It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dangerous and false’ new film will portray God as a forgiving ‘fat black woman’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

cool.
anytime 'christian leaders' are upset and crying, im a happy guy

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I totally agree that no one knows what God looks like, the movie may be a perfect representation.
But

"Christian" leaders are crying about a film.

I have never even heard of Joe Schimmel so he doesn’t represent all Christians. So why portray it that way?

Yes, gotta push that fear.

Yes, gotta push that agenda

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
God came to Moses as a burning bush..... I don't see the issue.

Lol'd hard.
Seriously though, you gotta love it when Christians act like they have the right to speak for God and make claims as to what *it* would or would not choose to appear as in human form.
My mother is a Christian, and I asked her once what she thinks God looks like. She literally sat there and told me that she thinks he's an older male, white, and with a beard.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
As a Christian, I'm not remotely concerned about this film or similar works.

I feel what would be truly disingenuous, would be to focus on something superficial like this as "dangerous," when there are so many in the world suffering due to a lack of charity, love, and mercy, and so much division and lack of fellowship in the world due in large part to our own unwillingness to reach out to others.

Calling a fictional film "dangerous" while professing to be Christians, but not mounting the same level of outrage and concern about the real life suffering of so many... in many cases due to our own apathy... that's what's truly "dangerous" in my humble opinion.

But what do I know? I'm just a humble sinner who takes seriously the call to love others as myself.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon

originally posted by: grey580

Looks like the racist in him can't handle God being a fat black woman.

God came to Moses as a burning bush..... I don't see the issue.

Or maybe the Bible just clearly states that god is a man..

It does? Which passage is that exactly? The one that says that man was made in god's image or are just eluding to the fact that the bible uses the masculine pronoun "he" to describe god?

I'd love to see the scene where the fat black woman impregnates Mary Magdalene. How stupid is that gonna look?

The whole idea is a stupid story. Immaculate conception shouldn't need a penis to go through with it anyways. So what's the problem? Are you suggesting that god impregnated Mary with some sort of ethereal sex?

This is like casting Mohammed as a fat black woman. It's wrong and insulting. It's not sensitive and tolerant of peoples' beliefs at all.

Mohammad != God. Allah = God. This is bad comparison. Plus your beliefs are unimportant. If you don't like the media don't watch it.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Having a curvy black woman as a patriarchal man-child who flooded the planet just doesn't make sense.

How will she properly convey a convincing fragile male ego?

I would have cast Trump, personally.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Its dangerous because this pastors message, namely that the wrath of god was poured out on Jesus, and sinners, is falling out of favor. People are waking up to the fact that if there is a god, it is not the angry capricious vindictive, wrath pouring god they portray. That if "God is Love", then God does not endlessly punish sinners. The concept of eternal conscious torment is disgusting and vile, and thank (fat black) Jesus people are waking up.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I'm not religious in the normal sense and have one I created called "The Church of Universal Sentience" but I have read this book and it is a great book, it really is. It's well written, has a good plot and deserves to either be read or seen by a lot of people not because of it's religious standing or what it claims but because it is a really well written book and the fact that it has a fat black woman as god shouldn't matter. It IS a work of fiction but I guess no controversy when it comes to god and other religious figures sort of go hand in hand.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Why must everything white be replaced with something black? Are you not getting the feeling that white is bad and should be removed for everything? Can you give me any examples of this being done the other way? It's like the left's idea of "diversity" seems to be getting rid of all the white people.

edit on 21-12-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I always felt Jesus looked more like a palestinian than yer standard caucasion or jew. I wouldn't be surprised either if he was black. History isn't a perfect record. And doesn't bother me if god is a fat black woman. But God could be anything, so it's needle in a haystack--esp if God doesn't exist.

EDIT: Sorry I assumed Jesus was a real person. Maybe he wasn't. When I was younger I believed all of it though. I'm agnostic atheist.
edit on 12/21/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The answer is obvious, he can change form like Mystique.

He just normally prefers to be White.

edit on 21-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Why must everything white be replaced with something black? Are you not getting the feeling that white is bad and should be removed for everything? Can you give me any examples of this being done the other way? It's like the left's idea of "diversity" seems to be getting rid of all the white people.

What are you talking about? Things get white-washed all the time. Even in the last couple of years, Hollywood has been doing this. Recent example being Ghost in the Shell. Or all them white Arabs in biblical movies.

Don't pretend this is one-sided or even a new thing.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Biblically speaking, God has been described in a number of ways, so I guess God can be whatever it wants to be.

Just to share a few.

Revelation 1:12-15 - And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks.

Revelation 1:14 - His head and [his] hairs [were] white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes [were] as a flame of fire.

Genesis 1:27 - So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Daniel 7:9 - I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment [was] white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne [was like] the fiery flame, [and] his wheels [as] burning fire.

Revelation 4:3 - And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and [there was] a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

What are you talking about? Things get white-washed all the time. Even in the last couple of years, Hollywood has been doing this. Recent example being Ghost in the Shell. Or all them white Arabs in biblical movies.

Don't pretend this is one-sided or even a new thing.

For one those are white actors playing other ethnicities, which is different. Second, we hear endless outrage about one, while the other is promoted. It most certainly is one sided.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Why must everything white be replaced with something black?

God and Jesus are white, are they?

What on earth are you on about.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: sHuRuLuNi
To some of you saying we muslims would somehow be upset if a movie depicts God as a fat black woman:

"And there is none like unto Him." - Qur'an, 112:4

Therefore, whatever you can IMAGINE, or DEPICT or SEE - then THAT IS NOT how God is.

So, the whole argument is irrelevant. And we don't care.

Thank you. I am not Muslim but more agnostic. Mankind was created in his image (all of mankind). I personally believe that this is more apt to the atoms or energy of life we all have, not the outer changing physical attributes. We evolve physically with time and environment, but our life energy is the same.

Edit add: On topic...the entertainment industry can portray everyone however they want...God, included. It is entertainment, not a documentary!
edit on 12 21 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'll just leave this here. It made a few groups upset with it's contents. It's banned here in the Philippines(majority catholic) language warning..oh and Alan Rickman

What does God look like?...as an agnostic it matters none to me.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: NwoDedispU
Doesn't work for me. I couldn't fit the image of God during prayer, as a big fat woman into my head, no matter how hard I squeezed.

Try imagining Jesus as a spandex wearing tranny. OK, forget the spandex. But, sincr the story is that Jesus was the product of parthogenisis or virgin birth, there was no contribution of a male chromosome, so he oviously had to be female. And if the portrayels are true, he was a gender-bending, male clothes wearing, tranny.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
LOl, "a fat black woman"

The world makes sense now.

But it's just a portrayal. Like Hamilton only not a real historic person.

Wait, Jesus was not a fat black woman.

Is Whoopi staring in the film?

Oprah would kill in that role!

I'd see it if it was a comedy, tho.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

What book are you reading.

Jesus clearly states God is spirit. Not man but spirit.

And he can take any form he wishes. Man, woman or burning bush.

edit on 22-12-2016 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join