handle all these issues is the one and only correct way to handle them?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

How dare you post a rant in a forum specifically designed for ranting?? Just who do you think you are??

Seriously though, I like it. There is a lot of truth here. People are so fond of bitching about what is so wrong with everything...yet they so rarely show any real inclination toward improving the situation. Most of the issues you address here are only issues because people perpetuate them. Like picking at a scab, preventing the wound from healing.

It is apparently more important to keep score, lay blame, and be "right" than it is to actually do something proactive and lead by example. This is a game that will never have a winner, until the players remember that it is supposed to be a team sport. However, judging by the knee-jerk hostility displayed here, that's not happening any time soon. People are so eager to shoot the messenger that they miss the message entirely. That is unfortunate.

join