It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 13

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

You are adorable. A good son.

Rest up, When a loved one passes after prolonged illness, the best thing you could ever do is give yourself a good nights sleep at last!

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

You are adorable. A good son.

Aww zazzy.... thank you! I must take after my mum!! LOL uhm...no...hang on....

Rest up, When a loved one passes after prolonged illness, the best thing you could ever do is give yourself a good nights sleep at last!

Yes Mum! LOL

G

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Chooch, Gordi LuX, Mac, Zazzy and all denizens of the Shed,

Gordi, for your Mom and for raising an awesome Son like you...

I'll have to get dressed and ready to go out later. Doesn't the world know I am in hibernation mode?

edit on 10-1-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The critters in Acassia are
not crabby in the morning.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

Ahahaha! That was great! Hi Tom! Say Hi to Gail for me!

I'm out the door now. Catch you all later!

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Howdy Shedisans -

Got a little more snow this morning. Roads were pretty slick and visibility not good so I get to work from a soft chair under a blanket with hot cocoa today.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Hey Shep!! Nice to be able to work from home, right!?
And Hello to everyone else!
I Hope today is a good one for You all!

(I'm still way back in here. Trying to get caught up....)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
...And just because I'm feeling like posting media today, here are a couple tunes I at least find entertaining. Duke Ellington worked with his colleague Billy Strayhorn for many years, and together they wrote some of the most famous big band jazz ever produced. Late in Ellington's career, he and Strayhorn looked for new musical territory to conquer. They produced a series of suites for jazz, based on other works. Notably, Steinbeck's novel Sweet Thursday became Zweet Zurzday, Edvard Grieg's music for Henrik Ibsen's play Peer Gynt became a jazz suite, and nine of the dances from Tchaikovsky's setting for the ballet The Nutcracker were rearranged for jazz.

It's a little late for Christmas, which is when I usually pull these out, but they are fun any time of year. So here are my favorite two from Ellington & Strayhorn's The Nutcracker Suite:

The Arabian Dance - "Arabesque Cookie"

March - "Peanut Brittle Brigade"

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Hi Syx! Heck yeah!
If I could get away with it every day I would!

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
...And finally (Shepherd is being a post-hog today...)
Here's the next episode of my story!
Link to all posts in Sheds 11 and 12
(Shed 13) Page 55 - An Interview
(Shed 13) Page 66 - Detour

Today's episode: What You Can't See

The sun shone bright into the end of the alley, causing a glare and deepening the shadows along the sides of the alley. Baeler continued to scan the alley, even though there was no one except the man – no, now there were three men – at the end of the alley, just past stacked barrels and piles of large baskets. Two were squatted down, one was leaning against a wall, watching them. As she and Baeler approached, the men on the ground stood up, and all three came forward to block their path. Siere noticed they were not hawkers for the market, they looked more like merchant guards. One was tall and burly, with rough blond stubble on his jaw and a flat look in eyes that made him seem permanently squinted. The other two were similar in appearance and build – both brown haired, stocky, and shorter than the man in the middle. They all had the tan, lined faces of someone who is outside a great deal.

“Now, what’s a Bastion Lanceboy doing in an alleyway with a lovely young Temple girl? Meeting in secret, are you?” His western brogue was thick, and he leered at Siere. She glanced at Baeler and caught his right hand stealing across his body toward his scabbarded sword.

Siere’s irritation flashed once again. After all that she had to put up with, now this as well? She began to gather tamborae around her to teach the man some manners.

“I advise you to mind your tongue.”

“Your advice is noted, girl,” the tall man growled, looking directly at her. She felt a momentary flash of rage at the man’s insolence, and as she stared daggers right back at him a nasty smile spread slowly across his face. “Perhaps after I kill your loverboy here, I’ll take you myself. Never had me a Lady before, and a Seeress to boot.” His eyes ran over her figure hungrily.

That was too much. She gave the man a Correction.

Nothing happened.

He has no kir! she thought desperately. He gave her a wicked grin.

“Tried to Correct me, did you? Where’s your power now, you filthy Temple whore?” he snarled.

She only had a moment’s warning – his eyes broke contact and swung up to look behind her. Siere started to twist toward movement coming from where he glanced, then screamed as something pierced her ribcage and blinding pain exploded from her side. Tamborae scattered as a voice in her ear said, “Shouldn’t have stuck your pretty nose where it don’t belong, witch.”

~-*-~

Baeler cursed himself. Lord Braeghe would have his head for this. The Seeress lay on the ground, a crimson blossom on her white robes, spreading from the knife in between her ribs, but still trying to get up. He stood his ground in front of her, sword flying. The man who stabbed her – after coming from behind the piles of baskets – lay a couple feet away, his life draining out from the gash Baeler’s sword put in his throat.

His attention was on the three men in front of him. He stayed defensive, waiting for one of them to make a mistake. His Bastion training flooded his head. Multiple attackers. Wait for the opening, don’t force it. Stay on your feet, stay balanced.

He scored twice, dancing around the Seeress, who had collapsed and was now still. Focus. You cannot do anything for her but kill these men. He went on the attack.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

G'day PS !

And ... all who frequent this place of friendly refuge !

If you are into big band jazz, I highly recommend a movie a saw just a few days ago,

"Whiplash" I don't have any links but it is well worth searching for !!

Have a great day / evening everyone ...

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Hey Man! Just a quick hello, then back to gettin' some stuff done here.
Real life gets in the way of all the fun sometimes!!

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Going to read this later! (Hoping it will be today sometime....)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Great that you are busy bro !!

Hope you and CC are well and enjoying family !

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Yah busy is right! I'm so full of pain meds, it would drop a Horse! LOL!!

(That's what it takes for Me to be able to do anything physical, besides punching the keys to type this out!....)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Shep, great photo! I love trees! Now I want some hot cocoa. Our snow is starting to melt and it's a slushy mess out there.
Great story entry!

Hiya Timely! You staying out of trouble? Why am I laughing here?

Hi CC and Syx! CC, thanks for the PM, you must share in here! Bahaha! Hey Syx, love the air guitar you play!!!

Foss, I discovered something new today at a little witchy shop...selenite! It is a big heart shaped piece and man that things glows more than moonstones!!

Looks like it was a rather quiet day today in here. Hope everyone is well.

edit on 10-1-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

You are laughing because you need blankets and we need snow !!

40c with added humidity !!

'Don need no steenkin' blankets @!

Ed: Maybe you are laughing at Obama's " legacy " speech lol !
edit on 10-1-2017 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Hey there Timely! I haven't seen his speech so it can't be that. LOL! Yes we need blankets. Brrrr! How are you Sweetie?

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
6a reply to: Night Star

Always hot ! ... so it seems lol !

But you knew that already ... hmmm ?

Hehehe !!

edit on 10-1-2017 by Timely because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join