It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 13

page: 89
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ccbears

LOL

I haven't been wasted in years but why not

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I guess there's just one think left to do..

edit on 20-1-2017 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

What? Go to sleep? Have a beer? Wine or brandy might help. I don't have any though.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

I have everything! Name your poison!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst

I have everything! Name your poison!

Black Russian! I think that's kahlua and vodka? I must get some sleep Hun. You can have my drink/drinks ready for me later. Have a great Morning!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Will do Star! Have a good nite.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
morning all and happy Friday!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Hello Shedisans! hope you're having a wonderful Friday!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre
a reply to: SyxPak

Thanks, guys! Actually, there's a bit more before PrairieShepherd leaves on a new adventure that I have not even conceived of yet. Hm.
Well, anyway...continued from Page 87...

Later, he stood by the much smaller grave. Pulling out his belt knife, he carefully cut the blackened leather straps that held the cruel axehead onto Exolus Atu's weapon. Gingerly, he set the yellowed bones into the shallow pit, and silently, covered them with dirt.

The pixie sat on his shoulder, looking curiously at him.

"You don't understand, do you?" She shook her head. "Her name was Inisa. She was my wife. The demon captured her. Those bones are all that is left after he was through with her body. She was a precious, beautiful soul. He took her body and turned it into and object of hate." His voice was wooden, pain so old it was empty now.

The pixie's hands covered her mouth, tears streamed down her face, and she shook her head in silent horror.

"Don't cry, little one. She and I, we finally have peace now."

Grabbing his staff, he bowed his head and the staff began to glow blue and white. Bringing the staff up with both hands, he slammed it straight down onto the axehead and held it there. Blue and white lightning crackled, and the axehead began to glow - first a dull red, then orange, yellow, and finally a brilliant white. Suddenly all the light winked out, and Shepherd exhaled wearily. Where the axehead had been now sat a polished steel plaque. On it were two words:

INISA
Beloved

Once again, the pixie in the green dress flitted off suddenly. Shepherd finished covering Inisa's spine with dirt, then set the plaque down into the dirt at the foot of the grave mound.

The pixie returned with an armload of red rose petals. Hovering over the small mound, she tossed the petals over it. Light sparkled and flashed. When it cleared, there was a rosebush growing there. The pixie pointed to the base of the plant, then hugged herself. Shepherd understood - the roses would hug Inisa forever, here in The Shed. Shepherd nodded.

He reached down, pulled a stem toward him, and jammed a thorn into his fingertip. He squeezed his finger, and his blood dripped onto the base of the rosebush, soaking into the rich earth beneath.

The pixie looked at him curiously again.

"Now a part of me will rest here too. With her."

She smiled a sad smile, and another tear fell. She flew down and touched his finger, stopping the flow of blood.

His task done, PrairieShepherd leaned the magic shovel up against the oak, grabbed his staff, and began to walk back to where the Flock waited. The green pixie alighted on his shoulder again.

"Why don't you speak? Pesky does," he asked her.

She gestured, covering her mouth. She pointed to the shoot of a pine tree, struggling up through the grasses, then at a giant cedar.

"You've been mute your whole life?" She nodded.

"You're blessed then." She looked at him as if to say, How can that be?, or perhaps it was, Are you completely mad? Shepherd couldn't exactly tell.

"My mouth has gotten me in trouble more times than I can count. Sometimes, I think if I could glue it shut it would be better for everyone."

The pixie gave him a secretive, mischievous smile. He looked at her critically. "Don't even think it. Not even as a joke." She pouted.

He walked on a bit farther. "I have to leave Accasia now for a time, but I'll be back. Thank you...I don't even know your name."

She waved her hand, and green letters glowed before him.

"Visaera Ellente," he read. "It's lovely, Visaera, like you are." She smiled at him. "Does it have a meaning in my tongue?"

She nodded and waved her hand again, but this time it was almost as if a portal had opened, and he saw a rosebush, with petals a deep, pure scarlet, its leaves and stems a brilliant emerald green. Snow piled around it, and crystal clear ice clung to the blossoms, leaves, and thorns, as if an ice storm had frozen the rose at the peak of its perfection. Shepherd had only rarely seen anything so beautiful.

"I will never forget you, Visaera Ellente. Thank you."
edit on 1-20-2017 by PrairieShepherd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

hello me either so i would be wasted at 8 drinks well maybe 6...i am a light weight..lol..

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Good Morning Shep, and Everyone else!! Shep I liked the last part of Your Tale! Well done!!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
are y'all going out to celebrate your new presidents 1st day ?

anyone feel the need to get excessively drunk ?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I have really enjoyed the last couple hours of seeing the 45th president being sworn in.

We even made cocktails.

Now we are watching Idiots trying to make trouble.

Oh yea.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

Well I don't know about "excessively", But as I said in another post....

I don't know if I'm celebrating a new beginning or the end....

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

From You : "anyone feel the need to get excessively drunk ?"

I feel that way all the time! However it rarely happens, in Real Life!

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Hey Syx.

You and CC watching the inauguration?

We have. When I say "We" I have a friend that has come up to go ice fishing, and snowmobiling. Great up here when we have a good base like this year.

Ok, So you and CC should think about coming up and visiting. Were not that far away.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

THAT..was good.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Hi Kat. I have thought of coming up that way. Just need the financing to get straightened out first. (Will take a while)
We don't watch much TV but CC just tuned into the events....
(I'm drooling Dragon spittle looking Your drinks!)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

HELLO..Has he been swore in yet..i just turned it on...and man these people are going to be drunk before its all over...i hear two toates already...and it dont look like water to me either...yep they will be buzzing..lol

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

a reply to: Errollorre

Thanks guys! I'm glad you liked it - those two segments were interesting writing - the scene almost wrote itself. I'm glad there was a touch of the mischievous pixie element, but I was hoping it wouldn't turn out to whimsical and ruin the mood of the scene.

Shep waves at everyone else
Hi Kat, Kibric, CC! I'm still at work, and have a very early morning tomorrow so I doubt there will be any "tying-one-on" for the Shepherd tonight.

new topics

top topics

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join