It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New gun laws taking effect in Cali

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: CulturalResilience

From what I have seen you have already been there way too long.

I know full well what you're getting at here. And yet I must admit
so have I. But that was a slightly cheap shot.

Have you tried debating with that member? If so I am surprised you think that a low blow.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Yeah people thank god the people in California respect the Bill of Rights.

The second through the 10th, and the 14th amendments don't mean jack snip.

We're ALL guilty until proven innocent, and well there is NO ONE innocent in their eyes.

And thank GOD those politicians hide behind 'good' guys with GUNS.

Between terrorist attacks, and political protests just in California.

I am sure they 'feel' safe.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Have you tried debating with that member?

I have and gun rights aren't the only thing we have in common.
But we aren't here to discuss members as I'm sure you know.
Maybe you just don't like a challenge?
edit on Rpm122116v19201600000007 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I have and gun rights aren't the only thing we have in common.
But we aren't here to discuss members as I'm sure you know.

Point conceded. I am going for a shower before I allow my frustration to make say something I regret.
edit on 21-12-2016 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

We just had a bomb scare at LAX?

Which reminds me.

How is it they can have access to civilization defeating gigantic
warheads. And they don't want us even having firearms?
edit on Rpm122116v28201600000044 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

a reply to: neo96

We just had a bomb scare at LAX?

No worries the TSA is on the job,

Then the guys with GUNS and bomb robots get called.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
What is really the crime here, is the representatives who never seem to have a challenger when it comes to elections. These scumbags are all getting re-elected and I believe only through their typical cheating ways. So really, California, when are you going to realize that these rights are put there to protect you? I know there are people living there that know their rights, but I feel terrible for them.

The entire mindset of "high capacity" magazines and "assault rifle" bans being the solutions here just baffles me. I don't know what they are thinking but the way things are going, they won't be able to afford their high standards of living much longer. They are literally taxing themselves out of property, homes, gas, and food.

Randyvs, I feel your pain and wish you safe travels if you are getting out in January.
Good luck!

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Edumakated
These laws will have ZERO impact on daily gun violence or mass shootings.

May actually increase violence. New law drains already stretched law enforcement resources to monitor and approve or deny purchases of ammunition. Instead of focusing on bad guys they'll spend their hours counting bullets, lulz.

Like others have already said its purely a database to track ammunition sales. They want to know where legal guns and bullets are.

Yup, that is always the underlying motive.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: havok

The entire mindset of "high capacity" magazines and "assault rifle" bans being the solutions here just baffles me. I don't know what they are thinking but the way things are going, they won't be able to afford their high standards of living much longer. They are literally taxing themselves out of property, homes, gas, and food.

From the desert to the sea. California is no longer free.
And thank you my fellow member.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: havok
What is really the crime here, is the representatives who never seem to have a challenger when it comes to elections. These scumbags are all getting re-elected and I believe only through their typical cheating ways. So really, California, when are you going to realize that these rights are put there to protect you? I know there are people living there that know their rights, but I feel terrible for them.

Randyvs, I feel your pain and wish you safe travels if you are getting out in January.
Good luck!

Anytime someone starts talking about "high capacity" magazines and "assault rifles" you know they really don't know anything about guns. It is almost pointless to try to have a rational and logical conversation.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

(last year's Christmas gift for Hubby - ignore the liquor boxes....my gun guy also owns a liquor store)
God I love my state. Wild and wonderful West Virginia!

edit on 12/21/2016 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

My guess would be that assuming these laws aren't over turned at some point in the future their primary effect will be to 1) create a whole new black market in ammo and 2) to make criminals of all those presently in possession of high capacity magazines which said change will cause the current crop of criminals to laugh and the non-criminals to put their high capacity magazines in a box somewhere until they can find a black market guy to sell them too. So the average citizen in possession of high capacity magazines won't get rid of them, they'll keep a few and loaded as home self defense and use low capacity magazines at the range.

So what's really accomplished? Further erosion of the "rule of law".

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Actually I do enjoy a challenge but futility is irksome. A wise man once said that attempting to reason with those that have renounced its use is like administering medicine to the dead and the poor dear deluded member being referred to is the manifest incarnation of that statement.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
California is a lost cause. The Liberals have gutted it. Personally, I don't see how you've stood to lived there this long.
Just get the hell out and leave them to rot on their own.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Relocate.

I am deadly serious.

My Family is waiting for further instructions form the Living God. Grampa was born at Mount Ararat. We left in 1910 because of a Russian Child Prophet who came over the mountain and lived among us. We were directed to come across the planet and enter the US through the East coast then proceed to the LA area so very long ago. We listened and lived. The second prophecy is still sealed, and it is here in Cali. It will direct Armenians and other Christians where exactly to go and when.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

It's beautiful, but there's room for a cell/radio signal blocker. That extra 300$ could be a real lifesaver. However, you still win my wife of the year award!

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
What i don.t understand is how they are going to enforce the ban on people bringing ammo in from out of state.

Are they going to stop everyone at the state border and search there cars.

If they don't they might catch 1 in 5000 bringing in ammo.
That means its not going to stop the felons from buying ammo in NV.

And does empty cases and reloading supplies count as ammo.

My problem is i shoot a M1 Garand and it takes special loaded 150 gr ammo that i have only been able to get from out of state.
www.google.com...= 9yQFB1HFrCMOxM%3A

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

California is a lost cause

Aw what's not to like about California ?

They got illegals ignoring the law.

They got gay pride.

And China now owns Hollywood.

Weed is legal!

Guns are bad!

Freaking paradise!

edit on 21-12-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

a reply to: 4N0M4LY

My parents God rest brought me here when I was two.
Never understood it and I'm still pissed.

Currently stuck here too. One day I'll be free and I will leave this granola state behind.

Fruits nuts and flakes.

I have a few friends from the years past there, I hope they're doing ok. They said going back 10 years now, that California was fast turning into one giant pile of crap.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
California's sinking fast.

Even their Sign's Underwater.

edit on 21-12-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join