It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wear a Gorilla mask and hold Banana at BLM protest You get---civil rights charges

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

My position was just black list the kid. Put it in his transcript, published him in papers, call his employer, or make him do community service.

Or maybe he is another Roof in waiting?

Racism has some real effects on the social contract political comments don't have.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: suvorov

Dressing up as a gorilla or sambo face is an insult to afro-americans

boo hoo. Maybe I should fall in line with all the whinery and get offended at being likened to things I dislike. I better not see any stinking pig masks around me, and you better not taunt me with a whip. Am I sensitive to pig masks because I'm fat or a man? Who knows. Reason really doesn't matter anymore does it? Oh, and if anyone ever honks anything at me. Ohhhhh buddy.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: neutronflux

originally posted by: filthyphilanthropist

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: AlbanArthur

Is this not freedom of speech?

No it's potentially inciting a riot.

No it isn't. If a riot started as a result of a gorilla mask and a banana, then someone reacted to it with violence or threatening words. That person would be responsible for inciting a riot. One can demonstrate and suggest that someone else is acting like a monkey all he wants. It is not a call for violence, and it is not shouting "fire" in a crowded theater. It is simply something that pisses off some people. Their stupidity would far surpass Mr. Gorilla mask if they got violent over it.

The charges are about civil rights, not inciting violence?

Members of BLM have trashed and looted cities. Called to burn this mother down. Is that a violation of civil rights?

Do you know what civil rights are.

Burning this mother down in terms of the us is a political statement.

Burning these jews is not.

Nice try. The term was not political. The individual was trying to invoke persons to actually burn a city. If you cannot be honest or transparent, no point to debate.

And here is my whole quote

The BLM movement has rioted, looted, and attacked police. Please show me where BLM individuals have been charged with civil rights violations.

Sorry, I see the hypocrisy. I hope you can prove me wrong, and prove our society treats all people equally when they threaten a community and small business owners.

See ya....

edit on 22-12-2016 by neutronflux because: Fixed finger fumbles

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

Were fat people made slaves, we're fat people given radiation to test the effects of fall out like blacks in St Louis, were fat people hung from trees, segregated, kept from bank accounts, property, so on?

You live in a society man. Personal attacks are not free speech. They are protected but philosphically speaking that isn't what the founders were writing about.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

a reply to: AlbanArthur

Is this not freedom of speech?

No it's potentially inciting a riot.

No it isn't. If a riot started as a result of a gorilla mask and a banana, then someone reacted to it with violence or threatening words. That person would be responsible for inciting a riot. One can demonstrate and suggest that someone else is acting like a monkey all he wants. It is not a call for violence, and it is not shouting "fire" in a crowded theater. It is simply something that pisses off some people. Their stupidity would far surpass Mr. Gorilla mask if they got violent over it.

The charges are about civil rights, not inciting violence?

Members of BLM have trashed and looted cities. Called to burn this mother down. Is that a violation of civil rights?

Do you know what civil rights are.

Burning this mother down in terms of the us is a political statement.

Burning these jews is not.

Nice try. The term was not political. The individual was trying to invoke persons to actually burn a city. If you cannot be honest or transparent, no point to debate.

And here is my whole quote

The BLM movement has rioted, looted, and attacked police. Please show me where BLM individuals have been charged with civil rights violations.

Sorry, I see the hypocrisy. I hope you can prove me wrong, and prove our society treats all people equally when they threaten a community and small business owners.

See ya....

So you don't know what civil rights are.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: suvorov

Dressing up as a gorilla or sambo face is an insult to afro-americans

boo hoo. Maybe I should fall in line with all the whinery and get offended at being likened to things I dislike. I better not see any stinking pig masks around me, and you better not taunt me with a whip. Am I sensitive to pig masks because I'm fat or a man? Who knows. Reason really doesn't matter anymore does it? Oh, and if anyone ever honks anything at me. Ohhhhh buddy.

Yes you would be offended from a pig mask because from you own mouth your "fat", thats why you said it. You acknowledged it to be a form of insult towards "fat" people. Tbh you have the right to be mad. Just because as an individual it doesnt bother you doesnt change anything. The state of denial in some of these post are astounding!
edit on 22-12-2016 by Jahari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: omniEther

No what is the proper punishment if it is so bad? Why stop at college and jobs be limited? What about owning firearms and voting?

How bad is this offense?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

OK, so we don't have freedom of speech?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

I'm not a lawyer, my thinking is he admitted to trying to incite violence, so some kind of charge.. yes, you could be right the civil right's charge is not a perfect fit.

The fact he admitted trying to incite is the sole reason to charge.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

You tell me you wrote the post. What is the history of this debate?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

i know you are being serious so i will try and help you understand.

Yes, we have freedom of speech, BUT...we also have civil rights. We must respect civil rights in public (you can be as racist or ignorant in your own home) or get fined or sued.

You are talking about freedom of speech as in discrimination...NO, in that case we don't have freedom of speech, but freedom of speech does NOT include discrimination or any other infringement on civi rights.

link   
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

Good analogy, that is the problem with everyone being hypersensitive or looking to be hurt and offended.

link   

No what is the proper punishment if it is so bad? Why stop at college and jobs be limited? What about owning firearms and voting?

How bad is this offense?

That's even more of a Straw man I bet you don't even know what your point is anymore

edit on 22-12-2016 by omniEther because: (no reason given)

link   

How bad is this offense?

Well since there was no one was hurts he will and should he the minimum sentence allowed which imo is not jail or even college. But what if he started a riot and someone was hurt? Smh. Your not being honest with yourself dude.
edit on 22-12-2016 by Jahari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Try thinking before you post.

It's up to the employer or college to admit right? What rights have you taken away?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

When in public you have no right to not be offended. You have the right to say God hates this or that. You have the right to say I don't like this or that.

Are you suggesting that isn't true?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

i do not know what you are talking about. please give example

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Actually it's a dumb post and didn't make reasonable arguement.

What is the historical political and social discrimination of fat people?

I mean we had fat presidents when blacks couldn't vote.

Do you know what the social contract is?

Let's use this analogy.

Let's say in 1950 I went on campus in a Nazi uniform and made a scene with a dummy in an oven at Columbia University targetting kia soldiers children. Is that free speech?

edit on 22-12-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Good. F Him. He's lucky he didn't get the snot kicked outta him. Say whatever you want, but know the consequences and take your lumps like an adult

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Don't forget the Tuskegee Experiments, where they were unknowingly injected with syphilis under a fake vaccination program. The govt then monitored the individuals for years as syphilis spread through our communities, all while giving fake vaccination treatments. My great aunt's husband was a victim of the Tuskegee Experiments.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join