It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International Religious Freedom Act Becomes Law in USA

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

"Pagans. Atheists. Scientists. Philosophers and professors, doctors and lawyers and judges and teachers and parents and community leaders and church pastors and priests", should all be able to do their thing abroad at their own expense (or at the expense of their sponsors), but Government needs to stay out of it.

AS LONG AS THEIR THING STAYS WITHIN THE WALLS OF THEIR PRIVATE HOMES, YES.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
@BELIEVERpriest:

error

LOL!!!

Yes, error.

I keep trying to help, but, yeah. You keep not getting it.

edit on 12/22/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Sorry, I dont understand. Do you mean to say that a gay pride parade is ok, but evangelists have to stay behind closed doors?
edit on 22-12-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Maybe it would be more productive to try debating with objective points rather that trying to "help". I'm not trying to be difficult with you, but when you say, "I keep trying to help, but, yeah. You keep not getting it.", it really sounds like your talking down to me. Maybe if you level with the people who have differing opinions, you can learn something new.
edit on 22-12-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Raggedyman

Shut. Up.

When you do that, no one will give you a hard time.

I don't preach "hate." I preach SHUT UP ABOUT YOUR RELIGION.
STOP TELLING CHILDREN ABOUT YOUR RELIGION, and stop attacking people who have none.

I edited my post to you, but since your c/p is already a matter of record, NOW HEAR THIS:

STOP TALKING TO ME ABOUT YOUR RELIGION, and I will GLADLY and forever more STOP TELLING YOU TO STOP IT.

See? Easy peasy, jeezy kreezy. STOP SPREADING YOUR DELUSIONS AND YOUR RELIGIOUS IDEAS. And then no one will have to tell you to stop spreading it.

I havnt spoken to you about my religion, just pointed out your hate preaching, yet another thread, typical buzz

And there you go, dictating at others, you are not my master
Just stop spreading your hate

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

in my view, Evangelicals (as opposed to Catholics or mainstream Protestants) are haters. They are stalkers and bullies. Yes, I do the same to them on these boards. They REAP WHAT THEY SOW.

It has to stop. As soon as everyone just shuts the hell up about their inner demons or imaginary friends or misguided neuroses ..... (because it is a private issue that has NOTHING to do with ANYONE but the subject who thinks it...) As soon as everyone realizes that It is not okay to poison everyone else's thinking by demonizing anyone else -----

AS SOON AS THAT HAPPENS, everyone shuts up

So you become the pagan equal to them, wise move, the people's champion, everyone's hero, the knight on the white horse spewing blackness the same as those you oppose.

You just can't understand that you are no better than them, you have sunk to the bottom of the cesspool to be a hero

As a Christian I am disgusted by those nut job evangelicals, in utter disbelief of their stupidity and arrogance,
Yet it seems you applaud those of your ilk, your own actions, your own bigotry in relation to those you want shut up

I wonder how many people who are not Christians read your rants and consider you the atheist, pagan whatever... equivalent to Wesborough nutters

And finally buzz, you are nothing but a droning noise, a banging drum, clashing symbol, just noise. You have no power and most dismiss you as a little crazy, just like most do with wesborough nutters

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Sorry, I dont understand. Do you mean to say that a gay pride parade is ok, but evangelists have to stay behind closed doors?

It seems buzzy has two or maybe many more standards for everyone, standards that suit only those she agrees with and not for those she disagrees with

It's interesting that the Australian Christian lobby was bombed recently because of their anti gay agenda. One could understand why it happened, why there is so much anger in the community towards the ACL

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: chrismarco
Can I ask what were atheist prosecuted for prior to this law?

Overseas.

It deals with United States foreign policy and the State Department vis a vis foreign powers and how they treat their respective citizens.

America should stop telling other countries how to think.

Filipinos overwhelmingly vote for Duterte, and America sticks their nose where it doesn't belong and tries to tell the people of the Philippines they know what's best for them.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
America should stop telling other countries how to think.

If they want to have foreign relations with us we can tell them what we want and they can tell us what they want. No where does it say anyone has to listen to each other.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

And we have no right putting our beliefs on other people. The hypocrisy of saying people should have the freedom to choose, and then trying to intimidate and force them to choose how we want.

We don't like capital punishment so you can't do it. We want criminals protected so you have to protect them.
edit on 23-12-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

We can do anything we want, no one has to listen.

And frankly, the countries this targets have a good deal of people living in some 8th century LARP game. Eff 'em.

edit on 23-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Except when you use power to coerce them to listen.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Except when you use power to coerce them to listen.

No one says they need to interact with us, that is their choice.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Except we don't want to stop interacting with them, we want to keep interacting while forcing them to act how we want. And we pick and choose when things matter. One country can be far worse and get US support, meaning we don't actually care all that much, we just like to control others.
edit on 23-12-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Oh, boo hoo, poor barbarians need to act civilized. My ass bleeds for them, for realz.

Just because we want to deal with them does not mean they have to. They can call someone else.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Yep!

Gay people are not trying to "convert" anyone to homosexuality. They are simply celebrating their group. No different than "gingers" or "little people" or "horse-owners." It's a thing they have in common, and it's none of your business.

"Christians", OTOH (much like Muslims), like to go about telling people that if they don't sign up, they will fry in hell. HUGE DIFFERENCE.

"Christians" and their self-designated "Mandate" to convert people are a problem. So are Muslims who "jihad" their way into cities and drive out the locals with threats of "convert, pay us, or die."

NO ONE NEEDS to hear about it anymore. EVERYONE KNOWS. So - give up the crusade to take over the country and the world.

priest - seriously. NO ONE wants to hear about it while they're walking down the street, or waiting outside an arena to hear a concert, or heading to a sporting event. They are not receptive. Get it?

I have "learned something" about every religion out there. Have you? I have learned that the only ones worthy of respect DO NOT PROSELYTIZE.
They wait for people to come to them. Door-knockers and street-corner-preachers and funeral-protesters, and other obnoxious and loud disrupters of the peace need to stop it. EVERYWHERE.

I've talked to you for years now. Same with Raggedy. You all are determined not to realize that your beliefs are questionable at best, and downright destructive and abusive at worst. Get it? If people want "Jesus" they know where to go for "Jesus."

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Right - because the ACL won't shut the hell up. They won't stop bothering and persecuting and demonizing people.
Get it?

Your analyses of me are so ridiculous, and your answers so tired and worn out.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Lol I love how you act like Christians are running around America persecuting all non believers....not saying you can't find some anecdotal evidence for your claim, but pretending like this law is some historical bill is kind of silly. Sounds more like the folks in Washington don't have any real issues to worry about.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Yep!

Gay people are not trying to "convert" anyone to homosexuality. They are simply celebrating their group. No different than "gingers" or "little people" or "horse-owners." It's a thing they have in common, and it's none of your business.

"Christians", OTOH (much like Muslims), like to go about telling people that if they don't sign up, they will fry in hell. HUGE DIFFERENCE.

"Christians" and their self-designated "Mandate" to convert people are a problem. So are Muslims who "jihad" their way into cities and drive out the locals with threats of "convert, pay us, or die."

NO ONE NEEDS to hear about it anymore. EVERYONE KNOWS. So - give up the crusade to take over the country and the world.

priest - seriously. NO ONE wants to hear about it while they're walking down the street, or waiting outside an arena to hear a concert, or heading to a sporting event. They are not receptive. Get it?

I have "learned something" about every religion out there. Have you? I have learned that the only ones worthy of respect DO NOT PROSELYTIZE.
They wait for people to come to them. Door-knockers and street-corner-preachers and funeral-protesters, and other obnoxious and loud disrupters of the peace need to stop it. EVERYWHERE.

I've talked to you for years now. Same with Raggedy. You all are determined not to realize that your beliefs are questionable at best, and downright destructive and abusive at worst. Get it? If people want "Jesus" they know where to go for "Jesus."

So since you're always trying to "help" me and other Christians to "understand", maybe its time to practice what you preach and keep your BS ideas behind closed doors too. Don't BS me Buzzy. You're being a hypocrite.

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Am I? Am I being a hypocrite? How would you know?

@ServantofTheLamb:

Lol I love how you act like Christians are running around America persecuting all non believers..

They aren't? They aren't telling people to boycott places that acknowledge gay rights? They aren't fighting for annihilation of

Abortion? Jews? Muslims? Gays? Gay rights? Birth control?

They aren't calling for bombing - even nuking the Middle East? They don't support having registries for "Muslims"? Or continue/new and improved TORTURE? Nuclear winter? Disallowing gay marriage, and enabling other haters to refuse to provide services/refugee status/recognition/equal rights for others? Removing all social services that help people who are in need? Shutting down government services and food stamps and health care?

They aren't doing those things?

Really?

They aren't?

wow

Please provide some evidence that they are not, in fact, doing those things, or supportive of those things. Because --- they are.

edit on 12/23/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join