It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 13

page: 185
<< 182  183  184    186  187  188 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

So lovely!

How are you doing BTW?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

So lovely!

How are you doing BTW?

Thanks!
I'm doing well.
Almost back to my old self! Oh NO!!!
Just a tickly cough to get rid of, but that's absolutely fine.
Work has been nice and steady (busy, but not TOO busy!)
And a lot of the RL stresses have eased lately, which is a huge relief!

How goes it with You?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

I'm doing well.
Almost back to my old self! Oh NO!!!

Lol you remind me of this quote from Edgar Allan Poe,

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity..."

And a lot of the RL stresses have eased lately, which is a huge relief!

Ah! You lucky man!

As for me I'm just coming back from tiring days; But that was the past! And you know what today is - a new day! So I am currently chillaxing and finishing my coffee!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

HAPPY NEW DAY!

I am off to heat up my leftover home-made cheesey macaroni and to slump in front of 2 or 3 episodes of Sons Of Anarchy!

laterz...

G

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Sounds cool!

See ya

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Ooh, hi Dave, long time no see!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.
Gordi, a great picture and good looking couple.
We didn't have an ocean to pose in front of,
although we did have a sink with running water.
It wasn't quite the picturesque background we wanted.

Have a good a day everyone.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Errollorre

It wasn't quite the picturesque background we wanted.

It's beautiful nonetheless. It's not the background that's important, it's you guys and your kindness for each other.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

a reply to: ccbears

Hi guys! How are you guys doing?

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Hello Jess!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Awe thank you swanne for the food!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Night you cracked me up with the comment on getting your groceries by sled, I can just picture it now! LOL Those strawberries sound marvelous! You mentioned shortbread cookies but butter cookies are my weakness. Our dollar store carries a cheap brand that you can get for $1 and I can eat the whole thing in one setting!!!

a reply to: PrairieShepherd
Shep So glad to hear your VD dinner was well received! And now you have wine for another night also!

a reply to: crappiekat
Yummy! The dark chocolate pecan delights look amazing! That would be awesome to have a fresh popcorn shop nearby, oh I bet it does smell heavenly!

a reply to: chiefsmom
Hey mom! Hope all is going well with you!!! How early do the babies start hatching?

Salted caramel anything is awesome!!!! Somehow I will figure out how to get this bottle of whiskey to you!

a reply to: Errollorre
Tom You and Gail look just amazing!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!!!
Gordi – You and Chrissie look awesome also!
OK, now I gotta throw mine out there!

a reply to: WalkInSilence
[[[HUGS]]] So sorry RL is messing with you sweetie!

a reply to: gimmefootball400
Hey Cooch! Did you get to play in the snow yesterday? It was awfu on my way into work but it melted fast.

Hey Swanne! How are ya? Enjoying your slower passed days? I was wondering what you have been up to. Our weather has been swinging from the teens to the high 60s! LOL

a reply to: jacygirl
Hey Jacy! Watch the bushes! They have been threatening to clean them out, LOL Did you say you needed donuts?

a reply to: Jdennis10
Hey JD, how are you? Still cooking like crazy?

Well my good morning has turned into a book so I am going to quietly drop this off and back away

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Hi Jess! *waves*
Yup, might have to open that wine tomorrow night, actually.

Hope school is going well. I remember walking away from my college commencement thinking to myself, well thank God THAT disaster is over!.

So kudos to you!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Yeah I guess I am just glutton for punishment. I went back in 2013 and got 2 AAS degrees. When I finished I swore I would never do that again...and here I am. LOL
When work hands you an opportunity it's kinda hard to say no.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I suppose if I had a motivation to do so I might consider it. But really, I'm a self-taught programmer and at this point I don't think there's much I'll get from going back for a Comp Sci degree. I learn what I need from documentation of the systems and tools I use. The other thing is that I think if I were to make a major career change, it would be to writing. I worry that going back to school for writing would actually hinder more than help; I'm the type that when I actually have legitimate training on something, I get all worked up and worrisome over the "right" way to do something. LOL

Again - kudos to you for going back. Good to see you in the Shed a bit more the last few days!

edit on 2-16-2017 by PrairieShepherd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Shep - Thanks so much for the support. I think I have managed to piss off my IT security teacher. I'm pretty sure she is one of the ones that can't do so she teaches. So far she has told me I don't understand building servers (she doesn't think I can get a WSUS server built in 4 weeks!) when this is what I do for a living. When I told her that I do this daily and can build more than 1 per day she said that I don't use best practice! LOL So I'm struggling because I made the mistake of pointing out she doesn't know her sh*t. Her idea of teaching is giving us 700+ pages of pdf's a week and other people's class youtube videos. I am not a fan, can ya tell?

I can see where a formalized writing education could get in the way of your writing. Plus you do such an amazing job I would hate to see your style "changed". I think it would make an excellent second career for you!!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Thanks Jess.
That's a beautiful and funny at the same time (because of the beer) picture of you two.

Tip of the day gents.
Getting married on the 16th of February means every year on that date flowers and candy (From Valentines day) is at least 50 to 75% cheaper.

I didn't plan it that way. Honest. lol

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Stick to your guns, Jess. IT instructors do not know everything. That having been said, there is always something to learn. Of course, I don't know the situation, but I always like to find out the whys behind "best practices", because usually they are someone's opinion and a trade-off has been made. Sometimes, there is justification for a given practice that makes sense in the context of the larger approach. You have to dig for it though, which tends to, well, suck, frankly.

There is also - especially in IT - a large difference between a classroom setting and reality in an actual IT shop. Take what you can from it and let the rest slide off your back.

My $0.02 cents. I'm no expert in hardware, particularly servers, despite having built my own computers for years. Servers are a different ball game. It changes too fast, I can't keep up!

You're always so sweet about my writing. Thank you! I'm trying, but it's hard to squeeze in writing here and there. I'll have more time in the summer.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

*slow clap*

Well played, Tom, well played.

new topics

top topics

<< 182  183  184    186  187  188 >>

join