It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defeated Democrats Have New Excuse: Electoral College Is Racist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: xuenchen

The 2 presidential candidates were white, was the EC supposed to vote for Ben Carson?

well, in the liberals eyes the EC was racist for voting for a white man instead of a white women, I don`t even pretend to understand that kind of thinking, who can understand the insane mind?

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Perhaps the left ought to just come right out and admit that anything that doesn't give them what they want will be labeled with one nasty pejorative term or other. It would just make everything so much easier.

There`s no need for them to do that, anyone who has 2 functioning brain cells can already see that.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

No, that's just like your opinion but shes absolutely right it's roots are deep in racism and it should be abolished. Americans have been wanting to get rid of the EC since it's inception. People bitching about it this year is nothing new. If I remember correctly, America has tried over 700 times to get rid of it but still it stands.

By that logic the entirety of the constitution should be abolished, because of our Forefathers. It has been explained, many times, why the EC is in place, and it had nothing to do with racism.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Lol..I've seen Moore's tweets ( disclaimer- I can't stand that fat, bloated, dishonest SOB), and I've been seeing this argument all week on social media. It isn't based in reality...
1. Virginia was by far the most populous State when the Constitutional Convention was held. It isn't even close. When you add in the slaves( which counted as 3/5 of a person and hence more Congressional representation) , just Virginia alone debunks this myth
2. But wait, there's more....The Carolinas also had a larger free landowning population then many Northern states.
3. If you act now, I'll include this little tidbit..
At least 4 Northern states totally allowed slavery at this time and a few others allowed it under limited circumstances

So sorry fatboy Moore and your snowflake army, in the words of PRESIDENT Trump...WRONG!
edit on 21-12-2016 by Arizonaguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

originally posted by: ketsuko
Perhaps the left ought to just come right out and admit that anything that doesn't give them what they want will be labeled with one nasty pejorative term or other. It would just make everything so much easier.

There`s no need for them to do that, anyone who has 2 functioning brain cells can already see that.

Yes, we know it's happening, but that's not the same as them admitting as much.

It was like the argument we had with a friend who finally got angry enough with us he he said he wished we'd just come out and admit something. What he wanted us to say wasn't true, but he felt it was. It caused us to attempt to rethink our approach to the topic to at least try.

Maybe the left doesn't think they're doing it either, but when people start telling you how ridiculous you are ... you ought to think about it.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

What a load of bollocks. Nobody was crying about the EC when Obama won twice.

So much bullsh1t, I'm in awe.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
There are two parts to this election that I fail to understand and that is the race card since both were white and the gay issues since Trump is not really religious and so far as I can tell really doesn't have a issue with anything about them.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Trump is Presbyterian and is completely tolerant of homosexuality etc. It's the last thing on his mind.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

originally posted by: Vector99

The 2 presidential candidates were white, was the EC supposed to vote for Ben Carson?

well, in the liberals eyes the EC was racist for voting for a white man instead of a white women, I don`t even pretend to understand that kind of thinking, who can understand the insane mind?

That makes so much sense! The US states voted for the male race instead of female race.

No wonder America is in the dumbass section in education globally. This election cycle is confirmation of it.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

This Child has Not Learned a Thing that Dr. King Talked About................

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Xtrozero

Trump is Presbyterian and is completely tolerant of homosexuality etc. It's the last thing on his mind.

That pisses them off too! lol!

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

Well, it is MSNBC so.........not surprised

Will have to see if this sentiment is echoed by the other liberal commentators on other MSM outlets, because as on now this lady is the only one I have heard using this particular talking point. If we start hearing it en masse from talking heads across networks, then we know this will be the next approach to bring down our current system.

I've been hearing run of the mill sjw's say this all over fb. If it's not the neo-liberal line, it will be. And we shouldn't be surprised. This has been their answer to everything for the last few years. If they don't like it, or it doesn't bow to them, it's racist. That is not going to change any time soon, unfortunately. But, they will keep losing elections as long as they don't change their tune.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

yeah that`s sad, he was like the black jesus he died to save them from their ignorance but they prefer to wallow in their ignorance and have become even more ignorant since his death.
he really understood what real racism was and tried to change it but now the race card is played everytime someone doesn`t get what they want,even white liberals are playing the race card against white politicians, they are making a mockery of something that he died for.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
While most posters here revile the idea of FEMA. Camps,I'd have no problem locking up the sedition isms for their continued resurrection.
edit on CSTThuam41261 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

edit on CSTThuam41261 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

IMO she is clearly trying to frame an argument for getting rid of the EC by basically saying it is a relic created by our racist forefathers, and by extension must be racist.

Agreed

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Racist..or..RUSSIANS!!(sarcasm)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
In a year of two when they realize what they have said they will say

"Putin hacked our brains, the russians made us say those things!"

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
without the electoral college north america would be divided into many small likely poor nations with constant wars like africa.

so what if it was created to draw in southern states by putting aside the issue of slavery, would you rather live without a secure state in a war torn region?

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Racist or not, it turns republicanism is one of the best systems in the world. It would be stupid to stop using light bulbs because Edison was an a-hole.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Um, she said "... was itself a racist institution brought about by...."

^This.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join