It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Adventures has more History than the History Channel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
These guys go to Historical Location all throughout the world. Ever since History Channel got rid of H2 for that vice crap they have gone down the drain. Despite what you might think about the GA Crew investigation style but main reason why I watch it is because of the historical places they get to visit. I remember when the History Channel actually had History shows. Like Engineering a Empire was great. Watching that program allowed me to pass my big Sophomore High School History Exam with flying colors. It covered freshman year and sophomore year. Back when I was still in High School Laughing out Loud. Ancient Aliens is a great program but they need more mainstream science on there listings.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod
This probably reflects a declining interest in History, I'm afraid. I don't have access to that channel, but I see from my TV listings that a similar channel called Yesterday is showing repeats from three different sitcoms (including Blackadder, admittedly) from 8 p.m. onwards.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
They still have a few good shows. I think they went the same way as the discovery channel though. Now its mostly reality shows with some history mixed in and a few drama series. I don't have cable anymore so I don't really care. All the good history documentaries and the like are all on YouTube anyway.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Don't even get me started on the History Channel! What is up with endless episodes of American Pickers every damn evening, but they only show Ancient Aliens on Fridays??? I am soooo sick of American Pickers.

S & F

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Hunting Hitler is pretty friggin cool. The stuff they have come up with on that show pulls you in pretty quickly...

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I'm not a fan of the various ghost hunting shows but I love me some Expedition Unknown (Travel Channel) which is Josh Gates's show if you've never seen it. The show has it all: history, mystery, comedy, culture, etc.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Travel Channel has a great show in Mysteries at the Museum.

They go to different museums and focus on an item at that museum. Then run through the history of that item with a re enactment.

The show is good enough to keep your attention. Heck my 7 year old loves the show. She actually will sit down to watch.

I agree that the History channel has turned to crap. I haven't watched in in a long time.
edit on 21-12-2016 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I think that visiting historical locations is a STRETCH of a premise to say that GA has more history than the history channel. While I DO agree that the History Channel is more entertainment than history these days, I don't think you used a good comparison to show it.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
I'm not a fan of the various ghost hunting shows but I love me some Expedition Unknown (Travel Channel) which is Josh Gates's show if you've never seen it. The show has it all: history, mystery, comedy, culture, etc.

One of my favorite shows
Well worth anyone who is even the slightest interested in history checking out. Its also on Hulu

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

ITA: Josh Gates is one of those people I would want at a fantasy dinner party...so smart and FUNNY!

Yes, OP. The History Channel is just repeat after repeat. We rarely watch it or the Discovery Channel anymore.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Cosmocow

I have watched a few episodes of this and it really is pretty good. My husband and I watched it together and we are both now of the opinion that their theory that he escaped to Argentina is believable.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cosmocow
Hunting Hitler is pretty friggin cool. The stuff they have come up with on that show pulls you in pretty quickly...

Agreed Hunting Hitler is a good show but it kinda ties in with the HC nickname the Hitler Channel. Although last nights episode was mind blowing to think that the Nazis actually made a tactical Nuclear Weapon and the eyewitness reports convinced me that they had that #.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Agreed. I have been a fan of Josh Gates since his Destination Trueth days. I would love to be able to travel to all these historical locations that they get to go and get paid to do it to. You don't even have to take vacation days When you work with the travel channel Laughing out Loud.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I know it's probably not going to amount to anything huge...but I love History Channel's Oak Island show.

Always loved Travel Channel's Ghost Adventures...the ghost hunting inventions they try out are always fun.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

GA, H2, vice.

Foreign language pal.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I agree the history channel has gone downhill a bit, the travel channel is decent so is Blaze channel and yesterday.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Didn't they find plans to bomb Manhaton

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Have to agree here, for what it is. I like how Ghost Adventures ads in the history of an area as well(probably have to being on the Travel Channel), while other ghost hunting shows just talk of the case and barely of the area.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yes!!! I love that show. I enjoy josh gates. One of my dream jobs would be to be a part of his crew as they go around the world.

I grew up on sets cause family is in the industry so ill be alright as a greenhorn. Check.

Been to asia, fiji, central america to see ancient ruins. Check.

Id be highly interested and vested in the productuon side of the show. Check.

Im really good at researching. Check.

Im hearty and love travel, mystery, culture and adventure. Check.

Ill work for pennies (ive never known anything better) so im affordable to hire. Check.

Im sociable and easy to get along with. Check

I grew up in a haunted house with serious activity and not at all afraid of the paranormal. Check.

Im very knowledgable about bigfoot and ufos. Check.

Im very accustomed to working with and around celebrities. Ive been a PR guy for celebrities and know the ropes of working with them. Check.

I live in west los angeles and can easily get to wherever you guys are doing pre production. Check.

Im in my 30s and not some kid whos going to split mid season when the going gets tough. Check.

Im a perfect new guy for their team!!!!!

Ill even find a way to sneak into disneyland for free as an initiation if needed. (Josh gates reference)

Anybody from josh gate's production team reading this message me!!!! Seriously. Id work for you guys in a heart beat. Ill even intern for a while until you guys are sure im not an ignoramous and am actually a good fit.

Seriously. Id love to work for josh gates.

edit on 22-12-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Come on ping pong productions (expedition unknown) message me!!!!!! I can literally walk to ypur offices in 15 minutes. Ill never be late for work!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join