It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 13

page: 157
<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

The other thing about the above-freezing temps is that when it rains, it wipes out the snow that's already on the ground really fast; what's left turns to ice.

Of course, the lil' shepherditos actually enjoy sledding down a hill covered in ice. Until they hit the walnut tree or the potting shed where the possum lives, they don't like that so much...

RE: .sig
No, I don't actually. I did have to sing some German in college for voice lessons in college, which I really only took because of a girl, of course. She helped tutor me while I was taking them; after singing "Bist du bei Mir" for a tutoring session with her, she rather affectionately told me my "German sucks, but let's not worry about that now." What's funny is I have a lot of German in me but apparently skill at pronunciation is not genetic...?

I used a web-based translator for the lines in the STT2017 story where it made sense to have Mozart speaking in German. I speak Minnesotan. Yah, you betcha. Up here, ya know, vee say "oof da" and "up nort' at da cabin, ya know?"

a reply to: jacygirl
Shep slow-claps
Clearly the cat's not the only mischievous one.

There's a place near my work that sells eclairs with maple frosting and a slice of bacon on top. How awesome is that?

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

thanks so much...that put a few tears in my eyes..again thanks hun...

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Hehe and I speak Canadian french, which btw is totally different from France french. France french is like British english, and Quebec french is like texan english. In Quebec, our pronunciation of french words is so bad, we call it joual speech ("horse" speech).

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Excuse me? An éclair with maple frosting and bacon on top?
That covers all my favourite food groups. And it sounds very Canadian too, eh?

That was pretty cruel to tell me. I have zero donuts here and we're having a snow squall.
"Hello darkness my old friend..."

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ccbears

You are welcome CC!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Sorry folks, I slept until 3 in the afternoon and have been catching up with other things. I have to eat something and do a few other things and will get back in here to catch up. Love you all!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Funny. When I was in the UK (the only time) we had dinner with a couple in a tiny village one night. Mike, the husband, said the difference between British English and American English is that the Brits always "talk in their mouth" and the Americans talk from their throat. I'm still pondering that...

Personally I always go for the red velvet cake donuts with the cream-cheese frosting when they bring them into work.
Yeah, my company brings in donuts occasionally.

[told you jacy, chip of ice in my heart, clearly!]

Hi Syx & CC!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

If you're going to eat, I suggest this:

Looks edible to me.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Hello Shep! And everyone else!

It is cold here! Cold as a witches lef.... ummm, nvrmnd!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Clearly you were going to say "lefse", yes?
Most witches freeze their lefse. It keeps longer.

Yeah, that's it...

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

It's fine, I already admit defeat.
I just told Augustus I was coming over to the dark side now in another thread.
(because they have donuts)

At least I think he said 'donuts'...could have been 'duct tape'...
Hmmm...

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I was watching the sparring in that thread - I still had it pinned in myAts for the contest scoring.

Most entertaining.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Ummm, yah yah. That's the ticket!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Ahh...hahahaha....
We have now drifted that thread so far it's lost at sea.

You and swanne discussing French Canadian talk (vs France French)...has me off in youtube land searching for a commercial that I love. If I find it, I'll post it.
I took French for a few years in school here (we have to, lol) and my accent is atrocious.

*looks up and sees a post from Night Star*....*waves*
Psst! Mom's home! She's going to be upset when she sees the mess in here.
*kicks crumbs under carpet*

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
French may as well be Zeta Reticulan as far as I'm concerned. My aforementioned vocal tutor sung a song in French once. I looked at the music, listened to what she was saying, and asked her where the real words were. Cause what was on the page wasn't even remotely close to what was coming out of that girl's mouth.

*whistles*
[No worries. PrairieShepherd's goats will clean up the crumbs.
Might want to make some room, they're kind of...er...bulky...]

edit on 2-9-2017 by PrairieShepherd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Goats? I wondered what that smell was.

Well kids, I've had a lovely day lounging around la Shed...but my tummy is grumbling so I'm off to forage for food. I will leave you with this video, it's the commercial I was looking for.
I don't know why I love it, but I do. Maybe it's simply because the bald guy's accent is as bad as mine.

Anyways, have a good night everybody!
Bonne nuit, lol.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Great read as I was going back through the pages. LOL

My Mom spoke Canadian French. I had no idea there was a difference until I met folks who spoke 'real' French from France. Not that I knew much French to begin with.

Skid, at frist you looked soooo serious in that gaming vid. I saw one of the girls behind you. LOL

Sorry, I'm too lazy to go back and answer everyone individually. Who put the yummy waffle and ice cream up there? YUM!

Supposed to get at least 12 inches of snow. First I heard 8 to 10 then 12 to 18. All I know is there one hell of a blanket of white out there!!!!!! Swanne, you're fired! You were supposed to give it to our Australian friends.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Hey! I showered! And brushed my teeth!

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Supposed to get at least 12 inches of snow. First I heard 8 to 10 then 12 to 18. All I know is there one hell of a blanket of white out there!!!!!! Swanne, you're fired! You were supposed to give it to our Australian friends.

Huh? Another snowfall? Lol lemme see that on a weather map...

Googling satellite maps...

Ooh, pilot whales! So cute! Wait, focus Swanne.

Edit:

Oh, I see it. Hasn't affected us up north.

Hehe, I'm so focused on giving Shep his snow, I forgot to clear the sky for my favourite Elf! Bad Swanne.

edit on 9-2-2017 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Night Star!

swanne put up the ice-creamy waffle. I put up a maple-frosted, bacon-topped eclair, but then I got hungry and ate it so it's not here anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 154  155  156    158  159  160 >>

join