It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Object I Saw In The Sky On Halloween

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Hi ATS, once again I've been very busy and so I've not been active for a good while. Now it's nearly Christmas I have more free time, so I thought I'd share with you my recent sighting of a strange object in the sky. I'll try to be as thorough as memory allows.

On Halloween, myself and my college friends were paid to dress up as zombies and scare people at a farm/shopping village (we're Performing Arts students and we're encouraged to go find work experience). Basically, they'd drive tractors with wagons full of people around this trail and we would come stumbling out from behind hay bales and old farming equipment and "attack" the wagons. I can't recall the exact time, but the sun was just setting and the stars were beginning to come out. My friends and I were setting up and getting ready for the first tractor to come. I was looking up at the sky and admiring the stars when an object, totally silent, raced across the sky at an incredible speed, coming from roughly North. At first glance I thought "it's just a shooting star", because I'd seen one literally minutes before. However, I soon noticed this object was a very visible dot and although it was moving extremely quickly, it was going slowly enough for me to just about track it across the sky; it didn't burn up in the atmosphere and did not leave a streak in the sky like meteoroids do; it went from one end of the horizon to the other in less than a second, far too fast to be a man-made satellite. By the time I'd got my friends' attention and pointed to it, it had gone.

The only logical conclusion I can come to is that it was a UFO. Now please note, this does not mean I believe it was an extraterrestrial craft (although that is, in my opinion, entirely within the realms of possibility). I am using the term "UFO" in its literal context - an Unidentified Flying Object.

The questions I want to ask, however, are these: have any of you seen anything similar to this? Are there any case files that mention anything like what I've described? Thank you for your time

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Tenebris

Yes, it definitely was a UFO, but a conventionalist will come in and say that since you didn't report any sound that it was merely a meteor above the atmosphere (which conveys sound). They will discount the fact that the object seemed to have a body. They may backtrack on the "above the atmosphere" explanation to explain that, well, it was enough in the atmosphere to display a terrific effect of atmosphere heating by friction.

Enjoy the complete mystery of what you witnessed whether pure nature itself or something with a driving hand at the helm.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tenebris

it was going slowly enough for me to just about track it across the sky; it didn't burn up in the atmosphere and did not leave a streak in the sky like meteoroids do; it went from one end of the horizon to the other in less than a second, far too fast to be a man-made satellite. By the time I'd got my friends' attention and pointed to it, it had gone.

The questions I want to ask, however, are these: have any of you seen anything similar to this? Are there any case files that mention anything like what I've described? Thank you for your time

The ISS travels at approx 17,150mph and is 250miles or less high in orbit. A horizon to horizon trip would take a considerable number of minutes for instance.
In short anything that travels your horizon to horizon in a second isn't of this world, or at least is unlikely, especially if there was no noise if it was something inside the atmosphere.
edit on 22-12-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Yes, I have seen this. Pretty freaky to witness

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Well it technically was a Unidentified Flying Object but as others had mention, who knows if it was natural or manned? May have been a shooting star or comet..I would like to believe in real Aliens. I thought I did witness one many years ago and actually submitted a picture but most if not all members noted that it was another plane. I have since been pulled farther and farther away from the idea that aliens are visiting us...unfortunately I am no longer a believer..
edit on 22-12-2016 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I have myself something I would call a UFO. There were 3 Orange balls in the sky like 1-2 weeks ago which were floating and moving slowly I wondered what they were. I live in Quebec so I do not know if this is natural occurrence but still was amazed to see this. I am really wondering what those orbs could really be to be honest.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
What you might have saw was the spirit of baby jesus trying to challenge the great pumpkin king for all the little children's souls cause he that much of an attention whore.

Remember if it ain't orange, it ain't Jack!
edit on 24-12-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

top topics

join