It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 13

page: 125
<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

This last fall I found some nice pieces at garage sales.

I am in the process of stripping them down. One is a small table, and the other piece is a shelf.

They don't have any paint on them. I am just working my way thru the poly and stain down to the bare wood.

It's almost like a hunt. To see what the wood looks like naked. LOL!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

LOL!!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Kat that sounds awesome. You should take before and after pics on projects like that and share them here!

Jimininy, LOL! You always make me laugh! Oh no, my cat was up on the table in front of my computer and I was petting him. Now there is cat fur all over the keyboard. I use a big makeup blush brush to clean it off.

OMG, I'm still wide awake!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Cats are crazy animals. Mine likes to steal whatever seat I use in the house then acts offended when I come back to it!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

LOL! Yup! Right now, mine is whining like crazy because I'm still up. Once I go to bed he calms down and falls right asleep. Well, usually. He is about 9 years old and has the energy level of a kitten.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Ia reply to: Night Star

Cat's rule ...

My cats are super tolerant !

If you get in their face ... they just grunt at you !

(No hiss no scratch! )

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Hey everybody!

We made it

Earlier we let everyone know we were headed out to my moms house which is way way way out in the woods far from civilization. She offered us $100 to fall two trees, de-limb, chop em up for firewood and haul it back to the house. We still have to do the same with two other trees that are already down, but that's for next weekend.

When we were done she cooked us pork chops, pesto spinach raviolis, and roasted Brussels sprouts.

Oh yeah! And a mixed berry pie we just remembered we brought home.

Now I am learning that if I don't hurry up and finish this post and get Mrs. Shred a piece of that pie heated up in a bowl,Not a plate with vanilla ice cream on top then I will be missing out on dessert even more delicious than razzle berry pie and ice cream.........

Anyway we are really tired, I wanted to show all of the cool pics we captured today here is one or two for now,
. First this BadA woodstove/cookstove I figured we should install somewhere in the shed

As you can see, mamashred is busy splitting wood for our new fireplace and there is more on the way.

Now we can cook whatever we want

You have to be tough like Mamashred tho, she burnt herself countless times, feeding her family off of one of those.

First she would endure -20 below zero or less splitting the wood small enough for cooking (we called it biscuit wood) then dang near melt standing over the flames making sure dinner turned out good.
edit on 29-1-2017 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
ETA
We tried for awhile to fix those pictures and make them display upright.

We should have been in bed hours ago so we gotta give up for now.

Sorry bout that

Goodnight all.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Good morning sunshines 🌞 or to shred and I, goodnight moons 🌛 Had a busy day and excited for you guys to see some neat pics! We wanted to add this beautiful wood stove to the shed. I can't wait to cook a feast on it for everyone!

This 1800 (yr) wood stove taught my sweet 3 yr boy and myself patience,and appreciation. I taught myself ( a girl from socal who has never seen snow before) how to cook on this beast, and fell in love with it !

Sometimes going out in -15 ,to split wood to come in and start a fire, maintain it till it's hot enough and finally cook some dang eggs could get draining! But the experience and countless memories we made as a family were priceless.

We don't have a wood stove for cooking or heat at the moment, but when we build our forever home in the future I will definitely have a wood stove to cook on and teach my little girl how to cook and love it 😊

edit on 29-1-2017 by MamaShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Good Mornin' everyone! A chilly day outside here today. (Is Spring almost here?!)

Night
Nice Story entry Night! I like!

Oh. Glad Ya liked that video!
I thought it others here would also like that one!

Jin
Hey Bro! Funny Image with the Cat on the Scratching Post!! LOL!!

We had tons of cats years ago. They are crafty little Devils at time!
Hey did Ya check out the vid I posted,
like about a dozen posts up from Yours?
Humerous, and well, just downright cool!!

edit on 29-1-2017 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Shred

Hey Mrs and Mr Shred! Looks like You guys had some fun! Awesome old cook stove! Very Cool!!

Oh, I found out a while back that when an image is posted and its not here the right way, just save the image from the page it's on here, use a photo prog to turn it the right way, (remember how it posted, and turn it the way it needs to be so it's right) then re-upload here and it should post correctly. I actually fixed them both using a free program called PhotoFiltre 7, (it's not misspelled) and the one with Mrs Shred uploaded here, but the other one was too large...? Any help You might need, don't hesitate to ask Me, or anyone here.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

At least it wasn't a brain shart.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

hello...yes me to...but i am glad i dont have any here..as it would just make me gain more weight...lol...

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

posted twice sorry
edit on 29-1-2017 by ccbears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
hello each and every one...i so hope you day is great..i am helping syx clean his room today..he is now napping..so once he is up we can finish up us room and then go buy his paint he wants for his puter room..i will take pictures when his room is empty...and then another one when the paint is on...so thats what my plains are today...but for some reason they always seem to change when we got it already planed out...so not sure..so we dont plain any thing to much any more we just go with the flo....lol...

i have been trying to get on my laptop for some times now..i havent used it in a long time...cause i couldnt find the cord for it..but now i found it and started it up and man they want a pass word..i have tried all the pass words i can think of and nope none of them...so does any one know how i can get in there with out having to lose my things in it..as i hav alot of my family tree histroy in this laptop...i dont want to lose any thing and alos i have alot of pictures..i just need some one to help me figure out how to get in it...i did a outlook email address when i start the laptop up when i first got it..about 2 years ago..and so i went there and got new pass word.thinking i would help me get in to my lap top but nope...man this is so driving me nuts...i would like to use my laptop when i stay with syx when he gets his back fixed once again...so if any one knows how to get in it please please let me know as i am going nuts..thanks
edit on 29-1-2017 by ccbears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Timely, How many cats do you have? Throughout the years I have had one to three at a time. We usually had two, but there was always that one that seemed to find us and need love and a good home.
We just have Kya now our Siamese.

Shred, love the pics, even though I had to turn my head like the girl in the Exorcist movie to see them. LOL! The food sounded delicious!!!

MamaShred, I LOVE that antique wood stove! My friend and I saw a similar one in an Antique shop a couple of weeks ago and thought it was so cool!

Syx, Thanks, glad you enjoyed my story entry! I figured I waited long enough to make an entry. Wolf and the wildcat will be returning to the shed with the others soon. I have to remember to include Taylon, Night's love interest as no one knows what happened to him and if he survived the war or not. Your turn!
I just loved the dragon vids you left for us!!!!

Hiya Skiddy! How is the new place, your Mom and work? I miss hanging out with you at night. There is hardly anyone around at night in here anymore. The lurker monster got ahold of them and won't let go.

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ccbears

Hi CC! What color will Syx's room be? You make me feel like I should be doing something, but went to bed soooo late and haven't been up very long, so I'll just sit here and have some coffee.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

i am not real sure..maybe i think a med blue and gray trim or the other way around..it might be a darker blue but more on the brigter side of the blues....hoping to get all this paint today..so we can get this place painted i might be happy here..i JUST SO SO HATE THE DARN STAIRS WE HAVE TO CLIMB TO GET IN THIS PLACE..I NEED A RANCH STYLE HOUSE..WITH NO STEPS OR ANY CLIMBING...LOL...for my room..i cant have red...as i have had a red room before and i was mean...so no red..
so i am not real sure what colors are closer to the red family...maybe more like a maroon..and would i need a brighter maroon..as i am so trying to stay away from dark colors i hate them..it just seems to me to bring me down for some reason..maybe would purple go with red..i say red cause alot of the pictures i am getting up are red..all coke pictures...but if syx wants that color its ok as long as i get to pick on the other rooms...plus i wont be seeing it all the time..i mean i will but its like its in the hall way...lol....man i think i am messing my self up for some reason..did this sound right to you..if it did then its good enough...so please let me know a few colors that are in the red family..and is purple one of them..

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ccbears

My bathroom has this nice robbins egg blue. I love it! It makes it bright and cheery. I also like seagreen though more a bluish than green, but it's Syx's room so I don't know if he wants bright or dark colors. There are cool shades of purples. In here we don't have a lot of windows so I prefer lighter colors, though two rooms have dark paneling.

As for stairs, you'd die if you saw how many Mark and I have to climb up and down. We live on the 3rd floor and there are even cement steps to get the landing before the porch steps then all the steps in the hallway. On grocery days I feel like I'm going to die! LOL Even our younger healthier friends can't stand climbing them. I know we would both be better off elsewhere, but this place is so perfect for us.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Everything is fine here. I'm just enjoying my weekend. How about you?

new topics

top topics

<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join