It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard and Princeton: 94% Of All New Jobs During Obama Era Were Part-Time Or Contract

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The joke of the day:

Obama: "Since I signed Obamacare into law (in 2010), our businesses have added more than 15 million new jobs,"

I used to make a joke that the whole reason for Obamacare was to turn every full time job into 2 part time jobs. It appears I was not very far off on that statement.

www.investing.com...

Nearly 95% of all new jobs during Obama era were part-time, or contract

Investing.com -- A new study by economists from Harvard and Princeton indicates that 94% of the 10 million new jobs created during the Obama era were temporary positions.

The study shows that the jobs were temporary, contract positions, or part-time "gig" jobs in a variety of fields.

Female workers suffered most heavily in this economy, as work in traditionally feminine fields, like education and medicine, declined during the era.

The research by economists Lawrence Katz of Harvard University and Alan Krueger at Princeton University shows that the proportion of workers throughout the U.S., during the Obama era, who were working in these kinds of temporary jobs, increased from 10.7% of the population to 15.8%.

Krueger, a former chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisers, was surprised by the finding.

The disappearance of conventional full-time work, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. work, has hit every demographic. “Workers seeking full-time, steady work have lost,” said Krueger.

Under Obama, 1 million fewer workers, overall, are working than before the beginning of the Great Recession.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Don't let math and facts get in the way of good old fashioned Obama worshipping...

Anyhow, we all know math and facts are racist...

-Chris

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

That would explain all the Taco Bell's and Popeye Chicken places popping up in my neck of the woods...

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

In the woods! Whoa. Now you're gonna see these types running around..... lol

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Yep everything is fake, our money, our jobs, our homes and it has to stop. I think the pain will be great, and the scope will be wide.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

1 million fewer workers, overall, are working than before the beginning of the Great Recession.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Same in the UK.

Our goverment boosts at "new job" creation, but nearly all of them are minimum wage service jobs with zero career prospects or ability to live on

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114

In the woods! Whoa. Now you're gonna see these types running around..... lol

Noted...in my neck of the city

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Twisting figures to make things look like things are going better is a specialty of our government. Deception runs this country, the best deceivers climb the ladders the fastest.

Most people understand what is going on with this Democratic administration, that is why so many people voted for trump. All the people are not blinded by the chemistry they are giving us. They allow these additives and promote foods that blind us so we believe what the distorted facts and figures say. If you want to get people to believe in something untrue, show a graph that shows what you want them to believe or cherry pick evidence to show what you want them to see.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Sorry. If you ever need a break from gluten free taco hunters come on up. I have a safe space for meat eaters like myself. I'd wait till spring though it's cold as hell till may.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Nearly 95% of all new jobs during Obama era were part-time, or contract

I love contract gigs. Just finished up a media personnel contract with the GOP during the campaign.

Just bid on another for ESPN....got it.

You too can benefit from these gigs if you got the skills and ambition to wade thru the paper work.

Even though I hate Trumps guts; I will prosper during his administration because governments are bloated with all kinds of contracts for all kinds of BS. Or whine on ATS and put up clever little meme's........Fortune favors the bold!

www.sba.gov...

edit on 22-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Complain if you want, but I'd rather 15 million people have part time employment than no employment at all.

*edited to add*

The labor pool in the US, between immigration and people reaching working age, increases by approximately 1.2 million workers per year. Over 8 years that's 9.6 million new jobs required just to maintain 2008 unemployment levels.
edit on 22-12-2016 by Syphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I still have a problem with this. If you google questions on the economy, you get all kinds of conflicting reports. Very hard to drill down to truth. The only thing I have left is personal experience.

I'm thriving, my wife has never made more money and gets job offers all the time, my business is thriving-people, lots of people, can afford my services. In a bad economy they wouldn't be able to.

All most every single family member and close friend I have is employed and thriving. Crime is down in my area.

So how can the economy not be good?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Syphon
Complain if you want, but I'd rather 15 million people have part time employment than no employment at all.

*edited to add*

The labor pool in the US, between immigration and people reaching working age, increases by approximately 1.2 million workers per year. Over 8 years that's 9.6 million new jobs required just to maintain 2008 unemployment levels.

Oh, now it's all right, but then why is everyone so up in arms over the wages?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I honestly hope Trump does improve the infrastructure, bring back jobs, create a new prosperity but so far all I see is a return to trickle down economics. I know how to play this system but if you are an employee; I suggest you prepare for a deep and long lasting recession. You know what happens when the stock mkt is so high, like it presently is...it crashes, just a matter of time and it will take years to recover, just like O8.
You will be fortunate to have a job flippin burgers.

Merry Christmas
edit on 22-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
You mean you don't like living from paycheck to paycheck?

#Shocked

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Sorry I don't understand what you are driving at here. Hopefully the person who starred your comment can explain it for me.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Finally a modicum of honesty?
The logic department just gave
the entrenched statistic department
a swift kick?

We shall see.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

LOL, I am doing quite well. I am usually the one telling people to go get their CCNA / CCNP and make 60-90K a year with 18 months or less of school. Those are the people I hire.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Syphon
a reply to: ketsuko

Sorry I don't understand what you are driving at here. Hopefully the person who starred your comment can explain it for me.

Not my star but....

If economy is great, employment is good, people are working and earning a living, why the need to push for $15 an hour minimum wage?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join