It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion - A New Perspective... WE ARE PREGNANT!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

Aww, congratulations and, when the time comes, welcome to the best club in the world.

I admit, since becoming a parent 12 years ago, it really changed my perspective in a lot of ways. Beware though, there are some changes, possibly heading your way that you may not have thought about.

I found myself being more emotional. I'd find myself watching films I've seen a few times and there would be this strange, clear fluid coming from the corners of my eyes (at happy parts as well as sad).

I found my tolerance for gore diminished somewhat. I wasn't really a massive fan of horror movies. My favourites all being the slashers and horrors from the 80's and early 90's that I grew up with. I'm not the sort of person you'd ever find watching Saw or Human Centipede at the best of times but now I avoid the najoirty of the Horror Genre.

My ability to keep calm in a crisis became even greater. I don't know if this is a result of having an O/H with anxiety issues but after my son was born (4 years ago, 8 years after my eldest arrived) I've found that when things go wrong, I find it easier to step up and keep my mind on what I need to do. I was never one to stress out over much but I admit I used to be a bit flappy in a crisis, not so much anymore.

Obviously everyone is different but having spoken to a few friends it seems i'm not the only one who went through changes like this, friends of mine have gone through similar transitions and some have gone through others. I wonder how it will change you...

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Congrats wish yous all the best !

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Congratulations, first one is so exciting.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Abortion would not be a choice i would make, however, i would never want to take away anyone else's right to make that decision for themselves. That is what it comes down to for most reasonable people. I think life starts at conception and i do consider even early term abortion to be ending a human life. I still believe the decision should come down to what the mother wants. Even if the father is opposed. It is the mother's body. Ultimately her choice.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
A fetus is incapable of opinion.

If someone is too poor(spare me semantics, homeless people should not be having children.) Or having a child can physically harm them in anyway, they should be allowed to abort.

A mindless fetus should not be dictating how a person's life is to them and how it's now going to be. True parenting is the exact opposite of this, where you are prepared to control the child's life.

This is the main issue with the abortion, not actual abortions. Bad parents. If parents of the Right were so "good" they would be vouching to claim these unwanted children, that no one definitely wants, through adoption. Funny how that isn't happening.

It's an ideology that let's them sleep better at night because they think they are good people, sacrificing women's rights for a fetus that has an equal chance to grow up a serial murderer.
edit on 22-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

**CONGRATULATIONS** There is nothing nicer than a much wanted Baby

# But would you have felt the same if you were presented with that same situation

in a relationship that had soured and you or she were ready to call it a day and

move on?

# Or a drunken one night stand?

# A holiday romance when you never expected to see her again?

# In a casual relationship and had just recently set eyes on someone who set

you alight and you knew deep down this was possible your 'soul mate'?

Would you still be equal to the responsibility? would you still be overjoyed? and

ready to accept a lifetime responsibility?

edit on 22-12-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Congratulations my friend! I had all but given up on the hopes and dreams of being a father. I received the great news at 39. I too was really hoping it was going to be a little boy. Even after finding out it was a girl, I held on to the hopes that the tests were wrong. But believe me, once you see that little joy plop out of the mommy, all that goes away. I love my little girl more than life itself. I promise she will tug on them heart strings more than anything. Especially when she starts to hold out her arms and reach for daddy. Hope all goes well! Blessings!

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Congrats! We have a 5 month old girl. My advice: shop now, shop early, and start stocking up. Buy a box of diapers every paycheck now. Start with the newborn size, but then work your way up, so you have a few boxes of each of the first sizes by the time your baby comes.

Also, I don't know where you live or what is in your area, but don't be afraid to buy second hand. I'm in Canada and we have a couple local high-end second hand stores that sell only brand name baby stuff, and only in perfect condition. Our baby is decked out in the expensive brand name stuff but we didn't pay more than a dollar or two for most items. Check online classifieds for nursery stuff. I'm very picky about quality and cleanliness, and refuse to buy junk or stuff that seems to come from sketchy people, but we got all the baby room stuff for cheap on local classifieds sites.

Babies don't have to be as expensive as everyone says. Plan ahead, shop early, shop wisely, and when your baby comes you won't feel as stressed out.

Good luck!

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Great news OP!

A new human, half you!

Youre in for a treat watching them grow and learn!

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Congratulations!

Wishing you a wonderful new journey and a safe, healthy pregnancy for all of you.

AB

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Congrats, sir!

You are taking the journey that many have--from apathy because it doesn't directly affect you, to really understanding the issue down to your core and letting that guide your opinion and not the other way around.

On the other hand, though--it's odd that you tie in your announcement by making it about abortion--that's really going to end up ruining a thread that should be something to celebrate. Hopefully people have enough respect not to do so.

Now to read beyond your OP and see...

ETA: Most have been good. A few predictable ones, not so much (although they were cordial about it)
edit on 22-12-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

On the other hand, though--it's odd that you tie in your announcement by making it about abortion--that's really going to end up ruining a thread that should be something to celebrate. Hopefully people have enough respect not to do so.

If you haven't noticed, he also put it in the Political Mud-Pit. That's why some of us are talking about the political aspects of the OP.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Darn it Winston! I told you to wear a rubber!!

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
"A fetus is incapable of opinion... A mindless fetus"

I don't think Jack remembers being a fetus. None of us do. So we do not really know what happens before birth.
Every living thing has a soul. No one can correctly say spiritually or factually that the preborn have no mind. And good luck with saying souls have no opinions.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
Being pro-choice is as simple as not wanting politicians and bureaucrats to force women to do A, B, and C with their bodies.

Which, in a nation that outlaws prostitution, criminalizes recreational drug use, institutionalizes or otherwise interferes with citizen's attempts to take their own life, mandates certain vaccinations and medical processes, and makes said baby the full financial responsibility of the father without extending him even the most remote choice over his own financial resources reeks of hypocritical horsesh*t.

"Our bodies, our choice" is little more than politicians using the unborn as pawns and divisive bargaining chips because they realize they wouldn't be able to vote for 18 years anyway.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

Every living thing has a soul.

What is a soul? Does it have to have a temporary biological host to inhabit in order to exist?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
ETA: There's something I'm often reminded of on this topic: pregnancies affect females far more than they affect males. It's easy for us guys to tell a woman she should do all these different things with her body, but she's the one who has to deal with the direct repercussions. Things like waking up to random vomiting fits; possibly permanently losing her shape; the random and aggressive contractions that I've been told feel like being punched or stabbed; etc.

I agree with a lot of what you wrote in your post, but I am absolutely disgusted by what I left in your quote above, and find it hard to believe that you truly stand behind the rest of what you wrote. How can you compare random vomiting fits, POSSIBLY permanently losing her shape,.. to KILLING a living helpless being that had no choice in the matter at all?? There is NO comparison!

Do you have children? I doubt it, and I certainly hope that you don't. I would (as a father of 3) take a million punches in the stomach and much more, if that meant that it would save one of my innocent children from suffering horribly. In fact, I wouldn't hesitate to die for them for one second. Even the thought of it is unbearable. I'm pretty sure that most normal parents are the same.

POSSIBLY permanently losing her shape? Oh nooooo!!!! The horror. That sounds like you would dump the mother of your child because she changed shape.

soulwaxer

edit on 22-12-2016 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

What? Simply because a being can't opine via Human speech, it's mindless?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Any who, congratulations. Five beautiful kiddos here, from 11 down to 6.

I'm both for, and against abortion; depending upon the situation. I feel if it is a medical necessity to save the mother's life, or to prevent a lifetime of complete agony, that's one thing. Statistically, that isn't what make up the majority of induced abortions. Most induced abortions are a matter of convienience. I do not agree with abortion as birth control. I also don't agree with government litigating this choice. Government should have no place in this.

There is a lot of bull from both sides of the fence on this issue.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

congrats!! hope all turns out perfect for yas, or at least very close to that.
make sure to try to enjoy every minute you can with them, they do tend to grow up all too fast.
my kids are all grown and still very much in my life, but I still miss my KIDS...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join