It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Wants a Spot on Federal Reserve Board of Governors

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
If Trump does put Paul on the Fed's board, get ready for a bumpy ride now, rather than later. Paul has been a very vocal critic of the fed, I hope his organization gets Paul the post.

Ron Paul's group Campaign for Liberty wants Paul to have a spot on the Fed's board of governors.

Ron Paul's group, "Campaign for Liberty," is trying to get him a spot on the U.S. Federal Reserve's Board of Governors, a senior politics editor with the Huffington Post reports.

Paul has been an outspoken critic of the Fed for a long time. He is convinced it is manipulating the economy.

Paul, a former GOP member of Congress from Texas, earlier this week criticized the Federal Reserve, saying it was manipulating the economy.

Paul established "Campaign for Liberty," his nonprofit political organization, during his presidential run in 2008 with the purpose of spreading his idea that the government should be limited in its role.

Paul also has run for president as a Republican and as a Libertarian.
www.newsmax.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Oh HELL YEAH. I would love to see RP in Trump's admin. Talk about draining the swamp... Paul should be in charge of skinin' the gators.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Please, oh please let this happen

2nd

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
He's very needed. Wonder if Sanders can help him along, considering if there's still an align against the fed there. The rest of the choices so far are questionable as to what they will hold up to anti establishment wise.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Damn that would be interesting but I doubt Trump would go against the will of his Wall Street masters and put a guy like Ron Paul in such a position.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

That's all it was, just talk but no actual drainage. NONE.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

If he is chosen, how hard does the economy hit the skids?

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

The economy would slow down, and times would be hard for awhile. But then we would have a brighter future afterwards. The complete opposite of what is happening right now. We are leveraging our future, for a better present. We have to pay up some time. Let it be now.
If this appointment happens, it would make those of us who are against the shadow government, feel like our beliefs and hard work was not in vein.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

It'll zero out.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I could see TPTB making things, shall we say, as painful as they can....how bad it would get and for how long I do not know. But there would most likely be some repercussions to appointing someone who is an outspoken critic of the fed to the board of directors

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: RiptKeys

I think it will be much more than hard times. Judging from the Tom foolery that has taken place, there is a whole lot of $ that isn't accounted for. I just wonder how the scales can be leveled back out, with out the world crashing. This usually leads to a global war.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

a reply to: RiptKeys

I think it will be much more than hard times. Judging from the Tom foolery that has taken place, there is a whole lot of $ that isn't accounted for. I just wonder how the scales can be leveled back out, with out the world crashing. This usually leads to a global war.

This ponzi scheme that is the current economy can not go on forever. Eventually someone will have to pay the piper......only a matter of time

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Look at fractional reserve lending, nice if you are a bank.

edit on 21-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Every thing is a ponzi scheme, we would have to have a dollar backed by something to make this float. Maybe silver. This is a crying shame what has been allowed to happen.

This ponzi scheme that is the current economy can not go on forever. Eventually someone will have to pay the piper......only a matter of time

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
RP had all those racist newsletters but look at all the people who like him. No chance Trump would touch that, it would legitimize the green frog crap the fake news is spewing.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Yup, some well needed intelligence. I respect a man who's not afraid to speak the truth. Hope this is a go.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I would hope that, if appointed, the good Doctor would avoid cars, private jets, and any puddle deeper than 2 inches.

You know the Fed would never tolerate Paul.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Ron Paul should be president. What can you do though. Trump wont put Ron Paul in charge of anything. Trump isnt that much of an outsider. He just represents a different part of the deepnstaye that got fed up with the Clinton and Bush CIA machine. Paul is a serious outsider and the only one that couldnt be bought off imo. Therefor he was never allowed to have real power.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I just watched this the other day..

Ron Paul is asked on Fox News if he would accept the position.

He does not believe there is even the slightest possibility of that happening.

3 min, 30 sec

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

That is a good analysis.. I agree with that.

But seeing all this brought forward, makes me believe more that R. Paul was genuine. For him to have gotten as much exposure as he did, there must also be others that share his sentiment. Lets hope that they continue to gain influence into the future.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join