It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wear a Gorilla mask and hold Banana at BLM protest You get---civil rights charges

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
You all should watch "Black Mirror." Seriously.

Season 1 Episode 1.....should tell you all you need to realize. Maybe it will kick you over the scrimmage line......so you can continue on up the field to actual awareness of the ugliness being perpetrated right now.

Here's the wiki link, but I want to note that Wikipedia (arguably a hit and miss outlet for fake news itself, amirite?) says it is "satire" as well as science fiction. I want to say it is one of the most disturbing and NOT AT ALL FUNNY things I have seen in a long time. If it is satire, they needed to do a better job of making that obvious ---- I watched 2 and 1/2 episodes and was totally gagged.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: AlbanArthur

Is this not freedom of speech?

Sure it is.
But, what would motivate such a drone to express freedom in this manner?
He's an antagonist- an instigator...

He's lucky he made it to court.
Hopefully he gets to learn a new motivation in life.
...not by fellow inmates.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Thanks. Yeah, I agree completely. Maybe they should spend time in Ethiopia or Liberia and then try whinning about hurt feelings.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jahari

originally posted by: filthyphilanthropist

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: suvorov

Dressing up as a gorilla or sambo face is an insult to afro-americans

boo hoo. Maybe I should fall in line with all the whinery and get offended at being likened to things I dislike. I better not see any stinking pig masks around me, and you better not taunt me with a whip. Am I sensitive to pig masks because I'm fat or a man? Who knows. Reason really doesn't matter anymore does it? Oh, and if anyone ever honks anything at me. Ohhhhh buddy.

Yes you would be offended from a pig mask because from you own mouth your "fat", thats why you said it. You acknowledged it to be a form of insult towards "fat" people. Tbh you have the right to be mad. Just because as an individual it doesnt bother you doesnt change anything. The state of denial in some of these post are astounding!
Yeah, the denial IS astounding. How can you not see such sensitivity as anything short of assinine? What happened to our thick skinned culture? What happened to sticks and stones? When did our culture begin to allow petty things like that to debilitate us? Just because it bothers you as an individual doesn't change how dumb it is to be so sensitive. Oh well.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

Were fat people made slaves, we're fat people given radiation to test the effects of fall out like blacks in St Louis, were fat people hung from trees, segregated, kept from bank accounts, property, so on?

You live in a society man. Personal attacks are not free speech. They are protected but philosphically speaking that isn't what the founders were writing about.
Fat people weren't, no. But Men were. My ancestors were slaves even in America. My ancestors were forcefully taken as prisoners of war and sent to the Americas before the Africans. There were still Irish slaves in the colonies after the inception of the United States. We were beaten, segregated, raped, enslaved, families torn apart, and brought to near extinction as a people. And then TPTB tried to relegate our history of being slaves to nothing more than indentured servitude which occured later in history. We are the forgotten slaves who were treated every bit as bad as the Africans, and we were every bit as identifiable by our physical characteristics. And that's just one half of my ancestory. The other half were nearly extinct as a people too. Even today they have it worse than any black man. So cry me a river. Why do black people get special treatment? Why are exceptions made to their favor? Why is a kid being charged for offending them with a darn mask? It's because racism IS rampant in our society, and many (not all) black people are being played. The racism here assumes that they need special treatment because obviously they cannot sustain what other races can. That is inherently racist. At least the kid in the gorilla mask didn't feel they were so inferior that they couldn't take an insult.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

originally posted by: filthyphilanthropist

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: AlbanArthur

Is this not freedom of speech?

No it's potentially inciting a riot.

No it isn't. If a riot started as a result of a gorilla mask and a banana, then someone reacted to it with violence or threatening words. That person would be responsible for inciting a riot. One can demonstrate and suggest that someone else is acting like a monkey all he wants. It is not a call for violence, and it is not shouting "fire" in a crowded theater. It is simply something that pisses off some people. Their stupidity would far surpass Mr. Gorilla mask if they got violent over it.

The charges are about civil rights, not inciting violence?

Members of BLM have trashed and looted cities. Called to burn this mother down. Is that a violation of civil rights?
I don't know. I don't care at this point because what does civil rights even mean anymore? What does anything political mean anymore? It's all so muddled. I'm not sure, but I think we are in agreement on the point that you raised. I was replying to someone who said the kid was being charged for inciting a riot or something, and how that isn't protected. Wearing a mask and holding a banana is NOT inciting a riot even if it pisses them off. Whoever responds to it violently or with violent rhetoric would be much closer to having incited a riot. I don't know...

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

This was freedom of speech. His right to free speech is being infringed upon.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: neutronflux

As horrible as it is, the intent to harm has to be established.

You think this asshat didn't "intend to harm" anyone?

Holy Christ. Did you also think that Trump's impersonation of a handicapped reporter was fine and cool and good?
Or talking about "blood coming out of her whatever", or "grab them by the pussy" are okay?

Holy mother of God flipping Christ in a handbasket headed to hell.

I suspect you already know the answer, my friend. It will be said that, because there are other videos of Trump mocking people with similar mannerisms, there's no reason to believe that it's explicitly meant to mock disability. It will be said that the menstruation comment was merely a smidge of blue humor that sanctimonious liberals can't digest. It will be said that the notorious "grab them by the pussy" remark was merely a moment of cringeworthy bragging that should not at all be interpreted to mean that he actually fondles women without consent because his money and power render him unlikely to face consequences for it.

In my opinion, the more interesting question is whether a given person actually believes those things when they say them, or if they are instead running an argument as one might in debate, defending the anointed one whose real purpose in life is to visit discomfort and perhaps worse upon their political rivals. Trump is a vehicle for vitriol and discontent and as long as the vehicle continues rolling down the road, a handwave will suffice in response to any criticism of its road-worthiness.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
My whole problem with groups like BLM, they want to dictate the standards without any intention to set the standard and hold their own accountable. I have no problem with any peaceful protest that does not infringe on others rights. But when it's more about politics and using leftist tactics for class / race division, BLM purposefully drives a one sided narrative to create an environment with no solutions mouthed by the MSM.

m.riverfronttimes.com...

Activists and allies of the Ferguson protest movement were stunned Thursday when a St. Louis County Circuit Court judge sentenced Josh Williams to eight years in prison.
Last month, the nineteen-year-old Williams pleaded guilty to arson, burglary and stealing; the charges stemmed from a December 23, 2014 protest during which Williams was recorded entering a Berkeley QuikTrip (which had initially been broken into by looters) and lighting fires inside and outside the convenience store.

How is targeting a business and the owners because you believe they are privileged, or part of a privileged system, not a hate crime?

How is threatening someone's livelihood because you target them as privileged, or part of a privileged system, not a civil rights violation?

Isn't that profiling, stereotyping, and targeting based on hate?

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Its not a hate crime, its domestic terror.

But it won't be called either of those, and when/if someone does they'll be shouted down by a chorus of MSM pundits on the CIA payroll

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The kkk having a rally is blatant racism but is still protected free speech. And people line the streets to protest them whiskey is also free speech. This is how it works.

You say something in a public domain, I can tell you I think it's stupid and move on, or we can get in a fist fight and possibly go to jail. The problem is people thinking their opinion is the only one and other people are required to listen.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasSeabee

The problem is that some people take liberty's with a fragile system that's designed to protect everyone.

Common sense, or lack of as the case may be, being the definitive factor with regards to the idiot in question.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasSeabee

Well said, I don't have to like your free speech and you don't have to like mine. But we must allow them both.

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join