It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When I was 3 to 5 years old, I always draw Clock images..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Hello

Here is a thing I can not understand. I loved drawing when I was that small. Probably starting from the day I could hold a pencil, I started drawing simple clock drawings; like just a circle with numbers on it and random times. I always wondered what was it about. I didn't have an interest on watches whatsoever during those times. We only had one clock hanging on our living room wall and that was it. Plus it was not the one I was drawing. If I wanted to draw it I could but I did not. I don't have those drawings as they were mostly done on my father's electric guitar. Gosh now I realize how patient my father is lol. I generally used a blue board marker and tried to erase the clocks every time I wanted to draw a new one.

So, what do you think? I just don't get it right now =)

Best

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: belkide

This might be a stretch but, maybe you like clocks?

Maybe it's some type of Hodor fever dream that will only make itself apparent in the 6th season.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

This thread reminds me of that one scene from the movie Super Bad.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I think some kids just get obsessed with drawing certain things, my son for example had an obsession for drawing road maps from 2-5 years, complete with road names spelt correctly, without any help from anyone, there was a point where we thought he may be on the spectrum because of it.

Another way to look at it, could be seen as rehearsal....learning through repetition?

My son through his incessant map drawing taught himself to write with no help whatsoever, did you do a similar thing through copying numbers on a clock?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Did you have a good time

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Did your father ever happen to play this song by Pink Floyd on his electric guitar, the guitar you drew a clock on? "Time."

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I would guess the circles were just a very simple thing to draw. As for the numbers at age 3 to 5.... well most children learn that in first grade, usually at six. and then awkward at first.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Perhaps there was a dali print hanging in your house the one with the melting clock.
My five year old is really getting into drawing and writing now she has just started school. I love her drawings they are so free and she is drawing these really cool animals particularly cats.

I have saved quite a few drawings from my older child through out her life, they are somewhere in my bordering hoarder style house.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I am a preschool teacher in training. As I understand it, through my classes, children at the ages of thre to four are very good at drawing circles. Letters and numbers start to show up at about age four. It could be that your mind was making nurologic connections. It is also important to note that emergent writing is the same for children all over the world. This was descovered by a woman named Rhonda Kellog. Children start by scribbling. They then progress to making circles arays suns then people. They start to make letters as early as two, however the letters are for the most part unrecognisable.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

Lol no =) He switched to Oud and didn't touch the guitar that much. But he loves Pink Floyd =)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: solargeddon

Sounds very similar. Did he also learn how to read and write early?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I had kickass time

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: cre8chaos

Hmm very good info. Thanks =) . The reasons are more clear for me now.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: belkide

Sounds very similar. Did he also learn how to read and write early?

Yes, he did actually, he was reading sentences at about two and a half, learnt all the letters and their sounds before 18 months, could read numbers around the same time, shock of my life when he called out the aisle number we were standing in at 17 months.

He taught himself to write from about two and a half with the road names.

How does it pan out?

Because currently at 13 he is a nightmare!

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

I guess he will be a very creative and hardworking person for his own aims; schools and mainstream stuff will bore the hell out of him. Be advised, you have a legit rebel =)

top topics

join