It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 13

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

*looks at his soup*
*looks at your pictures*
*looks at his soup*
*cries*

Those sammiches look delicious!!!! Also, a rootbeer float to wash it all down..mmmmmm

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
continued from page 47

As Storm and Night Star flew through the icy air, they scanned the scene below. "I see Jojopo!" shouted Storm. He swooped down into a field of bloodied bodies and ash covered earth. The goblin sat on a bolder with his head hung low and grasping his sword with both hands. It appeared he struck it into the ground and held onto the standing hilt as though to hold him in position so he would not fall to the ground. "Jojopo, are you injured?" asked the elf. She herself had not noticed just how much pain she herself was in until that moment. Burning pain in her arms and legs made her flinch as she walked toward him. The goblin looked up slowly and pointed to a mound of earth beside him with a cross that marked the solemn grave.

"Who?" asked Night Star. Jojopo could hardly speak. His words choked off by tears and grief. "Garren the newly crowned King of Alandias and our dear friend." The boy was like a son to the goblin and his heart broke as a piece of it was taken away by the wretched war. Night knelt beside the grave speaking in her ancient elven tongue. She spoke a prayer of well wishes for the boy turned man and for joy in his new and wondrous journey beyond. She untied a velvet pouch she had strung around her waist and took out a small glass vial placing a tiny bit of the dirt into it and placing the vial back into the pouch. Closing her eyes, she let the tears flow freely.

Storm came closer and bowed his massive head. "You fought valiantly and made us proud. Songs will be sung throughout the ages in memory and in honor of you. You will not be forgotten. He breathed fire onto the grave and it hardened into a rock-like formation glittering like stars.

edit on 17-1-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Kat, that looks delicious!!!!!! Good to see you Hun!

Pats Jiminy's back. There, there, it will be alright. Passes him the food and drink that Kat left.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Hah we better man. If you can't take trip east I'll make my way west one day.

Agreed some amazing people around. Got to meet a few of them already. I hope your appointment goes well.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Continued from entry above.

The large white wolf came bounding toward them with Pesky riding on his back, his fur smudged with crimson blood and mud. The little pixie looked exhausted and started to slip from Wolf's back. Night rushed to catch her, kissed her head and placed her safely into the hood of her cloak to rest. "Wolf are you alright? You weren't hurt?" asked Night. The large dirt covered wolf put his front paws on the Elf's shoulders almost knocking her over with his strength and licked her face." She held him close. They all had suffered losses and battled hard against the minion of demons that invaded their realm.

Wolf looked into Night's eyes. "I have found Sky and his body is at rest beneath a tall maple tree at the edge of the forest. "The other wolves and I buried him there. We made a beautiful ceremony for him with words of wisdom and love." Night fell to her knees and cried. Once she composed herself enough to speak, she asked Wolf to take them there. She stood up in agony from the pain of her wounds and climbed onto Storm who would fly her there. They all followed until they reached the little dragon's final resting place.

Again she filled a tiny vial with the dirt from the grave and gave her elven prayer. Storm hardened this grave as well and the rock hard formation turned to crystal that sparkled in the early Morning light. They each looked to one another in silence as there were no more words left to say, only deep sorrow, tears and pain.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Hello my night owl! Shall I share my branch so you can sit a while?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

It was me flying but your dragons are too fast! Lol

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

We won't sell cashew chicken but I know how to make it and I will for you no problem!

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Gordi, did Mom have any kind of services? Any gathering of family and friends? We haven't heard much, so I thought I'd ask. Do you have anything besides pics that you got to take home with you? I love my treasures from my Mom and Dad!

Hi 'Raine,
The service could have been today, but we decided to put it back to this Friday to allow for any potential delays (due to the festive break back-log) AND cunningly... to allow everyone to celebrate mum's send off in proper fashion without having to work next day!
So, yes - there will be a funeral service, burial and "The Purvey" on Friday.
From HeraldScotland.com:

The term “the purvey” is often associated with that part of the proceedings consequent upon a funeral service or wedding ceremony where the mourners or guests “partake of sustenance or refreshment”. Thereby although not of Scots language derivation, purvey is surely affectionately associated with the Scots custom of offering guid hospitality.
... (Basically where everyone has a drink or twelve to give the dear departed a good send-off! and YES we're expecting a LOT of family & friends to be there.)

We're still in the process of clearing mum's flat, we're just taking our time doing a little bit here - a little bit there. I have some other family photos and things to check through, but I'm afraid that I'm not very sentimental about possessions and stuff. I think I prefer memories.

We're meeting the lady who is performing the funeral service this morning. So, I'm expecting a few stories about mum to be shared then!!

Gx

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Wee Dougie (7) just headed off to School with the line:

Right, that's me away.... see you in six hours!

Do you think he's been here before?? LOL

G

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Hi Gordi! I hope you're doing well. I have the beer for everyone this time!

English Beer - Fullers or Newcastle
Scottish Beer - BrewDog Zeitgeist or Innis & Gunn Rum Cask
American Beer - Stone Brewing Co. Arrogant Bastard Ale or Big Sky Brewing Moose Drool

I had to look the last two up, they have the best names in the US lol

And Champagne for everyone else!

I thought i'd pass on the haggis from Wales, too many bad memories, and I don't want to know how bad their beer tastes.

Star! Thank you again Big Hugs!

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

aww that is adorable!! lol

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Jdennis10
I got it just in time, too. What took so long for them to contact me was that since there are kids there, they have tons of background checks. I think they have a game tonight (a big one) so I might have to help my friend set up and tear down after.

How's your job going?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

My job is great, I cooked chicken in a Wok all day. Going back soon. Lol. I am happy for you about your new job!

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
That's cool. I'm glad that you like your job.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

oooooh!!!
Innis & Gunn for me!!! I LOVE IT!!

and... my favourite Welsh beer is Felinfoel Double Dragon!
LINKY
Lovely stuff.

We are all doing fine thanks, all the arrangements have gone well but it is very tiring and I'll be glad when Friday is over.
Gx

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hello! Oh yes tonight for sure we shall share a branch and sit a while.

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
JD, it always helps when one likes their job. Just too bad you have to work so many hours. Well, more money in your pocket anyway.

Gordi, sound like your Mum will have a beautiful service and a great send off get together with family and friends afterward. LOL @ wee Dougie!

LuX, I'd like to try the different beers and have some champagne too!

Hi Skiddy! Glad the job is going well!

I just checked my poem/prose thread and I got 22 flags. I don't usually pay attention to stars and flags, but that blew me away. I wasn't even going to post the damned thing. LOL

It's my day out with Linda. There are a lot of Winter Birthdays coming up so I hope I hope I can find some good bargains somewhere.

Good Morning/Afternoon everyone!

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Oh cool! So hard for me to sleep at night. It will be nice to have company!
How are you today?

posted on Jan, 17 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I figured you out...

I was sifting through my mind a few days ago and realized, you're...

You're none other than the Lady Sif! A real Wonder Woman!

Whoa now, don't get upset at me!

I know you're like "Now Jason, what the heck does Lady Sif, an Asgardian in Marvel comics, have to do with Wonder Woman, the most gorgeous female in DC Comics?? They're rival companies, and the characters don't seem to have much in common!

Well m'Lady, allow me to hack the Universal code and take you on an amazing...

and show you how these two Goddesses just might be a lot more like each other, and you - than you thought I knew.

In fact, we'll just merge all 3 of you into 1...

Maybe we can call you the Uncanny JD (and yes, I'm pretty sure you're from another realm!).
And yes, I just did that in front of everyone!

new topics

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join