It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 13

page: 181
<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Bahahaha, love the gift for your Hubby! Sorry he is sick today of all days though!
edit on 14-2-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

That's a bummer, Jess, but the unders are hilarious!

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ccbears
Oh Cindi, I know that you are not doing this for attention. Losing anyone close to us is hard, losing someone that means so much to us is heartbreakingly hard.
I’m so sorry about your friend’s sister. That must be so hard unplugging and waiting on her to go. I can’t imagine how hard that would be, although we know sometimes it is for the best. [[[HUGS]]]
I hate to hear that your uncle’s cancer has spread. You know how heartbroken I was over Jack so I totally understand how close you can be to your uncle. Just try to help and make things easier for him. During treatment it was the little things that meant so much to him. Someone making sure that Sandi was getting taken care of, a pair of soft socks for his feet (cemo really messed with the nerves on his feed), he feel in love with crossword puzzles during his downtimes.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

edit on 14-2-2017 by ccbears because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ccbears

A nurse pulled the plug on the machines for Your Dad hun. But Your OLDER Brother and Sister were complete ass's for making You, Us, make that decision whether or not to pull the plug. They Knew that decision would be re-lived by You/Us for the rest of Your/Our life and it was very cowardly, and cold blooded for them to do that to You, Us...

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
ENOUGH!

ANY MORE SWIPES AND PERSONAL ATTACKS WILL BE REMOVED.
This is the last time staff will ask you NEVER post your personal issues with other members in this thread.

DO NOT reply to this message.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
OK guys Nurse Marty is going home to take care of my sick hubby. I hope everyone else has a wonderful Valentine's Day.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Just to emphasize what spacedoubt said above...

He is helping to moderate this thread. I am not moderating in this thread because I've posted here as a member, and what I'm saying now is also as a member.

Everybody, if we want The Shed to continue and be a quiet place to come to and just share and be friends, add your stories and so on, we need to keep the peace. spacedoubt and other staff will do their best to ensure that, but ultimately it's up to us who post here to maintain respect for each other.

Today is Valentine's Day. I hope we can continue posting here today and every day in the spirit of what that represents.

Mike

edit on 14/2/17 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Hi all.
I had to leave in a hurry because the toilet overflow saga got worse, lol.
(NOW I can laugh about it!)

Errollorre...just wanted to say that the song was beautiful...of course! and yes it's just lovely...the words and your voice. Do you sing to Gail? When I was younger I wanted to marry Jim Cuddy from Blue Rodeo, so he could sing to me every day, lol. (Ok, when I say 'younger' I was in my 40's but technically, I was younger don't judge me!)

Feeling rather un-Valentiney today and after going to feed mama-in-law and setting her channel so she could watch "Jerry Springer"....I told her I would put it on at home and 'watch it with her'. She's 90 and laughs at it...I don't watch it unless I'm with her...honest.
Well today it's the "Vicious Valentine" episode apparently, and at least it's making me forget about my early-morning-toilet-trauma. Girl rips girl's hairpiece off...bodyguard intervenes...now dude is on stage, singing love song to dude that girls were fighting over...good grief!!

**SNIP**

I hope everyone is having a good VD. *snickers* (it doesn't get old)
jacy

edit on 14-2-2017 by spacedoubt because: removed staff action comment

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
sigh
to quote Scarlett O'hara "Tomorrow is another day."

edit on 14-2-2017 by Errollorre because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
THAT I COULD POST THIS...IT HIT ME HARD THEN I THOUGHT IT WOULD..

Valentine Treasures

Valentine treasures are people who
have often crossed your mind,
family, friends and others, too,
who in your life have shined

the warmth of love or a spark of light
that makes you remember them;
no matter how long since you've actually met,
each one is a luminous gem,

who gleams and glows in your memory,
bringing special pleasures,
and that's why this Valentine comes to you:
You're one of those sparkling treasures!

- Joanna Fuchs -

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

edit on 14-2-2017 by ccbears because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

Happy Shedsmile Day!!

That is an international day of celebration, isn't it?

...woke up to a plugged toilet and am having to downsize my coffee consumption for now.

Is this how you make coffee in the great north? Doesn't that complicate the usual "morning" ritual?
It's not that I am prejudice towards cultural differences but this seems so complicated, how do you heat the water? And pardon me but are Canadians constipated? I was of the assumption that that was a North American trait.
I have waited all day to comment on this.
I will stop now.
edit on 14-2-2017 by WalkInSilence because: Blaa

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Hey, it is still "Happy Chocolate Day" isn't it?

Well this is my sentiment of this day.
Every day should be a day to celebrate when we have the good fortune to be among people we love and care for. In real or virtual reality.
Or even just the brief encounter that warms our heart. The smile the odd little Hello a compliment to a stranger.

Hugs Shedigans, Sheddites, Shedoligans.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hey all!

I've been away for a while, if it hasn't been noticed yet. Just reporting in to say I'm still alive and well.

In the few weeks that I've been away, here's what has happened on my end:

-I got a nasty flu again. This time, I slept with the phone right next to the bed, just in case the fever got out of control. It wasn't as bad as the near-death one I had a couple years ago, but it came pretty close. I'm still coughing a bit a few weeks later.

-I went out to a haunted mansion about a couple hours from where I live. Within the first 30 minutes, I already had stuff happening to me. Almost as soon as they sat us in a room, I caught a glimpse of what looked like someone in the hallway (as if they were peeking in the doorway). It looked like they took a step forward, and then vanished.

-Now, I can say for the first time in years, I've celebrated Valentine's Day instead of S.A.D. I met an angel that just happens to like almost all of my interests, including going on ghost hunts and investigations. We've been together a little while now, but she's the girl I wish I knew earlier.

How's everyone else doing?
-foss

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Foss!!!!!! Been thinking about you, especially when I posted some violin music some pages back. How wonderful for you to still be seeing that girl who shares your interests. I remember you speaking about her before. You know how much I love hearing about the paranormal stuff!!!!! So nice to see you again!

Jacy and Wis, you girls crack me up! Ahahaha!

A hello to anyone I missed! I am multi tasking and have been away most of the day. Got a cool mermaid for my bathroom. It's just awesome! Made up a Valentine treat bag for Hubby and there are chocolate covered strawberries in the fridge. Damn, those things aren't cheap!

JustMike, missed you soooo much! I think of you and Dada a lot and always wish you well.

Skid, I left a link in here and in a PM for you about your Anniversary thread. You are the guest of honor and missing at your own party. Sheesh, what will people think?

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: fossilera

I've been away for a while, if it hasn't been noticed yet. Just reporting in to say I'm still alive and well.

Ouch that stung, we don't pay enough attention to things that matter, do we? (Replace all the "we's with I )
I will think of some one and dismiss it, I don't make time to hunt them down. I am plain lazy. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

-I got a nasty flu again. This time, I slept with the phone right next to the bed, just in case the fever got out of control. It wasn't as bad as the near-death one I had a couple years ago, but it came pretty close. I'm still coughing a bit a few weeks later.

I had one of those several years ago, it lasted for days I thought I was going to die. And I didn't care I just wanted to be rid of all those terrible sensations. I was completely alone, warping in and out of my body. Thank you for surviving.

-I went out to a haunted mansion about a couple hours from where I live. Within the first 30 minutes, I already had stuff happening to me.

You must be hyper sensitive. I have learned to switch it "off" or at least hide it from the "normal" people around me, can you do that?

-Now, I can say for the first time in years, I've celebrated Valentine's Day....I met an angel .... she's the girl I wish I knew earlier.

Good for you, perhaps this was the person life intended for you.
Although it is kind of like waiting at a bus stop wondering if you have the right schedule, while one bus after the other passes by with out opening the door.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

It's been a while Night - I stayed away for a while seeing as the weather was so nice. This girl is a different one though! We actually weren't sure where the first date was going to go, but as the night went on, we couldn't find anything wrong with each other.

a reply to: WalkInSilence

Didn't mean for it to hurt too much, so sorry for that. I'm the sort of person that just does an "Irish goodbye" (quietly exits without alerting anyone). Sometimes, I slip through the cracks. This girl came out of left field just a few short weeks ago, and ever since, well, it's been nothing short of heaven. She's probably the first person ever in the non-online world that I don't have to hide something around.

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
You sound so happy.....I can feel "amore" taking over.
a reply to: fossilera
.....but are you hypersensitive to, let's say "energy". I am, to a point of absolute frustration.
When I was younger I couldn't control it, but now I am not devoured by it but still disturbed.
Share?

top topics

<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join