It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama Shuts Down Possibility of Trump’s Muslim Registry

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

You gave an honest assessment. For a lot of people on here, they will make a mountain out of a molehill no matter what he does. That is true.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

FBI stats. Here is an easy link to find it all.

www.usnews.com...

Black people have consistently accounted for close to half the country's homicide victims, making up more than 50 percent of the broader pool of those killed overall every year since 2010. The number of black victims increased 15 percent in 2015 over 2014. Of the 13,455 cases from last year in which the FBI listed a victim's racial information, 7,039 victims – or 52.3 percent – were black. That compares with 5,854 cases – or 43.5 percent – in which the victim was white, an increase of about 8 percent from last year.

Not black males. Black people as a whole.
edit on 12pm31pmf0000002016-12-22T16:20:17-06:000417 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: reldra

It's funny. A certain group of people on this site have complained anytime the government spends money on something they deem unnecessary. And now that the government is cutting an ineffective program that hasn't been active for five years, thus saving money, they complain.

Um, explain how in inactive program is spending money.

Lol, it's the government!

Who would be surprised if there was a budget and staff showing up for paychecks every week?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Those are victim stats. Shouldn't your stats be for those committing the homicides?

Either way, I believe the stats will show blacks committing more homicides compared to whites. However, white victims are killed mostly by other white people. Black victims mostly by other black people.
edit on 22-12-2016 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

And how many people on American soil have been killed by Islamic terrorists? A lot less than guns and cars I'm sure.

Cars and guns aren't out to kill you.

Unlike a muslim terrorist.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Unused since 2011 ? Boston bombers were in FBI surveillance and monitored

"They were telling me that Tamerlan was really an extremist leader and they were afraid of him. They told me whatever information he is getting, he gets from these extremists' sites." She added that the police were monitoring her son "at every step".

link
And it wasn´t enough...
edit on 22-12-2016 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This looks odd. Operation Paper Clip for Islam

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ware2010

Same as DeBlasio and Emanuel, shred everything and Trump will be forced to spend money and effort finding people that were already known.

When people on the lists commit crimes say "what lists?" if that doesn't work blame the Republicans for not providing enough security for the country.

*expect the intel agencies to do something similar, all the "suspects had been on the radar" will become "suspects records have been lost/destroyed".*

edit on 22-12-2016 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Going by your logic, we need a male registry too since males commit the vast majority of violent crimes in the US. And we need a gun owner registry too, since gun owners commit virtually all shootings, mass shootings, etc. And we need a Christian registry too since the vast majority of Americans are Christians, meaning the vast majority of negative actions like crimes, fights, etc are occurring between Christians.

I'm convinced more and more that the right wing's "small govt" talk is a lie. Right wingers love the govt and absolutely love using political power to control & profile others. All of the small govt, "govt needs to stay out of people's lives" talk is a mask. But once they get power, the mask falls off and they show their true selves. But I guess if they call it the "Trump's Patriot Act", it'll be ok?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
There are times, not very often mind you, that I feel sorry for Obama...

This is one of those rare occasions. He's damned if he does, or if he doesn't... Dismantle what is, by some accounts, a rather useless piece of bureaucracy run amok, and you're pandering to your political party--or words to that effect. Don't dismantle, and you're somehow playing into the hands of racists and bigots...

Yep, there are times I feel for the guy.

Right, because that Dept. was just so important and well known before he decided to tear it down.

Did he wake up yesterday and say to himself, "Oh crap! I almost forgot to dismantle that program!"

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I've given up trying to figure out how govt. works... Because just when I think I've got it figured out...poof...I was wrong.

I don't know enough about the dept. to make a sound judgement, but I am familiar with how reaction to any action by the President--which ever President--will go. Either he's the devil incarnate, or he's a saint. Usually based upon party ideology.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I think a register of muslims isn't about terrorism at all. What if it is simply the case that we don't want to be islamified in the west?
I personally don't want more muslims unless they integrate completely. Meaning everyone has to learn english, women should know their rights [a lot of them never see further than where they live and are surrounded entirely by other muslims, how are they ever to know about the country they are in?]

Islam isn't like any other religion, it wants to spread and it won't be through terrorism. Oh no, it will be by democratic, legal, official ways.
Already muslim students demand their prayer rooms in all universities, they want mosques and special times off from work. They also prefer their own sharia courts when it comes to marital issues.
We have a muslim mayor in London. Slowly, bit by bit islam WILL worm it's way in and grow [it's not their first rodeo]. It is it's whole purpose of existence.

To spread.

I wouldn't as of yet register any other groups because we had all those problems before islam came along. But we were slowly coping. Murders and rapists were prosecuted, we got cleverer. Then islam comes and puts a whole new level on our problems.

And no, I do NOT mean terrorists at all. It is true that there are other, bigger dangers out there. I mean the silent multiplication of muslim values and customs. The more there are, the more they want their ways. And they will get them.

To deny this is really dangerous. Maybe most people just don't want islam around, it's that simple.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Attention Please.

The topic is "President Obama Shuts Down Possibility of Trump’s Muslim Registry".

Please remember this is not the Mud Pit and the topic is not each other.

Thanks and do not reply to this message.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
There is absolutely NOTHING Obama can do that Trump cannot undo with one signature.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The Trump administration can certainly effect the immigration and naturalization services policies,a government agency last I heard.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

That goes for any death be it by car, gun, terrorism, etc., so why are you singling Muslims out? Far less people have been killed by Islamic terrorism than guns yet you think Muslims are a bigger threat?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Let me get this straight.. So, everyone was loosing it over Trump making a registry for Muslims and the government already had one that Obama could have shut down any time in the 8 years he was in office? Is that right?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You beat me to it. I did a find but you know.. It takes time to show up.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

Yeah, I believe that would be accurate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join