It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt Gingrich: ‘I Made a Big Boo-Boo, Drain the Swamp Is In’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
After Newt Gingrich said no more trump "drain the swamp" on a radio show, looks like he claims he mis-spoke !!!

All kinds of triggering happened after he said that.

Millions of people screaming about how Trump is backing up and is a liar !!

So then Trump tweets out that the statement was wrong !!

Now Gingrich says it was a simple boo-boo.

Perfect bait & switch to trigger the triggerables.

These guys are smart.

Newt Gingrich: ‘I Made a Big Boo-Boo, Drain the Swamp Is In’

Former Speaker of the House New Gingrich (R-Ga.) said that he made a mistake when he suggested that President-elect Donald Trump will be abandoning his ‘Drain the Swamp’ campaign promise.

Speaking to NPR’s ‘Morning Edition’ on Wednesday, Gingrich said that he has been told that Trump “now says [drain the swamp] was cute, but he doesn’t want to use it anymore.”

Apparently, that did not sit well with the President-elect, because just 24 hours later, Gingrich tweeted a video of himself — potentially with the President-elect standing behind the camera directing him — telling his followers that he had made a “big boo-boo” and reversing his prior statement.

“I want to report that I made a big boo-boo. I talked this morning with President-elect Donald Trump, and he reminded me he likes draining the swamp,” Gingrich said in the video. “I mischaracterized it the other day. He intends to drain the swamp,” the former House Speaker continued.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Is Newt getting bought by the DNC? Why would he even speak on "behalf" of Trump? WTH is going on????

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

Is Newt getting bought by the DNC? Why would he even speak on "behalf" of Trump? WTH is going on????

They are playing games with the Democrats.

This whole thing was a clever set-up.

And it worked as intended.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

Relax. Nothing special. He's a gadfly with no particular remit. He appears on every talk show imaginable, writes columns, etc. He doesn't speak "on behalf" of anyone but himself. Besides, "drain the swamp" means something much different to trump than it means to you.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

The problem is the swamp covers both political parties and the presidency is only 1/3 of the D.C. power. Trump needs to rub the belly of the 'gators' for a while to get anything done.

It will be a slow process....

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

These guys are smart.

In some regards, yes. In this one, not so much.

Simply riding the next wave that comes along, regardless of the previous wave, to remain relevant=Newt.

Anyone with any sense who is not blinded by willful ignorance and dumb partisanship can see nothing is being drained. It's being strategically stocked for a *greater* purpose.

Oh, they're up to something all right.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

The problem is the swamp covers both political parties and the presidency is only 1/3 of the D.C. power. Trump needs to rub the belly of the 'gators' for a while to get anything done.

It will be a slow process....

Theres more monsters in the swamps than gators. Trump needs to be careful in that swamp that he doesn't get in over his head and get bitten by a snake.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

That's weird.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Because Trump didn't give him a position after Newt championed for him before and after the election.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

They are playing games with the Democrats. This whole thing was a clever set-up. And it worked as intended.

Yeah that's it. It was really only ever the faithful followers of Trump who bought into the #draintheswamp crap. The rest of us just assume he's lying because he lies constantly. Hillary has definitely lied a whole lot, including during the campaign but I don't think I've ever seen anyone elected who told more lies during a campaign than Trump did, ever. And when he wasn't lying, he was just plain wrong.

He'll say whatever he thinks his fans want to hear. The end. #DrainTheSwamp wasn't even his idea, it was something the brain hackers from C.A. came up with I'm sure.
edit on 2016-12-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

"Drain the Swamp" wasn't Trump's idea, nor did he even like it!

“Funny how that term caught on, isn’t it?” Trump mused during a rally this month in Des Moines, Iowa. “I tell everyone, I hated it. Somebody said ‘drain the swamp’ and I said, ‘Oh, that is so hokey. That is so terrible.'”

“I said, all right, I’ll try it,” Trump continued. “So like a month ago I said ‘drain the swamp’ and the place went crazy. And I said ‘Whoa, what’s this?’ Then I said it again. And then I start saying it like I meant it, right? And then I started to love it, and the place loved it. Drain the swamp. It’s true. It’s true. Drain the swamp.”
www.pbs.org...

Just another example of Trump's willingness to "say anything" during the campaign.
edit on 22-12-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

The worst part about the whole sad situation is that he trolls his supporters as he's doing it and they still never catch on. It's easier to understand how he can do it when you see ridiculous claims like the OP's!

"This whole thing was a clever set-up."

Lol.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

They are playing games with the Democrats. This whole thing was a clever set-up. And it worked as intended.

Yeah that's it. It was really only ever the faithful followers of Trump who bought into the #draintheswamp crap. The rest of us just assume he's lying because he lies constantly. Hillary has definitely lied a whole lot, including during the campaign but I don't think I've ever seen anyone elected who told more lies during a campaign than Trump did, ever. And when he wasn't lying, he was just plain wrong.

He'll say whatever he thinks his fans want to hear. The end. #DrainTheSwamp wasn't even his idea, it was something the brain hackers from C.A. came up with I'm sure.

Another game has been played as well. Wait till after Trump has been sworn in

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
actions speak louder than words. Trump's team has been anything but anti-establishment.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Trump made a lot of promises during the election and I'm hoping his "draining the swamp" meant getting rid of all the useless, needless regulations that are killing the small businessman and the people who seemed to delight in making up new ones. Putting heads of industry at key positions, makes much more sense than having lawyers making up new laws restricting/punishing businesses.
We. Need. Jobs. people and Obama was terrible at creating them. No. Part time, low wage McJobs don't count. I was against Hillary getting elected, because she was just going to be Obama 2.0, holding on to the same policies and getting nothing new accomplished.
Hopefully Trump will come through on a at least a few of his promises.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Yup.

Resigned in disgrace for being a slimeball. His hubris would make Kanye blush.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
The swamps are critical in the water cycle to keep water clean and prevent flooding. It also provides habitat for specialized species that depend on that environment. It's about diversity and a healthy ecosystem, plus it's illegal anyway.

Where would the skunk apes and swamp things live if we drain the swamps? Let's not forget about the swamp gas needed to explain UFOs. The progressive left environmentalists should be up in arms over this.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Because Trump didn't give him a position after Newt championed for him before and after the election.

Newt has always said from the beginning that he did not wish to be a part of the administration. You could say the same about Christie, yet he was offered something like three different positions that he refused. According to reports, he wanted AG. Just as good he didn't take one. The same is true for Ben Carson. He refused several positions before he accepted one. It's all a huge negotiation for these guys who accept or refuse based on their own perceptions.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Yeah remember in that other thread you asked for the Gingrich quote? Then I replied to your statement asking for the Trump quote?

top topics

join