It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defeated Democrats Have New Excuse: Electoral College Is Racist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: xuenchen

No, she said in it's inception it was created by a racist institution, you know when her ancestors were actual slaves. No where in that short clip did she say Trump won this year because the EC is racist.

Spin doctor much?

She didn't come out and say it but it's implied, else why talk about the EC in that context at all.

Quibble much?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The only thing they are doing is setting Trump up for his 2020 run perfectly.

At some point they have to look within and see the cancer that is eating them alive or they will die.

And honestly with that point of view: EVERYTHING done before 1865 and the adoption of the 13th amendment is racist. What stupid logic they use.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

It is a statement out of place after elections, why? because the electoral college has always voted most for the winning candidate of the states.

No the popular vote anyway.

So either the woman is a moron that make her statement moronic or she is just a sore loser still.

Who give a crap when the electoral college was created, what difference does it make?

Darn the constitution was written during the slave holders time, does that make the constitution racist?

I have to say America has a new generation of people that for the last 8 years has brought back nothing but racial tensions to make everything racist.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Am I the only one sitting here remembering when that racist EC elected a black man, not once but twice in a row?...

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

While I do not agree the Electoral College to have been set up as a "racist" organization; I will admit it was a compromise effort to better express the will of those voters who are intelligent enough to make an informed decision about the qualifications of those candidates seeking office. There should be no room for emotional sympathies when selecting those who would become the leaders of our country.

These are the times when class, clan, tribe , and fellowship should be abandoned, in favor of sound deliberative thought about the welfare of all the nations citizens.

Once the majority have spoken on such issues, it is then time to work together for the betterment of one another. And just remember, there will be another election in four years when we can again determine who will be our best choice for leaders if we are not happy with those in office.

That is how the system was created and how it should be maintained. It is also why there are provisions for removing "unfit" leaders if necessary.

Just as I said in 2008, "The election is over one side won ... one side lost ... now get over it and get to work."
edit on 22-12-2016 by tinymind because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

IMO she is clearly trying to frame an argument for getting rid of the EC by basically saying it is a relic created by our racist forefathers, and by extension must be racist.

America was created by those same guys, so I guess we should get rid of America? Oh, wait, yeah thats what they want... Not convinced they know what that actually means though.

On a related note, I heard Cali needs an autonomous government.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

With some of them marg, it does indeed make the Constitution racist.

This statement by this woman is indefensible. As two out the the last three electoral elections proved.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I googled these links for those interested. Getting at the truth is what we're about right? So lets find the answers.

(the EC is racist)
www.pbs.org - Electoral College is ‘vestige’ of slavery, say some Constitutional scholars...
(the EC isn't racist)
www.washingtonpost.com - In defense of the electoral college...

I've not yet concluded to my own satisfaction whether EC was racist in nature. Slaveholding might have been an impetus, but not the only factor. They might have been more concerned with large populated cities or states exerting tyrannical voting power over smaller ones?

My thinking is they started out on the principle smaller states needed a larger voice. Bear in mind the constitution was in its infancy. This was all new at the time. States were very concerned with tyranny and state rights. They wanted to assign "electors" roughly representative of the population size. Afterward, slaveholding became an issue because slaves couldn't vote and were a large population in some states. Thus, the 3/5's rule came about, giving those slaveholding states a larger electoral vote.
edit on 12/22/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Some, only some, were slave holders, I'll leave it to you to find out which ones, others were nothing of the sort.

That was then, this is now. Are the votes within each state counted, or broken down, by race, creed, ethnicity...or are they just counted? As I've helped count ballots in Washington state, I can, with a reasonable amount of surety, state that they are just counted as votes. On an anonymous ballot how the Hell do you expect anything to be divined?

Can anyone answer that very pertinent question?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
I googled these links for those interested. Getting at the truth is what we're about right? So lets find the answers.

(the EC is racist)
www.pbs.org - Electoral College is ‘vestige’ of slavery, say some Constitutional scholars...
(the EC isn't racist)
www.washingtonpost.com - In defense of the electoral college...

I've not yet concluded to my own satisfaction whether EC was racist in nature. Teh trouble is slaveholding was legal in those times and so it msut be concluded the founders were racist in nature.

O K ... When you get all your research done, could you then find some concrete proof that there was ever an intent for the EC to ever use race as a factor when selecting which delegates votes would be counted ? This should be the test to determine if it is racist or not.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

IMO she is clearly trying to frame an argument for getting rid of the EC by basically saying it is a relic created by our racist forefathers, and by extension must be racist.

Well then going by that 'logic'.

They ought to get rid of the Democratic party since it was started by slave owners.

They ought to get rid of gun control since it was created to keep BLACKS disarmed.

They ought to get rid of the marriage issue since it was created to keep BLACKS from marrying outside their color.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I have to say: American people are amazing at not accepting their own democratic system when it doesnt go their way.

Over here in Sweden it's usually the complete opposite. Oh so the people voted against something the current goverment wanted? Lets vote for it again in a couple of years! Because democracy! The people voted against it *again*? Uuuuuuugh ffs... Now we need to vote again *because democracy*. Finally! Now you passed it just barely. Now we will NEVER EVER VOTE FOR THIS EVER AGAIN SO EVERYONE JUST SHUT UP AND ACCEPT THE RESULTS! BECAUSE DEMOCRACY!

And we are shutting up :/

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: merka

Imagine how strange it is for some of us who live here?

It's getting tiresome hearing the same tired, not to mention mistaken, thinking from the folks who didn't get their way. But, hey, that's American politics these days--whine until you get your way...

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

People forget that it was a time when we woman were not even able to vote in this country even with the constitution in place that every man was equal, well, it didn't said women.

We still have entries in many states in our nation that are as racist as they can be, but nobody enforce them anymore and nobody even know they are there.

It wasn't until the supreme court had to step in and make it illegal to band interracial marriage for the entire nation.

And to think that Alabama waited to repeal up to 2000, because referendums were against lifting the ban, talking about backward states.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Xtrozero

Trump is Presbyterian and is completely tolerant of homosexuality etc. It's the last thing on his mind.

No he and HRC are Methodist. As am I and we teach love the sinner and instead hate the sin. We love our neighbors and turn the other cheek as much as any person could as our daily practice of life as Christians. But that doesn't mean we are supposed to just stand by while people rape and murder innocent children and women. Because not only are we to love our neighbor as ourselves, we are charged with protecting the weak and following the laws of the land in order to preserve as best we can as mere mortals, the innocence of man.

Most all agree, well except for the certain clear "enabler's of the Democrat's" here on ATS, that the fact no one was thrown off a bldg here for being gay or behead "infidels" of our various religious beliefs should be proof the so called "right wing" people aren't evil.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

It's totally been a trip seeing so many people who hate Trump and for what reason....because he pulls against both the neocons and the progressives and the globalist agenda. Who else is against the glibalists....why that would be Putin, former KGB operative. Joining the US with Russia could ruin the globalist plan. Maybe that's why the seer Nostradamus predicted that joining in the future. Amazing that so many on the Left believe the lies they've been told and will defend the globalists to the end. And why do they love and defend theDemocrat Party? Because they thought it meant inclusion for them. And it is. It's inclusion and absorption into the system and they then can be used as tools as we have seen.
edit on 23-12-2016 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Swills

No, she said in it's inception it was created by a racist institution, you know when her ancestors were actual slaves. No where in that short clip did she say Trump won this year because the EC is racist.

Spin doctor much?

She didn't come out and say it but it's implied, else why talk about the EC in that context at all.

Quibble much?

She did come out and straight up said it.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

So it was not the Russians then?

(You already know where I am going with this.)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Now they're calling the Electoral College racist !!

To be fair, everything that isn't leftist, according to leftists, is racism.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join