It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama Shuts Down Possibility of Trump’s Muslim Registry

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Looks like Obama is attempting to send a clear and firm message to Trump about screening terrorists.

A system already in place after the 2001 attacks hasn't been used since 2011 is apparently going to be somehow dismantled.

The system named "the National Security Entry-Exit Registration System" is the subject.

Wonder why they stopped this in 2011?

As part of one of his final efforts in the White House, President Obama is shutting down one way that Donald Trump could make his Muslim registry a reality.

The Obama Administration is going to dismantle the National Security Entry-Exit Registration System — a program that, while unused since 2011, could have been used as the basis for Mr. Trump’s Muslim registry. While the program was largely a failure, it subjected immigrants from specified countries to monitoring — something that may be appealing to the Presidnet-elect.

According to the New York Times, the Obama Administration will be taking apart NSEERS in a “largely symbolic” move, considering that it hasn’t been used in nearly 5 years.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Obama doesn't want to lose a rich source of votes for democrats which can be the only logical reason why something like this would be shutdown. The proof for this is everywhere Obama has affected similar things in regards to shielding sources of votes, and even encouraging illegal aliens to vote without fear of reprisal.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

According to the New York Times...

Great source.

That's what you'd say, right?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Scraping the seriously useless right wing blogs.

NSEERS was called “ineffective and discriminatory” by the ACLU and accurately so. The program didn’t yield any convictions for terrorism,

And dismantling this is a problem, why?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Obama doesn't want to lose a rich source of votes for democrats which can be the only logical reason why something like this would be shutdown. The proof for this is everywhere Obama has affected similar things in regards to shielding sources of votes, and even encouraging illegal aliens to vote without fear of reprisal.

Ohh... so dismantling a thing that really didn't work that got dismantled was so illegal Muslims could vote for Democrats. GOTCHA.

LOLOLOL

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Is it that you want a registry of Muslims? I am not following.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Scraping the seriously useless right wing blogs.

NSEERS was called “ineffective and discriminatory” by the ACLU and accurately so. The program didn’t yield any convictions for terrorism,

Some people might think convictions may have come true since 2011.

Or at least some pro-active prevention.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Is it that you want a registry of Muslims? I am not following.

I have no conclusions yet.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

It's funny. A certain group of people on this site have complained anytime the government spends money on something they deem unnecessary. And now that the government is cutting an ineffective program that hasn't been active for five years, thus saving money, they complain.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Are you saying all Muslims are terrorists?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Yes, I don't expect any less, at this point.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

LOL

No.

What in the name of God makes you think that?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Because Obama's name is attached to it. Obama is in a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' kind of situation with a lot of people.

I remember a thread a few months back talking about Obama wanting to destroy America with something he said then a few days later a thread talking about how Trump would make a good deal bankrupting America (destroy it) and the same people who were criticizing Obama in the first thread were praising Trump for the exact same thing in the second thread.

Cognitive dissonance is a term that describes it pretty well I think, it has no party lines and is alive and will on both sides in my opinion.
edit on 12/22/2016 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

LOL

No.

What in the name of God makes you think that?

Umm...half of the things you post, including this thread.

link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

Because Obama's name is attached to it. Obama is in a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' kind of situation with a lot of people.

I remember a thread a few months back talking about Obama wanting to destroy America then a few days later a thread talking about how Trump would make a good deal bankrupting America (destroy it) and the same people who were criticizing Obama in the first thread were praising Trump for the exact same thing in the second thread.

Cognitive dissonance is a term that describes it pretty good.

Yep. I see it every day here.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Change muslim to GUN, and they would be ALL FOR IT.

I guess people forgot about 'no fly no buy', and the latest crap from california with ammo purchases.

Freggin hypocrites.

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

All gun owners are mass shooters.

Hence gun control.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I read your title and then I read your short OP. Looks like you're calling Muslims terrorists.

+25 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Yes. I want a registry of Muslims who enter this country. I have over 3000 reasons why. Tired of this garbage. If you do not want to come here stay in the #hole you are in now.

I do not hate Muslims. This is not about hate. It is about trying to stop an issue in our country.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

And the same argument could be made if flipped the other way too. Funny how that works.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join