It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dangerous and false’ new film will portray God as a forgiving ‘fat black woman’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

I am a Christian, and I do not find the members conduct in any way hateful toward Christianity, nor do I have a problem with the depiction of God as a "Fat, black woman".

I entirely empathise with the point the OP makes about the vitriol with which this film has been met by "Christian fundamentalists", and would go further in saying that anyone with a stick that far up their arse about the matter, probably has never understood the word of Christ worth a single damn in their lives.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Looks like the racist in him can't handle God being a fat black woman.

God came to Moses as a burning bush..... I don't see the issue.

Or maybe the Bible just clearly states that god is a man..

I'd love to see the scene where the fat black woman impregnates Mary Magdalene. How stupid is that gonna look?

This is like casting Mohammed as a fat black woman. It's wrong and insulting. It's not sensitive and tolerant of peoples' beliefs at all.
edit on 12/21/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/21/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: RedDragon

Again, I am not offended, and I believe in God, am a Christian.

If I am not offended, why would anyone else be, and if I am not offended, why would someone who does not share my faith claim the insensitivity and lack of tolerance that you suggest must be present?

It makes no sense.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

You sound very bigoted towards Christians for some reason.

Yes, gotta push that hate.

ah...good old religion....the evil "them" against the righteous "us".....the Christian religion has been FILLED with bigotry for millennia.....they have mostly gotten rid of the idea of killing people over it in the last hundred years or so.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It was the same thing when Daniel Craig was mentioned as the next Bond. It doesn't conform to the mythology, which takes years to build, but can be destroyed with one simple portrayal. That's the problem.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Since nobody has a CLUE what God looks like, a Fat Black Woman is as good of a guess as any other. Can't be proved or disproved.

Come to think of it, since we're made in God's image, ALL OF US look like God!

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

As a redhead's pubic hair?

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I said the word Christian once and I put it in inverted commas to show I don't believe they're true Christians.

So I have no idea what you're talking about bigotry for.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

God and Mohammad are not the same thing. One is an all powerful entity the other a specific person.

While you could portray Mohammad into a fat black woman, it would be absurd as Mohammad unlike God was born one way and lived his life that way. God has no such limits.

I'm not a fan of the push to change real people or already defined characters into different genders/"races". After all doing so implies there was something wrong with who they were to the point it needed to be changed.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Until Daniel Craig was revealed as a Blood Relative of the Author of the Bond Book Series.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
To some of you saying we muslims would somehow be upset if a movie depicts God as a fat black woman:

"And there is none like unto Him." - Qur'an, 112:4

Therefore, whatever you can IMAGINE, or DEPICT or SEE - then THAT IS NOT how God is.

So, the whole argument is irrelevant. And we don't care.
edit on 21/12/2016 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

I said the word Christian once and I put it in inverted commas to show I don't believe they're true Christians.

Being bigoted toward Muslims is hip/cool but being "mean," to Christains is un-Godlike.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Being bigoted toward Muslims is hip/cool but being "mean," to Christains is un-Godlike.

I think you got that backwards dude. Everyone know that insulting Allah and his followers will only get you flayed, sauteed and eaten.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

You sound very bigoted towards Christians for some reason.

Yes, gotta push that hate.

ah...good old religion....the evil "them" against the righteous "us".....the Christian religion has been FILLED with bigotry for millennia.....they have mostly gotten rid of the idea of killing people over it in the last hundred years or so.

The difference being that One Religion evolved and the Other still hasn't. Can You guess which one is still no less than 500 years behind the rest of our well advanced civilization?

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

originally posted by: Puppylove
Mankind is made in the image of God I thought. So why in the world can't god appear in any damn human form desired?

By all means, make a movie about Mohamed being a woman...
Heck, just draw a picture of him and see how that works out...

Islamists have about the same sense of humor as cancer...

-Chris

Umm..hmm...Mohammed was not god, just meant to be a prophet..so its a guy..a brown guy specifically.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
What would a god 'of' the cosmos, creator of the universe, need with bipedal legs, and arms. What would gender do for such a being?

It being fat wouldn't surprise me. All that bottled up galactic energy.

But the hair. The facial hair. Public hairs. What about genitalia? What would a god need with 'junk'? Breastisis? MAYBE!! Don't forget the hormones.

Come to think of it, would such a celestial being actually need eyes?

I wonder if god would have a hairy back or not? Or would it shave it armpits?

I dont get it!

edit on 21-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Pfft. We all know what God looks like: he's about 200 feet tall at the shoulder, body of a lion, head like an octopus, sort of, and big bat wings.

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Yep.

And as a non-Christian I hope another major religion catches up soon.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Now THAT is a movie I'd pay to see!

But I agree with Misanthrope, Daniel Craig should not be the lead.
Imagine Cthulu coming out of the sea in "those" shorts...

Naaaah

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
They should have gone with Elderly Thai Ladyboy.

That'd have REALLY set the uptight off then.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join