It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firearms: Agreement on Commission proposal to increase citizens' security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

European Commission - Press release
Firearms: Agreement on Commission proposal to increase citizens' security

Brussels, 20 December 2016

After a year of discussions, the European Parliament and Council have reached a provisional political agreement on the Firearms Directive.

The Commission proposed a revision of the current EU rules on firearms on 18 November 2015 to make it harder to legally acquire high capacity weapons in the European Union, allow better tracking of legally held firearms thus reducing the risk of diversion into illegal markets, and strengthen cooperation between Member States.

President Jean-Claude Juncker said: "We have fought hard for an ambitious deal that reduces the risk of shootings in schools, summer camps or terrorist attacks with legally held firearms. Of course we would have liked to go further, but I am confident that the current agreement represents a milestone in gun control in the EU."

The provisional political agreement retains a majority of what the Commission originally proposed, such as the ban of automatic firearms transformed into semi-automatic firearms, the inclusion of collectors and museums in the scope of the directive, the regulation of alarm and acoustic weapons, the regulation of Internet sales, the regulation of deactivated weapons and more exchange of information between Member States.

europa.eu...

These are similar measures that President Obama and his administration also wanted to impose in the U.S. By slowly compromising more, and more, and more and implementing measures which ultimate goal is to stop all citizens from having firearms.

Overview | January 2013 Gun Proposal From President Obama

President Obama has unveiled a plan to address gun violence in the nation. The initiative consists of 23 executive actions and three presidential memoranda, most of which will require congressional approval. Many parts of the plan may have significant effects on states.

The plan:

Requires background checks for all gun sales and strengthens the background check system. This would include removing barriers under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act so that states may more freely share information about mental health issues involving potential gun purchasers.
Provides states with monetary incentives—$20 million in fiscal year FY 2013 and a proposed $50 million in FY 2014—to share information so that records on criminal history and people prohibited from gun ownership due to mental health reasons are more available.
Bans military-style assault weapons and limits magazines to a capacity of 10 rounds.
Provides additional tools to law enforcement. The plan proposes a crackdown on gun trafficking by asking Congress to pass legislation that closes “loopholes” in gun trafficking laws and establishes strict penalties for “straw purchasers” who pass a background check and then pass guns on to prohibited people.
Urges Congress to pass the administration’s $4 billion proposal to keep 15,000 state and local police officers on the street to help deter gun crime.
Maximizes efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime. The president calls upon the attorney general to work with U.S. attorneys across the country to determine gaps occurring in this area and where supplemental resources are appropriate.
Launches a national gun safety campaign to encourage responsible gun ownership and authorizes the Consumer Product Safety Commission to examine issues relating to gun safety locks.
Improves mental health awareness through enhanced teacher training and referrals for treatment. The plan calls for the training of 5,000 additional mental health professionals nationwide. The plan also calls for coverage of mental health treatment under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act of 2008.

www.ncsl.org...

Is ironic that one of the groups that the Justice Department states has been helping them fight "extremism" is the SPLC, an organization that label people as "extremists" simply for holding values different from left-wing progressive views.

Ron Paul, and Judge Andrew Napolitano have been two of the many people the SPLC has labeled as "extremists" simply because their political views do not align with those of "liberals/progressive/the regressive left".

Ron Paul’s New Organization Reportedly Stacked with Extremists

Thanks to these other measures the "alt-left" have implemented, they can finally label anyone who does not align with left-wing dogma, labeling it as "that person has a mental issue" which allows for the elites to enforce gun control on people with a different political ideology than theirs, and they make it look like "it's for the good of all".

So let's give up our rights. It's a good cause after all right?... Giving away our rights will make sure no criminal EVER uses firearms or bombs to kill people. Giving away our rights makes sure

This is a global initiative that for some strange reason a lot of people, even in these forums want to ignore or dismiss.

This types of authoritarian enforcement are nothing more than new attempts by the globalist to control every aspect of people's lives.

edit on 22-12-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

That's a lot guns...

I think far left shouldn't have guns.

If you're grown man wearing diaper and paci.. Probably not safe around firearms.

If you're grown man and in full animal onsie... Probably not safe around firearms.

If you're anti male feminist... Probably not safe around firearms.

If you're suffering from multiple personality disorder... Probably not safe around firearms.

If you're illegal immigrant... Probably not safe around firearms.

If live in California... Probably not safe around firearms.

If you're in gang, black panthers, or cartels... Probably not safe around firearms.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
About par for the course/ Bring all the radicals in and disarm the population. Maybe we should go and open a Ninja school ?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Yes, in theory. Good thread, EUniverse. Bumped. And I
still can't fathom how restrictions anywhere can influence
the acquiring of the restricted firearms by a terrorist or
some other criminal/psycho/both at once.

Of course, making the whole EU a soft target would be a
really neat thing for some types of government...

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
It's funny how what start off as economic and trade partnerships wind up becoming regional governments.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anonopolis

That's a lot guns...

I think far left shouldn't have guns.

If you're grown man wearing diaper and paci.. Probably not safe around firearms.

If you're grown man and in full animal onsie... Probably not safe around firearms.

If you're anti male feminist... Probably not safe around firearms.

If you're suffering from multiple personality disorder... Probably not safe around firearms.

If you're illegal immigrant... Probably not safe around firearms.

If live in California... Probably not safe around firearms.

If you're in gang, black panthers, or cartels... Probably not safe around firearms.

You can add ...

If you deem others to be unsafe around firearms you are likely to be unsafe around firearms yourself and should duly apply your own logic onto yourself...

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Some of it will be actually of a good use to have a single standard for deactivated weapons as theres been many a time where WW1/2 re-enactors have had their weapons seized for not meeting some weird rule when crossing a border. Now the UK has some of the highest standards for making deactivated weapons little more than a decorative item or a rather bad hammer at best.

Wish I'd of been more savy as young lad as here in the UK some guy brought over crates of m16's and deactivated them around rambo time but they didn't sell and at certain fairs you could pick them up for like £30 each and also by the crate (which was included) and these days those sort of weapons sell for serious money as they're not as welded up as the modern versions but are still legal as they have the proof house stamp.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Yes, more laws and time and money to make it harder for every body to obey the law.
That should put a stop to those who have absolutely no interest in following the law!
You show those law abiding citizens whose boss, eu.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anonopolis

while i can certainly appreciate your sentiment, i must reveal, as i myself am a grown man wearing a diaper and often using a pacifier, and am in fact this moment wearing a onesie with animal prints on it, i am nonetheless very safe with my many firearms. ive taken multiple courses training on the safety of firearms and in two of them i was the only one to pass with 100%.

though i do get what you were going for as more a commentary on the mental stability of an individual, however you may not want to base such an assessment upon what hobbies they take up and enjoy...

i can assure you there are many in the ab/dl community whom are firearm owners, myself included..

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
More like proposal to reduce citizens security and increase government control. You can't let the peasants be armed like the ruling class.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: NobodiesNormal
though i do get what you were going for as more a commentary on the mental stability of an individual, however you may not want to base such an assessment upon what hobbies they take up and enjoy...

i can assure you there are many in the ab/dl community whom are firearm owners, myself included..

The only problem is that laws that "supposedly" seek to stop people who really have mental problems can, and have been used by the left to also claim people have a mental instability for not holding liberal/progressive views.

Let me give you examples on how "progressives" have/are using political, or even religious views as "signs of mental instability".

Barry X. Kuhle Ph.D.
Evolutionary Entertainment

Conservatism as a Mental Illness
Republican pols have recently exhibited 10 telltale signs of mental illness.
Posted Jun 12, 2012

The specter of mental illness does indeed loom large over creationists, but they are not alone. Signs of psychopathology can also be seen among their political bedfellows, conservative politicians, especially when you consider a wide range of illness indicators. In his award-winning 2005 book, Dr. James Whitney Hicks discusses 50 signs of mental illness including denial, delusion, hallucination, disordered thinking, anger, anti-social behavior, sexual preoccupation, grandiosity, general oddness, and paranoia. Now I'm no clinician, but in my (admittedly biased brown) eyes it seems that prominent Republicans have evidenced each of these ten telltale signs of mental illness over the past year:

Conservatism as a Mental Illness

PARANOID POLITICS

Paranoia and Conspiracy Theories

I didn't know that "being a moron" could earn people a Phd even in psychology...

by Ian Tuttle November 24, 2014 5:00 PM @iptuttle
The Left has a storied history of transforming legitimate disagreement into mental illness. Utilizing his influence as director of the Institute of Psychiatry of the USSR Academy of Medical Sciences, Soviet psychiatrist Andrei Snezhnevsky propagated throughout the Soviet Union and its satellites the notion ofsluggish schizophrenia,a condition from which, conveniently, thousands of Soviet dissidents happened to suffer. Opposing official government policy, pessimism, religious practice — all were symptoms of mental instability, the solution for which was incarceration in a mental hospital.

The Peoples Republic of China continues the practice. In September, watchdog group Chinese Human Rights Defenders reported that a blogger critical of the government had been seized in his home and committed. Another activist apparently has been in psychiatric detention since 2007. The American Left has not set up hospitals, but one can see less extreme manifestations of the same impulse all about. Consider “sensitivity training.”

www.nationalreview.com...

The tea party and the politics of paranoia

Let's not forget "thinkprogress"...

Conservative Paranoia and Conservative Authoritarianism, Two Bad Tastes That Go Very Badly Together

Even though I know that we will get many in the left to agree with this "fantasy" made up by "progressivism". Political, or religious beliefs and values doesn't make a person "mentally ill". Are there people who are religious, or conservative and can have a mental illness? Sure, just like there are people in the left who are also truly paranoid and mentally ill. But lately the left wants to label anyone and everyone who doesn't bow down to their "regressive" views as "being mentally unstable."

This is the sort of tactics that other left wing dictators have used in the past. Heck, people used to be send to "re-education camps" for not having "regressive left wing views", and it seems the left has been picking this trend again.

Yes, there is "delusional paranoia", but the delusional paranoia is the belief by the left that "political and religious views that differ from "progressivism" makes people mentally ill. The delusion is the claim from the left that these sort of tactics haven't been used, and couldn't be used by the left to suppress dissent to their "regressive views and ideas".

edit on 22-12-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

top topics

join