It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wear a Gorilla mask and hold Banana at BLM protest You get---civil rights charges

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Jahari
Well dude,

If anyone hit him (the idiot ape guy), they would be causing the riot.

The problem with your broken thinking is that what he does, as long as he isn't hurting you, isn't assault. The person that never was told the stick and stones would be in jail.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: AlbanArthur

Is this not freedom of speech?

No it's potentially inciting a riot.

Are you saying that black people are incapable of restraining themselves? he was taunting and being a twat, but he was not inciting a riot unless you are implying that taunting black people will inevitably start a riot. Which would be racist. Taunting people is not smart, but it is not against the law as far as i know. However, i'll stick by the judges decision.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jahari

a reply to: omniEther

No what is the proper punishment if it is so bad? Why stop at college and jobs be limited? What about owning firearms and voting?

How bad is this offense?

Well since there was no one was hurts he will and should he the minimum sentence allowed which imo is not jail or even college. But what if he started a riot and someone was hurt? Smh. Your not being honest with yourself dude.

Oh, you mean like the guy a couple years ago, who shouted 'burn this m#f down!'. I believe it was a quaint little town called Ferguson. He received no charges, even though riot was successfully incited. People were hurt, but you are arguing that in this instance, the person should have harsher punishment even though no-one was hurt.

Interesting.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

It's not the simple.

It's pretty obvious your not really up to date on the constitution or the forefathers writing. Or the guys they used to write the constitution.

Take some time and read two treaties of gov by John locke.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

a reply to: enlightenedservant

Because what is considered race baiting is a moving target, yelling fire in a theater is measurable. When we "outlaw" certain speech it had better be for a good reason. If the people didn't like the ape holding bananas, they shouldn't have given him the time of day.

I didn't think that you were referring me as a race baiting or calling me names, and would laugh if you did.

LOL Tell us what you really think.

Just for the record, this post speaks volumes. I'm not even sure if you realize it.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Lets say there is a BLM demonstration and a guy dresses up in an ape mask.....

If you are offended that is YOUR problem. That doesn't give you the right to do anything to him, it's called freedom of expression. He is an idiot, and his idiot actions are protected.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

He should have been charged. It just isn't civil rights based.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

No actually, the afro-americans just might very well hot have been offended at all. And if they are...its not their problem.

Even if the blacks were not offended, it is the police's duty to arrest the idiot in the ape mask bc he is portraying discrimination...which is illegal.

I see where you are coming from, "if you are offended then its your problem" (i say that to my mom when she calls me an alcoholic bc I drink 4X a month), but in a case of discrimination...its illegal.

anymore questions?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Ok, tell that to the cop as he slaps the cuff on you. Tell him the guy in the mask that didn't touch me had it coming cause the way it looked made my little heart break and blood boil and I couldn't control myself.

Hint the cop will tell you to shut the F up and throw your sensitive behind in the cruiser.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

a reply to: Spider879

Far from a Nazi.
Just as you have the right to "speak" as you just did, so does he.

You know what?? fk all that!! the way I feel right now???.. I am on a hair trigger, mkfrs hiding under the right of free speech while pushing buttons??, well ok feel free to make your speech, I in turn reserve the right to put foot in ass ,if you cross certain lines with me.. I ain't got no more patience for nonadat sht... don't look for Gandhi or King in my direction, look for the mad masher who trained me, my Maroon ancestors, uncles and my personal code of conduct or honor.
Precisely. Some dick does have freedom of speech to call me a n!@@3& and I have the freedom of tuning that ass up. People these days equate disrespect to being non "PC", whatever the hell that means. Like you, I'm a man of honor and respect. I won't be dishonored or disrespected without consequences. I feel what you're saying, man.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

What is portraying discrimination mean? Do you mean racism?

Even if the blacks were not offended, it is the police's duty to arrest the idiot in the ape mask bc he is portraying discrimination...which is illegal.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

You literally don't make sense.

What is this post in relation too?

You keep avoiding these questions.

So in your opinion free speech is me going to Westpoint, targetting kids who have parents lost in Iraq and doing mock beheadings of soldiers?

Let's just be clear and use appropriate metaphor.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

a reply to: Jahari
Well dude,

If anyone hit him (the idiot ape guy), they would be causing the riot.

The problem with your broken thinking is that what he does, as long as he isn't hurting you, isn't assault. The person that never was told the stick and stones would be in jail.

Assult? Who said anything about assult? The only person i see on here with broken thinking is you. Something as simple as this is obviously beyond your grasp. I hate to label people i dont know but your vigilant defense of this is very telling. In some states street harassment is against the law.

www.google.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

No actually, the afro-americans just might very well hot have been offended at all. And if they are...its not their problem.

I see where you are coming from, "if you are offended then its your problem" (i say that to my mom when she calls me an alcoholic bc I drink 4X a month), but in a case of discrimination...its illegal.

anymore questions?

You really dont realize that by censoring/suppressing unpopular opinions, you are potentially doing the same to your own. At some point, every free thinker has an unpopular opinion. Who is so righteous to say which opinions are criminal and which arent?

I hope you and others like you wake up quickly.
edit on 22-12-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: question

link   

originally posted by: veracity

anymore questions?

This is true. In some states it is illegal to wear a mask in public.

www.anapsid.org...

edit on 22-12-2016 by Jahari because: (no reason given)

link   

you can take your own time to look up the definition of each to further expand your knowledge on the subject

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

au contraire

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Ultimately it boils down to the story.

Does the idiot in the mask have the right to wear a mask and hold fruit,(freedom of speech)?

Does the BLM have the right to punch him cause it hurt their sensibilities?

If the riot starts because of non violent activity from the ass hat in the mask, who started the riot?

If the BLM member riot, why is that a natural outcome to seeing a costume and fruit?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Oh, it's abhorrent behaviour, and probably does deserve at least a punch in the nose, maybe even two.

Civil rights charges, though?

No, certainly not civil rights charges and I may have told the police I missed what happened if someone decked this jackwad.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

What does public expression have to do with personal opinion?

In your statement I could go hand out jihadI pamphlets on campus

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join