It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 13

page: 107
<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Mornin' folks!

TN - that gif is excellent!

Hm, maybe need to make a little birdhouse with a with a GoPro camera in it...we've got all sorts of feathered friends around our house. The little shepherditos think they saw an owl the other day.

Excellent idea!

Here is a link to Jada Fitch info...really cool IMO and a good illustrator as well,, she is.
twistedsifter.com...

I would love to see the film from the GoPro

The sun came out, briefly, today and the birds were chirping away as happy as I was for it.

Colder temps and possibility of snow for the weekend so I hope everyone can enjoy today (hopefully you are the recipient of some of these fantastic temps and sunshine) and of course, ((hugs)) to all of you!

And, it's a little early (here) but,

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Hey G Bro! Happy Burns Nicht!

EDIT: Oh Hey Man, Where's Your Story entry? Mine's in! Link in My above post, or under My banner...

edit on 25-1-2017 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

WOW Chirp, That Gal sure does some excellent Work!! Very Neat!!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
Around here you mostly hear the chickadees and crows. Occasionally you'll hear a killdeer, and we get mourning doves a lot too. I've got several sheds on the property, so it might be interesting to check them out for birds nests. Of course, what I might find instead are hornets nests. Not quite as pleasant as watching finches, nuthatches, or wrens.

We tried to identify the owl but the pic was from a phone and was pretty grainy - about the only thing we could tell was that it was white. Thinking it could have been a snowy owl, barn owl, or barred owl. Barred are more grayish-brown, and snowy owls live primarily much farther north than we are, so it's likely it was a barn owl which is interesting because they are quite rare where I live.

a reply to: SyxPak

What's up, Syx! I'll check your story out. Have to go through and read them all, actually. I've been lax this time around...

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Hi Chirp!!

I'd have to get the camera first. Thanks for that site though - that's a really interesting idea and one my wife & kids might find really cool. We have a "sun room" with windows on 3 sides - that's something I could easily pull off. I wouldn't do the decorating as well as Ms. Fitch (If I were her I'd go with a pseudonym of "Ms. Finch"!) but I could see some ways to do it that would be fascinating...

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Hey! Good to see Ya! As far as this from You, : " I've been lax this time around..." Umm, Yah I see that!! LOL!!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Yeah, I had an idea but I couldn't figure out which way to go. When I started fleshing it out, I wound up getting into all sorts of nasty historical and political territory that I just thought, "Hm. Yuck. Not sure I want to go there."

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I know that feeling. When I wrote 'The ascension" It came to me in a flash, and I wrote it out quick. But after a proof read, I wanted to add so much more, but then thought, nope, leave it. It would have expanded the size to about 3 or 4 posts. Not so much the "Short Story" type! To Me short story should be contained in one post. Either a full post, or less... My thoughts here anyway, for what they are worth...

Oh it was supposed to have satire and time travel in it. Mine has those, somewhat, so I hope it actually qualifies for the contest?

But if not, it was still fun! I don't expect to even place in the final, so there is that...

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Much as I love ya, Syx, I disagree on that.

I think a short story should be as long as it is. Now, I think on the boards I'd probably edit down to a max of 7-8 posts, but I know when I wrote Master of the Estate and The Cardinal both I was pretty brutal with the editor's hatchet. There was a lot more wanted to put into Master of the Estate in particular, to develop the clues about Herr von Graeff, and more fully develop Eleanor's growing suspicion. Oh well - maybe when I am a rich and famous author (HA!) I will publish "The ATS Short Stories: A Collection of Writings by PrairieShepherd"! Then I can add more to it.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

Oh it was supposed to have satire and time travel in it. Mine has those, somewhat, so I hope it actually qualifies for the contest?

But if not, it was still fun! I don't expect to even place in the final, so there is that...

That's why we do it, right? It was a pretty audacious and daunting topic. Hm. Do I have the guts to hammer out my idea in what...5 days? Isn't it until the 29th?

ETA: NOPE!!! Tomorrow!!! HA!
edit on 1-25-2017 by PrairieShepherd because: Yikes!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I have only read some of that Tale, I humbly admit, and will read it all, someday.

I meant one post for the contest, mainly... Know what I mean? I think there are a lot who might not want to commit that much time for multiple post entries? Just a thought... I like short. One post or less, for the entries and have tried My best to do so for them...(Crap! Now I have to go check to see that what I just told You is correct, and not just something I picked outta My fuzzy memory)!!LOL
LMAO!!!

" audacious and daunting topic" You got that right! I was at first intimidated by it, but just for a moment. Then it wasn't long and I had My Tale flash into My brain!

Is the dead-line really Tomorrow! Why not the end of the month as I thought that was the per usual?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Agreed - chewing through 7-8 posts for every entry in a contest would get very challenging. So, I would say I'm torn between letting the story be what it is, and conforming to a certain length to not turn off readers. This is a good point you make.

Yes, deadline really is tomorrow - 26th!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

"This is a good point you make. " Thanx! Sometimes I am on it, other times I am drifting aimlessly in the wherever...

You choice Bro, obviously, but if You can shrtn it up, and have it still be 'the same', it might be worth doing.(?)

Can I ask a favor, and have a read of it, in U2U? Then I might be able to help more on this all. Just another thought...
(Damn Syx, enough of the thinking today)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Chirp, I added her to my favorites and on facebook! I love birds!!!!!!!

Hiya Shep and Syx!

There is no way I can catch up on all the stories in the contest. I prefer one post short stories to longer ones too. I just don't have the attention span anymore to read through long entries, though I do on occasion. I'm usually multi tasking as it is with housework, facebook, youtube, the shed and the other threads etc.

Should be leaving soon.

Have a great day everyone!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

"This is a good point you make. " Thanx! Sometimes I am on it, other times I am drifting aimlessly in the wherever...

Me too, Syx, me too...

You choice Bro, obviously, but if You can shrtn it up, and have it still be 'the same', it might be worth doing.(?)

Can I ask a favor, and have a read of it, in U2U? Then I might be able to help more on this all. Just another thought...
(Damn Syx, enough of the thinking today)

Do you mean a condensed version of Master of the Estate?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Night! Wishing you a great day too!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Night! I hope Yo have a Great day today! I added Dragons, as per Your request at My thread!

Oh hey, as for the stories in the contest, there are not very many at all. (will look real quick) Like 6 or 7 maybe? Not real sure, but they are all fast reads, well most are...

NIght there are only 6 entries! Unless Shep gets His in!?

Quick copy paste of entries and links for You, or anyone else of course...

JDennis10
www.abovetopsecret.com...

TikBalang not linked right no wtiter status or non writer

Camain not propre link no writer or non writer status

AugustasMasonicas

FauxMulder

Mine

TikBalang and Camain did not specify whether or not they are writers or non writers so not sure if those will even stay as qualifying entries!? (I'm going to U2U them on that. Would hate for them to be dumped...)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Hey sorry was grabbin stories for Night. Full story if Ya want any help on shortening... Can email Me that if it it's huge. I will U2U my email addy in a min...
If You already have it shortened and like it, drop it into the contest! I see no reason why I would need to offer assistance to help in that case.

LINK HERE
for the contest Page...

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Howdy. I'll read it when I'm off work. Thanks.

How are you?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

No worries - you mean my story for the contest!
LOL - I haven't written it yet.

I may have some free time today. We'll see if I can bang it out by tomorrow.

top topics

<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join