It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Set to blow? Supervolcano Campi Flegrei reawakening near Naples, could hit 500,000 people

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Been wanting to update this thread for a while. And not that I have much of an update- things are still as they were. Except now I am in a position to report, immediately, on things. Years more of new scientific contacts have led me to places I could not go before. But suffice it to say, I am watching out for all of us. That is all for now.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Well so for the first time I bore witness to a swarm at Flegrei, which has been happening over the last few days. It has come in rapid bursts, but each burst has been short-lived. Mags mostly in the 1-2 region, although a couple might have hit 3.

One thing to note is that IGNV is rating these quakes in Md, or Duration Magnitude. This is simply a measure of the entire time duration of the earthquake signal, and is often used as a preliminary measurement at volcanoes until further reviews can be done on the data. I have heard that it is relatively accurate up to about 3.0 magnitude.

I would characterize this seismicity as virtually identical to what we see at Yellowstone sometimes, when YS has short lived swarms, like around the lake or like the small swarms around little west thumb. What I have seen so far in no way compares to the intense swarms of 1985/Maple Creek(2017)/YS lake(2008)/Madison Plateau(2010) at YS. Not even close.

In addition, I have seen no other dangerous signatures such as tremor/long period events/tornillos, etc.

There is a curious low frequency (1-3 Hz) present however, on most stations that appears to correspond to tidal movements. It comes and goes regularly. At first i thought it was background tremor, but over the last month or so it has become clear that this is normal. Otherwise people would be running for the hills. It is all part of getting used to the baseline at Flegrei. So if something abnormal appears, I can report it immediately. (Let's hope I never have to).
edit on Fri Aug 18th 2023 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican
Totally irrelevant (hopefully) but last night, whilst playing Backgammon with a friend, I kept thinking of Italy. I've been to Italy twice, both times to Southern Italy and included the Bay of Naples.
This was like watching flash cards of maps of Italy, places I have visited, flashes to Roman Times. When it started happening, it was like Italy was saying "Hello, are you listening to me?" So, I paused and the feeling underneath it was ominous. It was so sad that I even told my friend I couldn't get Italy out of my head and I didn't like it. I've had these feelings like this in the past and they've come true.
I really hope not this time.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Looks like new Madrid is waking up too.

khmoradio.com...

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join