It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama Shuts Down Possibility of Trump’s Muslim Registry

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

No. Calling a Muslim who is a terrorist a Muslim terrorist is a descriptive.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

More people have been killed by white males in the US. Should we also have a registry of everyone immigrating from Europe?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
President Obama Shuts Down Possibility of Trump’s Muslim Registry

Change muslim to GUN, and they would be ALL FOR IT.

I guess people forgot about 'no fly no buy', and the latest crap from california with ammo purchases.

Freggin hypocrites.

Mainly people owning guns have to register them. And cars. What exactly are you saying?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If Trump wants a program like this, he could create it with an executive order, most likely. And while figuring it out, he has the enumerated power as president to stop the inflow of immigrants and refugees as he sees fit for any reason.

This does nothing but just reiterate how the lame-duck president and his party is doing whatever they can to throw wrenches into the cogs of Trump's presidency.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

What about universal background checks for guns and getting rid of the gun show loophole? I have 11,000+ reasons (per year) to do that.
edit on 12/22/2016 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

This does nothing but just reiterate how the lame-duck president and his party is doing whatever they can to throw wrenches into the cogs of Trump's presidency.

Actually attempting to cause less damage from Trump.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

I read your title and then I read your short OP. Looks like you're calling Muslims terrorists.

I understand your knee-jerky reactions to trigger topics.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
a reply to: neo96

And the same argument could be made if flipped the other way too. Funny how that works.

No it can't because Obama and company pushed no fly no buy no gun.

The terrorist watch list that SPECIFICALLY targets muslims, and for ALL intents and purposes is a registration.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

More people have been killed by white males in the US. Should we also have a registry of everyone immigrating from Europe?

Muslim is a religion.

White isn't.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Swills

I read your title and then I read your short OP. Looks like you're calling Muslims terrorists.

I understand your knee-jerky reactions to trigger topics.

Almost ALL of your threads are knee jerky responses to small parts of right wing blogs. It takes little to trigger an ENTIRE thread from you.

link   

So what about guns? Would you be ok with getting rid of the gun show loophole and integrating universal background checks for every gun purchase? If not, why?

+1 more 
link   

If Trump wants a program like this, he could create it with an executive order, most likely. And while figuring it out, he has the enumerated power as president to stop the inflow of immigrants and refugees as he sees fit for any reason.

I tend to agree Obama is sour graping.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

How is a program that hasn't been active--therefore, needing no budget to be administered because it's not being administered--going to save money?

That's like saying I haven't turned on the electricity in a shed for 5 years, but I'm going to tear down the shed now to save on my electric bill.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

So how is Wall Street regulation.

Making the rich pay their fair share.

Making people ask the states permission to practice their RIGHT. IE gun control.

And regulation to save the planet because apparently it's out to get us.

NOT RIGHT WING ?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I tend to agree Obama is sour graping.

He is doing his JOB. Which includes actions like this. Obama IS the President. Every time he makes a move you will say is sour grapes against Trump. That is a logical fallacy.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Sure. I think we should have a better registry of ALL immigrants. And actually, more black males kill more people in the US regarding murder.

In 2014, most (77.3 percent) of the 11,961 murder victims for whom supplemental data were received were male. (Based on Expanded Homicide Data Table 1) Of the murder victims for whom race was known, 51.6 percent were black, 45.7 percent were white, and 2.6 percent were of other races. Race was unknown for 160 victims. (Based on Expanded Homicide Data Table 2) Nearly 48 percent (47.7) of all murders for which the UCR Program received supplemental data were single victim/single offender situations. (See Expanded Homicide Data Table 4) Of the offenders for whom gender was known, 88.2 percent were male. (Based on Expanded Homicide Data Table 3) When the race of the offender was known, 53.0 percent were black, 44.7 percent were white, and 2.3 percent were of other races. The race was unknown for 4,132 offenders. (Based on Expanded Homicide Data Table 3)

Do you want to lock up black people?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Scraping the seriously useless right wing blogs.

NSEERS was called “ineffective and discriminatory” by the ACLU and accurately so. The program didn’t yield any convictions for terrorism,

And dismantling this is a problem, why?

Probably it was a good tool used by the wrong hands.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
So, shouldn't we be keeping track of all the people who are not yet citizens in this country? They do not get their rights till they become citizens. There are international rights, but those rights do not cover a lot of the things that we seem to be giving to people who come here. No other country allows new immigrants to come in unchecked.

I think every immigrant should be checked to make sure they are not terrorists. What is going on right now is not normal, we did not have so many terrorists coming into this country years ago. If a group is of more concern than another group, some extra precautions should be taken with that group no matter what color they are. If White supremacists try to come here, we should be able to use their affiliation with that group to say no. That is no different than saying muslims that have been in contact with radical Islam should be watched and be denied from coming here. There are other countries they can go to, they do not have only one choice.

If you have ten stores in a town that give credit to their customers, it doesn't mean they have to give credit to someone who has a poor credit history. What is the difference between denying credit to someone who has bad credit in a store and denying access to someone who has been affiliated with terrorist groups. We should be able to generate a very good database of people who associate with radical islam. This would be actually something good for the Islam people who live here with us, they would not be worried as much about being targeted by citizens or avoided by citizens here who are leery that they may be radical. Right now the president is actually instigating problems against Muslims. We need to deny access to the small percentage of radical Islamists that cause tension between the Muslims and regular citizens here and we also need to have our police do something if contacted by family and coworkers of these radicalized people.

If you have a kid that is talking about shooting others, you should be able to go to a local police and tell them and they should pay attention and go talk to the kid at minimum and assist in getting the kid help. Right now, the police can't do anything until the kid actually does something. That is a real problem. We should have a flexible system to deal with stuff like this, not wait till the person breaks the law. The police are not our enemies, but many people think they are because they restrict them from doing things society says is not appropriate. When I was young, the cops contacted parents of kids or relatives of people if someone mentioned something. This often stopped the person from committing a crime. Now they charge the person after the fact and our courts and prisons are filled. We need to re-examine our direction here, things are getting out of control.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

Every sale of a firearm done through legitimate business must go through a federal background check.

The "gun-show loophole" is less of a problem than what liberals attribute voter/election fraud to be.

Also, immigration is not a right guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States of America.

Apples to Apples, please.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

So what about guns? Would you be ok with getting rid of the gun show loophole and integrating universal background checks for every gun purchase? If not, why?

Name a mass shooter than used it ?

Better YET.

Explain how that doesn't violate the second through the 10th, and 14th amendments.

I wait with anticipation.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join