It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German politician threatens to fine Facebook €500,000 every time it shows fake news

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Oh Well , there go the Facebook LINKS to CNN , MSNBC , CBS , ABC , ...Etc .

You forget zanti, it will be the social democrats deciding what is real or not.

Prepare for the ridiculous fascism is re-entering the atmosphere and it is bringing Stasi 2.0 with it!

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I would be fascinated to see what effect it might have if FB just blanked Germany.

How much does it get used by people with businesses?

Great test of the power of FB.

Dont use it myself so...

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Check out this thread i made recently. it is 100% inline with this

German politicians call for fake news used in a 'targeted campaign' to be made a crime

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They are working hard there to control minds.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I can see a lot of advertisers pulling themselves off of fb soon as some of those have direct links to 3rd party content of which they have to pay, so these advertisers won't be gettig their sites looked at if certain media can't be posted.

Hope that makes sense.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Never mind letting an endless flow of terrorists into their country. Lets worry about banning free speech instead. What a useful idiot.

German freedom of speech differs from American in that it is illegal to use Defamation and Malicious gossip under section 186 and 187 of the criminal code UNLESS proven to be true. Fake news is not always proven true is it?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Merkel's days are numbered

Germans are getting angry

And trust me, you wouldn't like them angry

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Was wondering when someone would post this.

Yeah for a few days I was wondering the same thing, and mentioned this in a couple of threads but no one was picking it up.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Actually I didn't see that news until now, thanks for pointing it out. Starred and flagged that thread.

We have seen that "progressive" western countries have been trying to look for ways to implement this sort of "control".

This is showing they are getting desperate. There are/were several events that authorities in both Europe and in the U.S. have tried to hide, more so when it comes to the crimes being committed by the new waves of Muslim/Hispanic immigrants, and only when people began talking about it in social media en mass did the truth come out. This is the reason why they want to control social media, because the mainstream media is corrupt and has been bought for the most part. There are very few journalists that have tried to break the mold, but most of the time they don't get too far, and even lose their jobs for trying to post the facts.

We are at a pivoting point in time, if people don't realize what is happening and this "control" scheme is not stopped the only news we will be able to access will be the news that the globalists want us to read and nothing more.

What I don't understand is how much different a lot of Muslim immigrants, and other immigrants are now to how they used to be. (btw, I was also a legal immigrant)

While my parents and I were living in Spain my father's best friend was a Muslim Morroccan Arab, we knew him and his family and they were good people, in Spain we never saw North Africans, nor Arabs do the things that are happening these days in Europe. There are still good Muslim people, but it seems the bad people are more prominent now and we keep seeing them "demand" more and more, not to mention the riots and increase in violence that European, and American authorities, alongside the mainstream media, keep trying to dismiss.

Don't get me wrong, there was crime in Europe in the 80s, you would see the drug addicts in the streets inject themselves meanwhile the streets were full of people. Heck I still remember that in some of the beaches in Spain some drug addicts actually buried syringes in the sand infected with hiv trying top get people infected. Those beaches had to be combed with bulldozers to get all the syringes that had been buried. That's how evil some people were/are, but there weren't these riots by Muslim immigrants we are seeing now, or other increases in crime that are so prominent these days.

There is a big difference between the majority of immigrants, whether Hispanic, Muslim or whatever else, who emigrated to the U.S. 15+ years ago to the ones migrating now. Like I said, there are still good people, but the bad seem to outnumber the good these days. It doesn't help that many of these people are coming from areas known to have extremist views, but also imo part of the problem is that authorities are too lenient these days and for a long time "progress" has made it so that the criminals are not being blamed anymore. Instead they want to transfer the blame to someone else for the crimes people commit.

edit on 22-12-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This is deeply concerning.

The UK is next.

Personally I concur with this video.

It should cause global reactions for free speech.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
What precedent does this set?

ATS gets fined 50 million because they didn't remove Halfoldman's post?

www.theguardian.com...

That is the end to freedom of online speech.
edit on 5-7-2017 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The OP is wrong though.

What Germany will impose from October is not against "fake news".

It is news the and the facts the leftists don't like.
edit on 5-7-2017 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join