It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California secession organizers say they've opened an embassy -- in Moscow

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: namelesss
PS - when did california acheive energy independance ?

Makes no difference, when did the USA achieve energy independence?
There are all sorts of international treaties and trade agreements and CA is better suited to negotiating her own than many!

And, just off the cuff, I'd think that the term 'energy independence' is an oxymoron.
I do not think that there is such a thing.
Solar is dependent on the sun, on batteries, etc...

edit on 22-12-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Yes, I've been saying this for a long time. I even made a thread about Calexit's Russian ties about a month ago mentioning this:

Russia and "Yes California Campaign" or #Calexit Campaign

This is another piece of the Russian propaganda/social engineering program of four parts:

1. demoralize

2. destabilize

3. crisis

4. normalize

The "Calexit" would fall under #2, along with getting Trump elected. Both of these things are disruptive to America. We've spent the last 8 years being demoralized and told how "weak" our president and country is, and now its time to move into destabilization mode...

The leader of the movement lived in Russia for some time, and even wanted to renounce his US citizenship.

IMPORTANT:
This movement existed long before the "Bernie Bros", liberals, Democrats, or sore-losers from Hillary's campaign found them. These people have had Russian ties and support long before this last election cycle.

"Calexit" is simply co-opting these groups of people. Don't be fooled, this isn't a liberal/Democrat/Sanders thing. It didn't start with them. It may suddenly now appeal to them, and it fits perfectly into a leaked KGB propaganda toolkit discussed by a former Cold War Russian agent.
edit on 23-12-2016 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Also of note, the textbook "Foundations of Geopolitics" is studied by Russian military and political leaders has this to say:

Military operations play relatively little role. The textbook believes in a sophisticated program of subversion, destabilization, and disinformation spearheaded by the Russian special services. The operations should be assisted by a tough, hard-headed utilization of Russia's gas, oil, and natural resources to bully and pressure other countries.

Interesting...but maybe it's just all theory, right?

Not so fast. The things it calls for have/are already happening:

Germany should be offered the de facto political dominance over most Protestant and Catholic states located within Central and Eastern Europe. Kaliningrad oblast could be given back to Germany. The book uses the term "Moscow-Berlin axis".

Well, they are propping up the EU right now...What else?

Ukraine should be annexed by Russia because "“Ukraine as a state has no geopolitical meaning, no particular cultural import or universal significance, no geographic uniqueness, no ethnic exclusiveness, its certain territorial ambitions represents an enormous danger for all of Eurasia and, without resolving the Ukrainian problem, it is in general senseless to speak about continental politics". Ukraine should not be allowed to remain independent, unless it is cordon sanitaire, which would be inadmissible.

Wait...when was this textbook written?

Yes, 1997. Okay...so that's all well and good, but wait -- just like the ShamWow guy, "There's MORE!"

When it comes to the UK this is where it gets creepy:

The United Kingdom should be cut off from Europe.

Brexit anyone? Hello?

And finally, what about us Americans? What does this textbook say our prognosis is to be?

Russia should use its special forces within the borders of the United States to fuel instability and separatism, for instance, provoke "Afro-American racists". Russia should "introduce geopolitical disorder into internal American activity, encouraging all kinds of separatism and ethnic, social and racial conflicts, actively supporting all dissident movements – extremist, racist, and sectarian groups, thus destabilizing internal political processes in the U.S. It would also make sense simultaneously to support isolationist tendencies in American politics."

Go ahead and read the rest of the Wikipedia article to gain some additional eye-opening insights and "ah ha!" moments on what Putin's been up to.

Calexit plays exactly into the playbook that the Russians want for America. Destabilization. The Russians are a patient people who know they can't match the USA with military power, so they are hedging their bets on a long-term propaganda/disinformation and social engineering campaign.

During the Cold War these techniques were perfected. During those days, changing an entire nation's social/cultural attitude took about 15-20 years. Today, however, with the internet it can happen much more quickly.
edit on 23-12-2016 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: GodEmperor
They do realize there is no possibility to secede, right?

That decision was made over 150 years ago.

Texas v White, secession declared unconstitutional by Supreme Court in 1869.

And Lincoln fought a illegal civil war to get there.

But the conservatives in the south claim they're the "party of Lincoln" and wave the confederate flag...?

I'm so confused. This world, and her people don't make any sense to me anymore.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: GodEmperor
They do realize there is no possibility to secede, right?

That decision was made over 150 years ago.

Texas v White, secession declared unconstitutional by Supreme Court in 1869.

And Lincoln fought a illegal civil war to get there.

But the conservatives in the south claim they're the "party of Lincoln" and wave the confederate flag...?

I'm so confused. This world, and her people don't make any sense to me anymore.

you can be a DEMOCRAT and be conservative as well. Also.. the Orange flag isnt the One deemed the racist one in the confederacies own words. the one with a huge white field is. Also to get technical the US flag was used more than the confed flag. So that is also a racist flag correct?

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Modern conservatives in the south wave the confederate battle flag, calling themselves the "party of Lincoln".

To me, that does not compute.

And yes, I know the history behind the flag. If you want to get all "technical".

To those people waving it, and slapping huge full rear-window vinyl stickers on their lifted trucks, it's the "confederate flag". And these are the same people who claim to be a "Republican" is to be the "party of Lincoln".

In fact, suggesting that the party platforms switched and the Southern Strategy will get you banned from /r/conservative on reddit...

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

You of all people shouldn't
But it'll slide this time around. Heed your own advice darling, especially on this day.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

Modern conservatives in the south wave the confederate battle flag, calling themselves the "party of Lincoln".

To me, that does not compute.

And yes, I know the history behind the flag. If you want to get all "technical".

To those people waving it, and slapping huge full rear-window vinyl stickers on their lifted trucks, it's the "confederate flag". And these are the same people who claim to be a "Republican" is to be the "party of Lincoln".

In fact, suggesting that the party platforms switched and the Southern Strategy will get you banned from /r/conservative on reddit...

Lincoln wasnt a republican by todays standards. They flipped remember? And reddit is hardly a measure of anything truthful.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

originally posted by: ksiezyc

Please do it. Leave.

Good luck replacing their farm production.

Yeah because California is the only state with things like...
Dirt
Water
Sunlight
Funny how it always goes back to that. If Nebraska alone stopped growing corn for the subsidized corn sugar industry they could feed us. We as a nation could do with less corn sugars anyway. California supplies a large portion of select crops like artichokes and garlic. Not really the foods that feed a nation like wheat rice and corn. California has one benefit to the nation and it is silicone valley. But that's a byproduct of the evils of capitalism soooo... Best not mention that.

America would be better off without California and their culture. As a Coloradan I'm sick of seeing water that starts here diverted from places like Sonora Mexico leaving natives there thirsty and out of work and used to fill swimming pools in LA county for a bunch of disconnected pretentious beach dwellers.
You live in the desert start acting like it!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Yes, I've been saying this for a long time. I even made a thread about Calexit's Russian ties about a month ago mentioning this:

Russia and "Yes California Campaign" or #Calexit Campaign

This is another piece of the Russian propaganda/social engineering program of four parts:

1. demoralize

2. destabilize

3. crisis

4. normalize

The "Calexit" would fall under #2, along with getting Trump elected. Both of these things are disruptive to America. We've spent the last 8 years being demoralized and told how "weak" our president and country is, and now its time to move into destabilization mode...

The leader of the movement lived in Russia for some time, and even wanted to renounce his US citizenship.

IMPORTANT:
This movement existed long before the "Bernie Bros", liberals, Democrats, or sore-losers from Hillary's campaign found them. These people have had Russian ties and support long before this last election cycle.

"Calexit" is simply co-opting these groups of people. Don't be fooled, this isn't a liberal/Democrat/Sanders thing. It didn't start with them. It may suddenly now appeal to them, and it fits perfectly into a leaked KGB propaganda toolkit discussed by a former Cold War Russian agent.

Yes. This is already known to be connected to right wing nationalists in Russia who also happen to work closely with Putin. More garbage from Russia. They really have a psychological warfare campaign going against the conspiracy theory community. The only problem with their tactic is that it penetrates probably 0.0001% of American society. Is all you have to do is go outside in any town to see how this is a waste of the little resources Russia has.

I feel sorry for the people in that country. The US is the biggest consumer of everything and everyone depends on us to buy all their crap. This whole thing is about sanctions. Every move Putin makes is an attempt to get someone in power in America who will give him a chance. I'll always say he is a failed leader due to this. He cannot figure out a way to get Russia competitive with other countries except in military strength and even their military strength is questionable based on their constant equipment failures. They have an aircraft carrier that can't actually land aircraft on it. Hilarious. Their government constantly steers their economic and foreign relation failures away from themselves by pointing the finger at everyone in the west. When most 1st world countries won't do business with you you have to look in the mirror and realize it's you. Or not and suffer. Either way, Putin has no long term plan for Russia. Just military power plays that have no benefits for his people.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
in the United States, millions of creatures that Trump not only millions of daggers in the back they anchored him in the a*s tucked. at the same time they Putin substitute which is not in the subject. they simply organize in USA a parade of sovereignties as in 1991 in the USSR. against them only methods of Stalin's work , your words absolutely no effect on them, and they themselves always use violence...with regard to the alleged embassy: At the moment, it operates as a cultural center,
Previously reported the representative in Beijing.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
P.S. in this
list can be and USA and I how Russian is no reason to be sad. however, these processes are accompanied by the mass deaths of red blood Aboriginal and indirectly from this bad for everyone redblood no matter in which the cage (the country) exist cattle

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: mangust69
P.S. in this
list can be and USA and I how Russian is no reason to be sad. however, these processes are accompanied by the mass deaths of red blood Aboriginal and indirectly from this bad for everyone redblood no matter in which the cage (the country) exist cattle

You do realize that They did not mention say USA on that shirt. How do you know they did not mean God?

Also Stalin was a mass murdering fool who killed off his own people.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa Trump is not yet a president his already eats. you have no idea about Stalin, and about those with whom he is fought. it awaits and Trump sabotage and diversion, and after his death, lies and slander...and yes he kill blueblood because he knew their essence...bad, he kill not all

edit on 26/12/16 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

You of all people shouldn't
But it'll slide this time around. Heed your own advice darling, especially on this day.

Only wise people heed good advice.
I never made any such claims! *__-
Merry/Happy...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join