It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingrich "president can Pardon Kids in Advance" And Trump dropping 'drain the swamp' doesn't like it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Gingrich said that the president can pardon kids in advance. And that Trump is dropping the "drain the swamp phrase". Trump doesn't like the phrase, he is moving away from that.
As the video suggests, is Trump seeing that Washington is controlled by swamp creatures, known as lobbyists?

edit on 21-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Oh sure, a 2 minute cherry-picked CNN (what conservatives call "Clinton News Network" and refer to as "fake news") clip on YouTube.

Seems legit.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

It is a talking point. But there is a real change in Trumps posturing. Of course his isn't even in the WH yet, so I am not questioning he leadership. But I will hold his feet to the fire.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: RomeByFire

It is a talking point. But there is a real change in Trumps posturing. Of course he isn't even in the WH yet, so I am not questioning he leadership. But I will hold his feet to the fire.

How would you be doing that? And what would mark the tipping point? As the commentator said, he'll be 'judged on whether or not people's lives are getting better'.

What is your metric? And no, I'm not trolling, just interested.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Being a great leader means being smart enough to know that some original thoughts may need to be altered to achieve the desired result. And some 'wants' may not be more important than 'needs' in the big picture. Also, Trump would be a fool to showcase his exact plans at this point because they could possibly be countered in some way by the government that is STILL IN CHARGE. Let him get in position, have his honeymoon period and then start demanding perfection from the imperfect.

If he does even some of what he promised, he'll be better than what we have now.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck
Trump already gave a big no to lobbying after his admin, for 5 years.
He is already making head way into the manufacturing sectors, in reference to brings some of it back.

I will not allow myself to put on a cheerleading outfit just so my team (Trump isn't my team) wins.

I am objective and fair. He drops the ball I will cry about it.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Where is the actual Gingrich quote(s) ?

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Morning edition;
www.npr.org... al&utm_campaign=movies&utm_term=artsculture&utm_content=2049

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Morning edition;
www.npr.org... al&utm_campaign=movies&utm_term=artsculture&utm_content=2049

Thanks.

Here's the part about the pardons ....

On Gingrich's suggestion that Trump could use the power of the pardon if anyone in his administration seemed to be violating conflict-of-interest laws or protocols

Not sure Gingrich mention Trump's kids, but it could be assumed.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

a reply to: JohnnyCanuck
Trump already gave a big no to lobbying after his admin, for 5 years.
He is already making head way into the manufacturing sectors, in reference to brings some of it back.

I will not allow myself to put on a cheerleading outfit just so my team (Trump isn't my team) wins.

I am objective and fair. He drops the ball I will cry about it.

He gave a big not lobying? Hardly. He doesn't write the laws. Those folks get lobbied.

He also appointed to sec a state the head of company who spends 300k a day lobbying.

Rex is a smart guy but it's symobism isn't lost on me. Corker would have been a great sec of state.

Trump hasn't done jack for anything but himself yet. The manufacturing stuff is pr.

He may give money to people he decides to but let's wait to industry wide moves before we slap him on the back. Otherwise he is just picking what company gets welfare.

Which brings me back to rex. Is trump going to stop giving exon billions in tax credits while they make plenty of profit? Is he going to give alternative and Nuclear the same deal?

Personally future growth is science based technology. Pumping up coal guys for another 4 years is dumb. Look at something like the giga factory. That is where jobs, good ones will be created. In emerging markets. More oil subsidies are just continuing 120 year old steam engine tech. Let them stick to synthetics and chemicals and let new energy products compete in a fair market place.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I assumed that it was Trump, Gringrich has been plastered to Trumps _ _ _ since he became a contender.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal
because his cabinet so far is a massive juxtaposition to swamp draining.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Where is the actual Gingrich quote(s) ?

Where is the actual Trump quotes?

new topics

top topics

join