It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 13

page: 92
<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Gordi
I hope today went well for you.
I hope you shed tears of joy and gratitude.
I hope you found comfort with your loved ones.
I know you "know".
]]]]]]]]HUGS[[[[[[[[ Grand G.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

...Gordi, wherever you are, I hope the day went ok for you. You know we were with you, by your side. HUGS!

Well, it's 4am... and I just got back up after crashing fairly early (for me!!)
'Raine - the send off was just lovely!
The service was beautifully delivered and captured my mum's spirit perfectly.
We had a fantastic wee day in our local pub afterwards and everyone was saying how BRILLIANT the service was and how we did my mum proud.
I couldn't have asked for a more perfect send off, mum would have LOVED it!!! LOL

I just want to say sorry, and thank you to my shed family - I'm not in the habit of sharing sad RL stuff and, yes - I'm one of the ones that nightstar gets annoyed at for not wanting to "bring the shed down" LOL but I am very aware that I have been sad-posting recently... I just want you to know that I REALLY appreciate all of the support, and lovely kind messages and stuff, it DOES make a difference in RL - YOU make a difference in RL! So, thank you!

I am smiling tonight.
Hard to believe on such a sad occasion, but I am.
My family and friends are just amazing. I am so lucky.

OK, I'm gonna stop now... I don't want to pinch kaelci's crown for babbling on!!!! (j/k - Love ya B!!!!!)
Is anyone in the shed just now??? it's 4.15am here, but I have a box of wine to share... LOL

BigG xx

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Gordi Our thoughts are with You!!

Back atya Mike!
and THANK YOU bro!

I have been "good" all day, and now I have a tear in my eye with you guys!!!! damn!!! LOL

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

...Its raining all day here in los angeles. As a angelino i dont often get to play in the rain. But today i did. I even walked barefoot through some puddles in glee like a little boy would earlier...

Dave - I am now smiling even harder than I was before... I LOVE that thought of you "puddling" barefoot!!!
Very sheddy!!! LOL
and YES, big thumbs up for your writing idea!
G (((manhug!)))

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

...Gordi, wherever you are, I hope the day went ok for you. You know we were with you, by your side. HUGS!

Well, it's 4am... and I just got back up after crashing fairly early (for me!!)
'Raine - the send off was just lovely!
The service was beautifully delivered and captured my mum's spirit perfectly.
We had a fantastic wee day in our local pub afterwards and everyone was saying how BRILLIANT the service was and how we did my mum proud.
I couldn't have asked for a more perfect send off, mum would have LOVED it!!! LOL

I just want to say sorry, and thank you to my shed family - I'm not in the habit of sharing sad RL stuff and, yes - I'm one of the ones that nightstar gets annoyed at for not wanting to "bring the shed down" LOL but I am very aware that I have been sad-posting recently... I just want you to know that I REALLY appreciate all of the support, and lovely kind messages and stuff, it DOES make a difference in RL - YOU make a difference in RL! So, thank you!

I am smiling tonight.
Hard to believe on such a sad occasion, but I am.
My family and friends are just amazing. I am so lucky.

OK, I'm gonna stop now... I don't want to pinch kaelci's crown for babbling on!!!! (j/k - Love ya B!!!!!)
Is anyone in the shed just now??? it's 4.15am here, but I have a box of wine to share... LOL

BigG xx

Its good to see you Gordi. Im glad things went well. We always wonder before hand how we will take this and what we will do, and if we will be a hot mess at this type of thing. It sounds as if you did well. Its coming up on 4 years, march 9th when I lost my Mom, and I know exactly how it feels. She was my best friend. I miss her dearly, but I still feel her. One day my grandson who didn't know her name , announced to my ex-wife that my mom had visited him at his home and spoke to him. My ex questioned him and he recited what she said. It amazed us all!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

... Wow! What a compliment. It made my dad really proud of me, and put tears in my eyes to hear that I helped bless someone. I do take my singing very seriously and practice everyday. I love to croon. I try to make every syllable shine. But to hear a compliment like that in that way really touched me. I just love it when I make dad proud. He is a very humble man

Sound clips or it didn't happen!!!!! LOL
I'd LOVE to hear you sing.... share share share.... please!
and WELL DONE YOU!

G

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Gordi, Wis and I are here and will gladly share your wine. I am happy to hear that Mum had such a wonderful send off. Do NOT apologize for any sad things you may have shared. If we as a community/friends/family cannot share the good and bad in life then we have failed.

I know from personal experience what a huge difference you have all made in my own life when I shared my fears or tears or whatever in here. This is our fantasy realm to get away from it all, but it is also a very real place with very real people who have real thoughts and feelings that should be acknowledged. There is real love and compassion in here as it should be, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Now our dear Wise Woman Wis needs a hug so...

edit on 20-1-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

It will happen, and probably pretty soon Bro!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
Gordi
I hope today went well for you.
I hope you shed tears of joy and gratitude.
I hope you found comfort with your loved ones.
I know you "know".
]]]]]]]]HUGS[[[[[[[[ Grand G.

I know!

WIS - I saved a HUGE big squishy hug for you!
Brace yourself.... and Pucker Up!!! LOL

Thank You!
Gx

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

One day my grandson who didn't know her name , announced to my ex-wife that my mom had visited him at his home and spoke to him. My ex questioned him and he recited what she said. It amazed us all!

What did your Grandson say??????? I would love to hear more about this!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Its good to see you Gordi. Im glad things went well. We always wonder before hand how we will take this and what we will do, and if we will be a hot mess at this type of thing. It sounds as if you did well. Its coming up on 4 years, march 9th when I lost my Mom, and I know exactly how it feels. She was my best friend. I miss her dearly, but I still feel her. One day my grandson who didn't know her name , announced to my ex-wife that my mom had visited him at his home and spoke to him. My ex questioned him and he recited what she said. It amazed us all!

vbt - Let's raise a wee glass between us.... to "mum".

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I want to raise a glass too for all our Moms!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Gordi, Wis and I are here and will gladly share your wine. I am happy to hear that Mum had such a wonderful send off. Do NOT apologize for any sad things you may have shared. If we as a community/friends/family cannot share the good and bad in life then we have failed.

I know from personal experience what a huge difference you have all made in my own life when I shared my fears or tears or whatever in here. This is our fantasy realm to get away from it all, but it is also a very real place with very real people who have real thoughts and feelings that should be acknowledged. There is real love and compassion in here as it should be, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Now our dear Wise Woman Wis needs a hug so...

This is so weird... I stayed "strong" all day... and now - thinking about you guys I have tears in my eyes!!! wtf??? LOL
What a wonderful day. It was a Hugfest! LOL My cousins are amazing! You shedfolks would love them!!!
They call themselves the "Crazy Cousins" but they are so full of love and support... it's like a wee shed!!! haha!!

WIS - I'm in a cuddly mood - and there's plenty of me!!! so snuggle up!!

Gx

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I want to raise a glass too for all our Moms!

YES!!

To ALL of our mums!
Those with us, and those sadly missed.
You only have one mum! Look after her if you can.

mum.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
And for all those we have lost loved ones. First found this song when Dad passed away and cried like a baby, then when Mom died and being more recent I sobbed uncontrollably. Still brings tears, but I know how deep their love was here on earth and know they are together again. Two soulmates together forever.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I was fortunate to have lived in an apartment above my Mom when she was alive and could help her so that she could remain at home until she was 90. She was able to live a good long life.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

That's beautiful!

'Raine - will you dance with me? (bowing)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

You can only be so strong for so long. Love makes you tear up and there is plenty of that in here. Now stop flirting with Wis, I'm getting jealous. LOL! Kidding. If I were a guy, I'd flirt too.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I would be honored Sir Gordi. Takes Gordi's hand.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

a reply to: visitedbythem

One day my grandson who didn't know her name , announced to my ex-wife that my mom had visited him at his home and spoke to him. My ex questioned him and he recited what she said. It amazed us all!

What did your Grandson say??????? I would love to hear more about this!

He didn't know her name before but told my ex that Grandma Bettie came to visit him, and she said " what a beautiful garden your dad has( my son Daniel), Yeah it tripped us all out, my dad and sisters included. I wish she would come for a visit here

new topics

top topics

<< 89  90  91    93  94  95 >>

join