It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Drone...fake?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Sorry if this in the wrong forum, there doesnt seem to be much else here other than military craft posts.

All my friends are talking about this right now but apart from the fact that right off the back it doesn't seem plausible the video looks fake as hell. I cant see the drone wobble in the slightest the whole time its pulling the guy along.

What do you think? Viral video?

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Id say real, theres just so many angles to keep up an illusion

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
It's real.. how can it be fake if they built their own?

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This is a custom build drone, not an of the shelf consumer drone. And it is a very powerfull expensive drone. Just because it doesnt wobble like you're used to with other drones doesnt mean it's fake. This drone has 8 rotors, making it very stable.
In short: no, this is not fake.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

Looks legit. They have two if you look close.

"Passenger" is real careful to follow the drones lead, explaining the "lack of wobble".

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

OK, I'll be the first to say most likely "fake". Reason: the lighting and reflections on the drone in some scenes look unnatural, the movement occasionally looks like a camera tracking technique used to sync with a 3D object. And why are there no real close-ups of it flying?

Of course I might be wrong, but my bet is that it's some kind of CGI project aiming to go viral (would explain the timing and Xmas style). Just my 2 cents ...

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
As a drone owner and having some experience repairing them, I'm going to say this is totally plausible but the drone would need to be the size of a helicopter, least this rig ten times bigger.

I don't think this is real for a few reasons,

1. It's big but not big enough.

2. there is a " making of video " in the video description that shows him on a helicopter and them editing the video.

Funny video though!

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It looks pretty legit to me. I mean that drone could lift that guy off the ground. Awesome find! Definitely not fake.

I want one now! Hahaha!

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I have a bit of problem with the ease he hold himself with one hand...arm bend..

Unless there is a harnas and a cable under his coat.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
8 rotors the size of the ones in the video would be plenty to lift that much weight, so I'm going with it being real. I wonder what it cost though. Would be fun to build one as an ultra light mode of transportation, but with battery's and high amp draw you wouldn't have a lot of time to go very far. Still cool idea.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I'm in, how much!?

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Casey Neistat cameo,(Worlds biggest 'drone fan') it's not fake.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

There are two cords. One for him to pull, and one that pulls him. He can add his own force to the drones holding him.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This one is smaller, but has a short run time.

This one is even smaller and more powerful, they upgraded the design to rc jet engines with thrust vectoring nozzles for stability. You just have to strap a tank of kerosene to your back....

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

There was a fake hover board video with Tony Hawks once..

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
There seems to be a complete lack of coverage by any reputable news outlets.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Looks more difficult to fake than to build an oversized custom drone. Here is the background video with more closeups of the drone.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Thats because maybe it's not as shocking as you think it is?
It is what it is, an interesting video with a famous vlogger doing exciting stuff sponsored by a big corp.
Casey has done dozens of these.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

I can't remember the guys name but the guy being pulled is a famous youtuber and photoshop expert.... I'm saying fake!!

Just by knowing this guys history.....He's also the same guy calling everyone idiots for not voting for Pillary...

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Does this count as Fake News? smh

top topics

<<   2 >>

join