It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pics or it didn't happen, right?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I like to cook and share from time to time, dishes that I create that are mine. I have a simple way to cook where I do not worry about cutting boards and I have a way that I make rice or pasta or potatoes that cuts down on steps and preparation time, too. I make very little mess and keep a compost bag for my garden soil.

And good news, I will be able to document my processes soon. I am getting a digital camera and a new laptop that will make it possible for me to demonstrate to all of you fine ATS foodies and chefs exactly how I do these things I have tried to describe.

Although, I am not capable just yet of providing you pics for this recipe following, I am just eager to share, so now you get it and next time I make it you will witness it. This recipe involves a pressure cooker.

If you do not have a pressure cooker, you should. The way they work to cook is awesome good. I use one for cooking meat and beans. This recipe is one I made last night and it was delicious.

First, I put olive oil in the cooker and sauteed garlic, onions and green peppers.

Then I take whatever meat I choose, last night was bone in pork chops, and layer them on top of the veggies.

I used 8 pork chops. Then I let them simmer and breathe. Throw some roma tomatoes on top. Then I added some water an de-glazed the pan giving it a gravy to cook in, added some tomato sauce, stirred and brought to a boil. Closed it with the pressure lid and cooked it for about 30 minutes on full blast. Turned off the heat and let it set for about 5 minutes, then released the pressure and opened the pot.

Retrieved the pork chops with tongs and de-boned them and chopped the meat.

In another pot, I had potatoes and carrots boiling for 20 minutes, broccoli added on top in a steamer pan, for 8 minutes, took the broccoli away and put it aside, put spaghetti in the water with the potatoes and carrots and cooked for 8 minutes.

Drained most of the water from the spaghetti pot and then added the meat and sauce from the pressure cooker to the pot with the potatoes, carrots and spaghetti, along with the broccoli and then for the finale, brought it to a boil once more and added 3 eggs along with well done crispy bacon and provolone cheese. Turned it off and let it sit for 10 minutes.

Then BON APPETITE!

There are other ways to achieve the same recipe and I have done more than one of them, in the future I shall be better equipped to give a much better presentation!

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Pork chops and spaghetti!!!

That's intense.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Not sure how intense, for my wife's sake it did not include jalapenos, but it was delicious!

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Can you deglaze with white wine, or does it have to be water? I've got a ton of white wine left over. This sounds awesome, want to try it with some elk I've got left.
edit on 12212016 by Natas0114 because: Typo

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

You should collaborate and make us an official ATS cookbook. I've got piles of game recipes laying around.....
edit on 12212016 by Natas0114 because: Because I goofed.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Pork chops and tomato sauce with peppers and onions (along with pasta) is an old traditional Italian dish. We've eaten it for many, many, years. One of my favorite dishes actually.

I actually just brown the chops in a skillet and then add green pepper slices and onion slices along with the sauce with some stewed tomatoes and cook the chops the rest of the way in the sauce. Then serve over, or with, pasta noodles.

Doesn't have potatoes, carrots or broccoli though.

Honestly, it really doesn't take much longer (if at all) to make this in a large skillet vs. a pressure cooker.

P.S. You can do the same thing with chicken. I think one of the key things with this dish is leaving the bones in while cooking. I think it really adds to the enhancement of the flavors overall.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

Not sure how well Elk and white wine go together, I think a red wine would work better. If I were going to use a white wine, which I would not, I would use it on pork. I do not eat Elk so....

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The pressure cooker traps the flavor inside, instead of letting it evaporate. The meat stays juicy and whatever fat is in the meat becomes part of the gravy, the fat melts this way. Also, I agree with you about the bones, but it is very important to take care to remove the them before serving to children and older folks.

And it does cut down on the cooking time if you want the meat to be nice and tender and cooked thoroughly. I like to mix the sauce into the rice or pasta rather than put it on top. I like to get the sauce in every bite. The only time I put sauce on top is when I make mashed potatoes.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxTamesSiva

Can do without that other stuff, nameless because, and pork is one of my favorites.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
The pressure cooker traps the flavor inside, instead of letting it evaporate. The meat stays juicy and whatever fat is in the meat becomes part of the gravy, the fat melts this way.

You do not need a pressure cooker to achieve this, a dutch oven or braising pan with a lid will accomplish the same thing.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Personally, I do not care if you use a pressure cooker or not, I happen to know there is a huge difference.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I would love to hear about these 'huge' differences. Food theory and preparation is one of my favorite topics.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Thanks for the heads up. Will get some red and give a whirl.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Don't forget the cartouche for the perfect seal my fine friend

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Yup, a little parchment paper goes a long way.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Don't forget the cartouche for the perfect seal my fine friend

Cartouche? What's that?

In french, "cartouche" is a cartridge.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
I like to cook and share from time to time, dishes that I create that are mine. I have a simple way to cook where I do not worry about cutting boards and I have a way that I make rice or pasta or potatoes that cuts down on steps and preparation time, too. I make very little mess and keep a compost bag for my garden soil.

And good news, I will be able to document my processes soon. I am getting a digital camera and a new laptop that will make it possible for me to demonstrate to all of you fine ATS foodies and chefs exactly how I do these things I have tried to describe.

Although, I am not capable just yet of providing you pics for this recipe following, I am just eager to share, so now you get it and next time I make it you will witness it. This recipe involves a pressure cooker.

If you do not have a pressure cooker, you should. The way they work to cook is awesome good. I use one for cooking meat and beans. This recipe is one I made last night and it was delicious.

First, I put olive oil in the cooker and sauteed garlic, onions and green peppers.

Then I take whatever meat I choose, last night was bone in pork chops, and layer them on top of the veggies.

I used 8 pork chops. Then I let them simmer and breathe. Throw some roma tomatoes on top. Then I added some water an de-glazed the pan giving it a gravy to cook in, added some tomato sauce, stirred and brought to a boil. Closed it with the pressure lid and cooked it for about 30 minutes on full blast. Turned off the heat and let it set for about 5 minutes, then released the pressure and opened the pot.

Retrieved the pork chops with tongs and de-boned them and chopped the meat.

In another pot, I had potatoes and carrots boiling for 20 minutes, broccoli added on top in a steamer pan, for 8 minutes, took the broccoli away and put it aside, put spaghetti in the water with the potatoes and carrots and cooked for 8 minutes.

Drained most of the water from the spaghetti pot and then added the meat and sauce from the pressure cooker to the pot with the potatoes, carrots and spaghetti, along with the broccoli and then for the finale, brought it to a boil once more and added 3 eggs along with well done crispy bacon and provolone cheese. Turned it off and let it sit for 10 minutes.

Then BON APPETITE!

There are other ways to achieve the same recipe and I have done more than one of them, in the future I shall be better equipped to give a much better presentation!

I made cake. I'm really proud of it.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

It's a piece of parchment paper cut to fit a pot to help keep moisture in during the cooking process.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Oh.

Boring. It has nothing to do with projectiles whatsoever.

For in an instant here I though there was a new weapon around for Food Fighting.

edit on 22-12-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join