It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion - A New Perspective... WE ARE PREGNANT!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Congrats buddy!

I have 2 myself and the mrs wants more (whimpers) but it truly does change you my friend.

I can't describe the feeling you will have when they are born, especially if your there In the room.... words will not do it justice.

All I will say is, Dad to expectant Dad, do not miss the birth no matter what!

Good luck

a reply to: Winstonian

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
These kind of threads make me want to puke.

Hold the human. I'll take an Amur tiger.

Population Clock
edit on 12/24/2016 by Restricted because: ADDED NECESSARY LINK.

What Overpopulation Looks Like
edit on 12/24/2016 by Restricted because: ADDED NECESSARY LINK.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Teikiatsu

It's always nice to see a pro-abortion advocate continue to support the idea that terminating an innocent human life is okay, justified on convenience. Really restores faith in humanity.

I don't think anyone, except some die hard Catholic chauvenists, wants to ban abortion to save the life of a woman. So, in these types of discussions, why do you always feign surprise, shock and horror every time someone defends to current status quo, which is a woman's right to choose to have an abortion for whatever reason she deems fit?

Feign? The 'current status quo' is horrific and inhumane.

'for whatever reason she deems fit'... oh hey this is the mud pit! I can tell you how sick, twisted, evil and dead inside you must be to think that way. Absolute disregard for human life, nice.

I said responsibility. You said punishment.

One can also take responsibility by opting to abort. Carrying an unwanted pregnancy to term, only to hand it over to some stranger doesn't seem responsible to me.

We will agree to disagree. Better to give the care of the child to someone who wants the child than simply terminate the child 'for whatever reason [the mother] deems fit.'

You said that you approve of, in your words, murdering a sacred human life,

I said I could support the decision, that does not mean I approve of it. When the woman's right to choose has been taken from her, the next choice in sequence is to 1) maintain the pregnancy or 2) terminate the child.

Note also I said to charge the rapist with involuntary manslaughter. We must remember there is a human life that is ending in that scenario.

if it wasn't the unwanted pregnancy wasn't the result of woman's choice to have sex in the first place, in other words, rape. But, if she finds herself with an unwanted pregnancy by accident, according to you, then she MUST carry that unwanted pregnancy to term, in other words, as some kind of a punishment for her consensual dalliance with pleasure.

If she is going to engage in a biological activity designed to get her pregnant, then she should deal with the consequences. I'm not sure what the disconnect is there. The human female body will autonomously react to the introduction of sperm into its reproductive system. It's called biology.

If she doesn't want to get pregnant, there are many ways to avoid the situation that do not involve the termination of an innocent human life.

The "Hey our actions started this pregnancy together, what do you think?" kind of input. Note that I did not say his input would overrule the mother's decision.

Then why, in a life or death situation, would the sperm donor's input be legally required in the first place?

Because the child is his too.

Death certificates and funerals are illegal? Since when?

Since Death Certificates are only issued after Live Birth Certificates. That's when.

Assuming that is correct (and I have not found anything on line that says it is, please educate me), so what? Easy to change the law. BAM.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

let me get this straight...
the women is in danger... life or death situation...
the only input the father should have is to show support for that women, that he supposedly loved enough to have sex with him... REGARDLESS of the action she takes!!
he does not have the right to insist that she risk her life, nor does he have the right to insist that she aborts. anything but a " Gee, hon, I really love you and really don't want you to risk it" is unacceptable in that situation.

If she is going to engage in a biological activity designed to get her pregnant, then she should deal with the consequences. I'm not sure what the disconnect is there. The human female body will autonomously react to the introduction of sperm into its reproductive system. It's called biology.

If she doesn't want to get pregnant, there are many ways to avoid the situation that do not involve the termination of an innocent human life.

no birth control is 100% effective, and quite frankly, under those circumstances that you are outlining, then I would expect that ALL MEN would be very accepting of the idea of going long amounts of time, years even, heck maybe till menopause set in, without sex being a part of their married life?
now, tell me the truth.... what do you believe the percentage of men out there willing to accept that would be?

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Congratulations!! Babies truly do change your perspective on almost every aspect of your life, don't they?

After having two children I guess I would say I'm against abortion. Because even though on one hand there are many people who cannot afford children or who shouldn't be raising children, the other hand offers adoption for those people who literally spend thousands of dollars just to GET a chance to raise them. There's no denying that really at any stage of pregnancy you are dealing with a human life! One that had no say so in becoming a human so what gives anyone the right to take that from them?

I've told many of my new mother friends that those moments, when you first lay eyes on that little alien kicking around inside of you or your spouse, those are the moments when the whole baby thing becomes a reality. Even during my second pregnancy, when I had no doubt I was pregnant, when I saw my daughter on that screen with her little head and little face and little arms and legs and her little baby body, I cried at the realization that yes, there WAS a baby inside of me.

That first ultra sound where you really get a good look at them and that moment when you first feel them MOVE and especially the moment when you first lay eyes on them while holding them your arms, oh, those are the moments that never leave you.
edit on 24-12-2016 by PageLC14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

'for whatever reason she deems fit'

Yep! As in, her choice. She doesn't have to it run by you first, to see if her reasons are good enough for you!

Better to give the care of the child to someone who wants the child than simply terminate the child 'for whatever reason [the mother] deems fit.'

There you go again, acting as if your opinion is more valuable than the woman's.

When the woman's right to choose has been taken from her, the next choice in sequence is to 1) maintain the pregnancy or 2) terminate the child.

It's clear what you mean. You mean that a woman only has the right to terminate an unwanted pregnancy, in your mind, if she's raped. If she chose to have consensual sex, and found herself with an unwanted pregnancy, you would take her right to choose not to be pregnant away from her. To you, the only choice a woman really has is to have sex or not to have sex. Sorry, but that's an unacceptable standard.

Note also I said to charge the rapist with involuntary manslaughter. We must remember there is a human life that is ending in that scenario.

LOL....more The Law According to Teikiatsu!

If she is going to engage in a biological activity designed to get her pregnant, then she should deal with the consequences.

Procreation is a choice, not some sacred religious ritual! Children should be wanted and welcome, not seen as "consequences" for, and a punishment for a dalliance with pleasure!

And, there's more to sex than procreation! Sex is necessary for physical bonding and maintaining a loving relationship, mental health, self confidence and personal as well as artistic expression and exploration. It's good exercise and it's healthy!

I'm not sure what the disconnect is there. The human female body will autonomously react to the introduction of your magical sperm into a woman's reproductive system. It's called biology.

LOL! No it won't. The female body doesn't autonomously react to the introduction of sperm into its reproductive system! Crack a biology book or watch a YouTube video! The introduction of sperm doesn't make a woman ovulate! Geeejus!

And, accidents happen. We don't punish women with unwanted childbearing and the bondage of 18 years of parenthood because of an accident!

Not yet it isn't! Is he legally responsible for the mother's prenatal care and hospital delivery bills?? Nope! Just child support, when there's a child to support!

Guys' don't win the lottery and suddenly own a woman because their boys swam good! There's more to fatherhood than bossing a pregnant woman around!

Assuming that is correct (and I have not found anything on line that says it is, please educate me), so what? Easy to change the law. BAM.

Good luck with that, because that law you would need to change would be the 14th Amendment of the US Constitution! BAM!

edit on 25-12-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Windword,

Excellent post. Well done.

Restricted

edit on 12/25/2016 by Restricted because: GD AUTO-CORRECT.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
First of all, congrats. I had an unplanned pregnancy the first year I was married. The result of that pregnancy is now a beautiful 15 year old young lady.

I must ask you - what if next week your girlfriend develops a serious problem with the pregnancy which means her life is in imminent danger if she carries the child any further? Would you try convince her to carry it knowing she will likely die? I'm sure you are aware that even though the ultrasound shows you a tiny "person", it has no chance of surviving out of the womb at 13 weeks, therefore an abortion would be the only way to save your girlfriend's life.

The vast majority of abortions happen before 12 weeks. Late term abortions happen due to the woman's life being in danger, or a fetus that has developed such serious health complications to the point it would be cruel to force its birth. Late term abortions involve gut wrenching decisions being made by parents who loved and wanted their baby.

My point is that it a little more complicated than "abortion is murder".

I won't go on with this, but I will say it. First of all...I'm pro-choice. That also means I am pro-murder because to me, abortion is murder at 12 (referring to this thread) weeks. It is a child...a human and not just a collection of cells. By being pro-choice, I know there are sometimes "reasons" that these murders should be allowed...such as you noted.

Here is my personal dilemma. I think the death penalty is fine under the right circumstances (evil), I think killing to protect yourself or others is OK (self-protection) and other such beliefs. So I have the same beliefs with abortion when there is a "good reason" as you have stated.

I don't think it is a "good reason" and therefore not right to allow murder for "inconvenience". So yes...I'm pro-choice, but I fight that all the time with these "people" who choose to murder for convenience, as a replacement for birth control or as a mulligan (look it up).
edit on 12/26/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The thing that bothers me about abortion is that those that do so claim the 'fetus' is not a human being at the time,
YET, when it comes time later down the road to have a baby (because of convenience, money or marital situation or other) they justify that
the fetus is a living being since the time of conception and they would do anything to protect it.

Hogwash if you ask me. It is a human being full of life and blood or not a human being, You cannot have it both ways.
edit on 26-12-2016 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dianashay

isn't there some kind of new physics that basically says that until something is observed, it doesn't really exist??
well, in my opinion, there isn't a baby till the mother, her friends, family, acknowledge it is.
can it be a baby before anyone even knows about it?
somewhere between the time of conception and the time of birth, the baby becomes real to someone, usually the mother. there is physical evidence of it's existance. the larger stomach, the movement that is felt. she starts thinking about how it will look, worrying about it, and having expectations for it. she starts to realize that she has responsibilities to it, like taking the vitamins, and eating right. and as she starts having expectations of the unborn baby, the baby also begins to have responsibilities...
when a fetus becomes a baby, I believe can't be pinned down, since it may be different for each women. heck some women can go through a good part of their pregnancy without realizing they are pregnant.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Jesus help us this is unbelievable. Lord gives us life when he says so. This is why he's the King.

You mess with that you're F***kered.

Good luck Jackasses

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian

I am no scientist, but my baby was NOT a "glob of cells." I saw, with my own two eyes, a human life, vulnerable and getting ready to jump into this world. What level of brain activity does he have? Can he dream? Does he have one foot in another plane of existence? What is he feeling and experiencing right now? I had a discussion with my brother today, and I just cannot believe that people can be so calloused about abortion. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind, that abortion is ending a human life. After seeing what a 12 week old fetus looks like, I cannot even BEGIN to think about late term abortion, it absolutely makes me sick to my stomach.

Congratulations!!!

I am pregnant right now with our first, and it's so funny that I would stumble upon this thread today - I am 12 weeks currently and we just had that same exact test/ultrasound two days ago. I was thinking the exact same thoughts as you! Is the brain developed to feel more than just pain? Are the movements intelligently based, trying to get comfortable, etc? Can the baby dream or recognize any experiences?

I was talking to the ultrasound tech during this long exam and she was saying the same things. I brought up how I couldn't consider aborting the baby, even if the test did come back with sad results after seeing this. I think part of that for me also includes my brother - he's adopted and has cerebral palsy. He is the most amazing, impressive, driven, hard-working, confident person that I know - and he's someone that a mother would consider aborting due to his condition. Sad to consider, although I understand why they might choose that route if they think they are helping the baby not live a terrible life. Interesting conundrum.

Thank you for your post and good luck!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I've had a spontaneous abortion, 2 living children, and an elective abortion.

Pretty much covers it.

CHOICE belongs to the one who is pregnant.

No other argument is valid.

Nor are opinions, unless it is about yourself.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Pretty much covers it.

You are so cool.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jenkinswasher
Jesus help us this is unbelievable. Lord gives us life when he says so. This is why he's the King.

You mess with that you're F***kered.

Good luck Jackasses

"Jesus Christ" never existed.

Read some actual history.

ALL religion is FALSE.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I don't like abortion. It's just an awful thing.

I can't imagine the emotions a woman goes through when she has one, I don't for a moment think they are in anyway positive though.

For all those who think there should be some price to pay for having an abortion, I think those feelings of regret etc that they might feel in the aftermath, are more than enough to cover that particular bill.

The trouble with banning abortions is, that it completely screws up a woman's right to live her life. She either has to go to some unscrupulous butcher in a back street and risk everything form death through to permanent sterility, or she has to bring the child to term, give birth. then either raise it or trust an inept government to do that for her. Its all very well whining about a man's rights in this scenario, but we men are the ones who didn't wear the condom, whined at her until she gave in and let us have sex and we are not the ones who would be in any danger at all as a result. So no, I don't buy this equal right to decide stuff.

Education, access to birth control and helping people to make better life choices are all things that could, and should be done, but restricting a woman's access to a safe, informed choice of an abortion is definitely not something that a civilised country should even be thinking of.
edit on 55pMon, 20 Mar 2017 16:05:55 -050020172017-03-20T16:05:55-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: addendum

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: Annee

Pretty much covers it.

You are so cool.

I hope this isn't sarcasm
I think you're cool too, Annee.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Congratulations!

Enjoy every moment; every moment of your girlfriend's pregnancy; every moment of your child's childhood.
It goes so fast.
The best days of your life are now in front of you!

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Double Post
edit on 20-3-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian
All of my adult life, I have been pro-choice. I was sexually active at a young age, and I wouldn't have ever batted an eye if I was put into a position of "needing" to provide an abortion for one of my partners. I honestly never thought about the subject critically enough to have a strong opinion either way.

Abortion is a political topic that is filled with rage on both sides. The left paints it as a choice, that a woman should have 100% unfettered rights when it comes to terminating a pregnancy at any stage. They claim that the child is a "glob of cells" or even a "parasite." Many people on the left are even... gulp.... proud of their abortions. Feminist Lena Dunham recently said that she has never had an abortion, but "wishes she had."

People on the right believe that abortion at any stage is murder. They believe that an unborn child is a child with god given, and constitutionally protected rights. They often tie religious beliefs to their pro-life views.

I am now in my mid 30's. I am a centrist libertarian on the political spectrum. I have never really described myself as left or right. I have also never had a horse in the race as far as this topic goes.

But now, my girlfriend is pregnant. I have never planned on having children, and never really thought that I would. Yesterday, we had our "high risk" 12 week ultrasound. Take a look at this image (not mine) of what an unborn child looks like at 12 weeks:

The ultrasound literally took hours. My child was moving like a little maniac! He (hopefully) was flipping from front to back, side to side, and every which way. It was so CRAZY! I could not believe what I was seeing.... and at only 12 weeks! He had a brain, spinal cord, legs, arms, a cute little butt, basically a little tiny human. It was quite the amazing event, and I am forever changed...

I have now rethought my views on abortion. I am no scientist, but my baby was NOT a "glob of cells." I saw, with my own two eyes, a human life, vulnerable and getting ready to jump into this world. What level of brain activity does he have? Can he dream? Does he have one foot in another plane of existence? What is he feeling and experiencing right now? I had a discussion with my brother today, and I just cannot believe that people can be so calloused about abortion. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind, that abortion is ending a human life. After seeing what a 12 week old fetus looks like, I cannot even BEGIN to think about late term abortion, it absolutely makes me sick to my stomach.

I could probably go on, but I just thought I would share what has been swimming around in my head today. I have come to the belief that abortion is abhorrent, and that late term abortion is 100% without a doubt MURDER!

I think the most voracious pro-choice people should really try and look at the other side of the argument, and try to leave partisan ideology out of it.

Holy crap, I am having a baby!

Congrats Man!!

Is your girl still pregnant?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join