It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feels great to join

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Whats up everyone. Been a lurker since at least 2009 and never really cared to participate in forums. Today I thought what the hell and decided to make an account. This is a great community, it is very diverse and full of very intelligent people who pass along a plethora of information. Ive always came back to ATS because a lot of the people here actually think rationally. I love how folks will work together on threads or news information to bring to light some things that are little known. I also like how arguments are mostly backed with fantastic information.

Now I love me a good conspiracy theory, it doesn't have to be anything specific just interesting. It really helps you develop critical thinking among other things that I am too hungover to think of. Egg nog and rum
I love space, computers, nature, guns, anything with a motor. Women and trees as well. I like to watch combat footage, I have no idea why, I guess war fascinates me. I love to learn about wars, especially WW2 (cliche I know). Ancient Rome and Japan are of great interest to me too. Growing up, my parents listened to Art Bell a lot, so I think that kind of had an influence on me when it comes to conspiracy. I generally like philosophy but sometimes I find it a little too crazy for my tastes. I believe 9/11 was an inside job. I believe in Aliens, I have seen 4, possibly 5, UFO's in my lifetime. Anything to do with space is just mind blowing to me. I generally stay out of politics but sometimes I cant help my self. Which brings me to something.

I've noticed ATS has been filled with political threads. I find them very useful, and understand why they are hot right now. I hope to help contribute more to the conspiracy side of ATS rather than the political. I find it kind of depressing and think people need to chill out (not just here but everywhere) Please dont take this the wrong way

There is plenty more that interest me but I am going to end it here. I will see you all around
edit on 22-12-2016 by that1lurker because: words

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: that1lurker

Welcome, and I agree on the politics. Sometimes feel like they should make another site 'Above Politically Correct'
People are so entreched when it comes to politics. And things get personal very quick

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Welcome to the board!

And welcome to your new voice amongst the chaos. 7 years is a long time to lurk without so much as a peep in the many threads you must have read over the years. I hope you find it to be a positive experience in some way, an extra opinion is always good and welcomed!

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

You've been lurking for 7 years?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Thank you guys. Yeah 7 years is quite a while but I must admit I was younger and probably wouldn't have had much to contribute. Not that I think age determines a persons maturity, but age certainly develops wisdom.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Welcome, from another similar mind with a similar hangover. Hope you enjoy ATS even more now!

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
We spend more time here debunking conspiracies and trying to find any truth they contain than actually posting conspiracies. But we do need the conspiracies posted also, you can't examine things that don't exist. Both the debunking and the posted conspiracies are important. Even if it is obvious a conspiracy is a hoax. What a boring site this would be if nobody posted any hoaxes to practice on.

Welcome to the site. Hope you can add some content for us to dissect to find if it contains some truth. If it is all truth, a thread usually does not get much attention here. If it goes against consensus or what some big corporation or the government doesn't want us to know you may run into a few trolls or shills attacking it. You will learn how to deal with them.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I lurked for about six before joining. Everybody seemed like they asked everything I would have so I just sat back and watched the tennis match!

Welcome to ATS!

It is WAAAAYYY better on this side of the fence if for nothing else then those d@mn ads! Besides, lurking is bad for your back!

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: that1lurker
Thank you guys. Yeah 7 years is quite a while but I must admit I was younger and probably wouldn't have had much to contribute. Not that I think age determines a persons maturity, but age certainly develops wisdom.

I joined around that time after lurking for a couple of years, but I was already over the middle line headed towards becoming an old fart.

I made it.

Welcome.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Women and trees?!?!?!

Here comes trouble.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Sounds like you have much to contribute so will be good to hear your thoughts around the boards/threads

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I lurked for about six before joining. Everybody seemed like they asked everything I would have so I just sat back and watched the tennis match!

Yeah my thoughts exactly. A lot of the things I would have said were usually already discussed. Thats the beauty of ATS, a diverse group of people with mostly similar thoughts. Then again, when it comes to conspiracy someone needs to play devils advocate. okay how do I end the quote and start my own sentence separate?
edit on 23-12-2016 by that1lurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I am newbie as well. Glad to be here!

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: magicmirror

Hello and welcome to you too!

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Welcome!!

Here's a 'hair of the dog' for your hangover

reply to: that1lurker

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Welcome!

There is nothing wrong in having an open mind here.

new topics

top topics

join