It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wear a Gorilla mask and hold Banana at BLM protest You get---civil rights charges

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Is there a test yes? And you are the gate keeper.

Race baiting is a moving target. This is why it is so dangerous to have any kind of activists on the bench.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: AlbanArthur

Is this not freedom of speech?

No it's potentially inciting a riot.

When they start charging racist BLM who actually do incite riots let me know.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Race baiting is a moving target. This is why it is so dangerous to have any kind of activists on the bench.

Whatever. You're either trolling, blind, or stupid if you can't see that the guy wearing a gorilla mask, a Confederate flag, a noose, and offering bananas at a BLM march was race baiting. He even told investigators he was trying to provoke the protesters with his actions (HERE).

The fact that you're trying so hard to defend this (for 20 pages at that) shows me everything I need to know about you and your "character".

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
i have said in many many posts in this thread, that he is an idiot, and is stupid.

There are tons of things that can be considered race baiting, but just as in fishing one has to bite the hook.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Whatever. You're either trolling, blind, or stupid if you can't see that the guy wearing a gorilla mask, a Confederate flag, a noose, and offering bananas at a BLM march was race baiting. He even told investigators he was trying to provoke the protesters with his actions (HERE).

The fact that you're trying so hard to defend this (for 20 pages at that) shows me everything I need to know about you and your "character".

Race baiting, as detestable as it may be, is free speech.

I'd be willing to actually fight to defend that assholes right to dress like that. Not because I agree with him, but because i believe he has a right to be that asshole. Just like I do.

I don't want this to be like Europe, where you can go to jail for saying something that offends someone. Just thinking about that as a possibility gives me anxiety. That isn't what the US is.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm there with you.

Freedom is to precious to let a costume, piece of fruit and a rope ruin it.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Spider879

The hypocrisy over First Lady Michelle is even worse than that. Remember how outraged they were when she first started showing her arms? But apparently Melania's nude and near nude photos are completely acceptable.

Yup remember that, The hypocrisy is indeed glaring.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

The 2 are different. She was a model. And I couldn't care less if M Obama wears sleeveless shirts. Lets worry about things that matter. don't sweat the petty Sh!ft.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I don't agree entirely but I don't disagree at all. He could be wearing the get-up to show they are acting like animals. When a racist remark toward black people is that of ape or monkey, it's best to steer well away from them when depicting people acting like animals as animals, especially black people. How is it possible to charge him without intent though?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

The idiot in the mask said he wanted to get hurt, and he also said he identified with the gorilla.

Stupid stunt, and he should have gotten stomped. The BLM were refrained and this guy got off easy with his court date.

Still freedom of speech.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
i identify as a transexual gorilla

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

When they start charging racist BLM who actually do incite riots let me know.

Okay, will do.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
yes the person is an idiot but guess what, u have the right to be an idiot in this country.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Are you saying that black people are incapable of restraining themselves? he was taunting and being a twat, but he was not inciting a riot unless you are implying that taunting black people will inevitably start a riot. Which would be racist. Taunting people is not smart, but it is not against the law as far as i know. However, i'll stick by the judges decision.

How the living # did you come up with that conclusion from one sentence?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

False.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
How about the rope he was carrying? Don't forget to mention the rope with a noose at the end that the pos was carrying.

The guy was an idiot, but this is easily covered under the First Amendment. The judge is way outside of his jurisdiction.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

The 2 are different. She was a model. And I couldn't care less if M Obama wears sleeveless shirts. Lets worry about things that matter. don't sweat the petty Sh!ft.

My thing is the racist hypocrisy by some and the use of the ape imagery as a negative stereotype, that implies primitive backwardness no matter a person's qualification or personal achievements, this extend to monkey noises, yes I agree in principle the right of free speech , and governing body should protect it, buuut on a personal level ..well I had given my answer a pg or two back to as to what I would to do.
edit on 23-12-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

Again I am done giving racist Nazis elbow room or breathing space.

You have made your position and intent quite clear. Just make sure you don't run into someone like me. I know the mad masher story. I was there. And I could pound you into a fine powder and there is nothing you could do about it. All the chest thumping is fine until you get your ass handed to you. And then I bet you run crying 'racist' when you get beat down.

Every time I see someone burn a flag I want to reach down their throat and rip out their spine. That is two separate and distinct problems . One is he has the right to burn the flag. The other is he has no spine. If he had one he might man up and find a better way of expressing himself.

Free speech is exactly that - free speech. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it wrong. Promoting violence to stop someone from saying things you don't like - that is wrong. And people have been fighting to defend that right for a long time. Don't expect that to stop just because you got your little feelings hurt.

First off I don't go throwing the word racist mindlessly and well I've up graded my training since then, but hey if I run into a racist Nazi who think he can taunt me without consequences ..anything can happen...

edit on 24-12-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: IsntLifeFunny

The guy could have potentiality incited a riot never mind got himself killed.

So if the crowd had taken server umbrage to his display and ripped him apart for his overtly racist gestures and attempt goad the public would that make him a martyr to his cause or just a dumb idiot that got his just desserts?

Granted freedom of speech is there to protect the idiots as well as everyone else but there are limits as to peoples tolerance towards displays such as this. Especially so when people are in a large crowd who are only as clever/tolerant as there stupidest member.

End of the day just because people are free to do a thing does not necessarily mean that they should.
edit on 24-12-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

As horrible as it is, the intent to harm has to be established.

You think this asshat didn't "intend to harm" anyone?

Holy Christ. Did you also think that Trump's impersonation of a handicapped reporter was fine and cool and good?
Or talking about "blood coming out of her whatever", or "grab them by the pussy" are okay?

Holy mother of God flipping Christ in a handbasket headed to hell.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join