It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli army murders 3-year-old girl inside her house

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Israeli occupation forces shot dead on Wednesday a three-year-old girl inside in her house in Gaza, witnesses and medical sources said.

Witnesses said that Rahma Ibrahim Abu Shamas was inside her house in Deir al Balah in Gaza when the Israeli gunfire struck her in the head, killing her instantly.

The Israeli military admitted the killing, saying it was investigating the "incident."

www.aljazeera.com...

Mod Edit: Cut down huge cut and paste, placed in quote box per terms

[edit on 1/27/05 by FredT]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheHorseman
"Imagine that a Jewish child was killed…and how Israel would react…
as they are vociferously reminding the world of the so-called holocaust,"

- Hey buddy, we don't have to 'imagine' that a Jewish child is killed by
you terrorists ... your homicide bombers do it all the time. And considering
that Israel is a NUCLEAR country, they have reacted with remarkable
restraint. Oh and by the way ... it isn't a 'so called' holocaust. It REALLY
happened. Of course all the Muslim countries (except Jordan) walked out
on the memorial service this week. Perhaps if your leaders had stayed
they might have actually learned something.

Israel has a right to 'vociferously' remind the world of the REALITY of
the holocaust because obviously (judging by your stupid remarks) much
of the world still doesn't understand that 6 million Jews were mass
murdered and that Israel has a right, and a duty, to remind the world so
that it never happens again.

So ... to Abu Muammar ... STFU!

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
does the article mention the terrorists that were probably using the child as a shield?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Israel has a right to 'vociferously' remind the world of the REALITY of the holocaust because obviously (judging by your stupid remarks) much

Great thinking lets kill the Palestinians so everyone can believe jews did die.....

A reminder here and there, killing 3 yr olds in thier sleep will definately help the world understand the holocaust.....

Better yet lets nuke them so everyone can be reminded how horriable nukes can be......

[edit on 27-1-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheHorseman

"Imagine that a Jewish child was killed…and how Israel would react…they are killing our children in cold blood as they are vociferously reminding the world of the so-called holocaust," said Abu Muammar, a Palestinian security official in Deir al Balah.

Yeah you dont have to imagine very hard.

"Palestinian terrorist kills Israeli mother and 3 of her children, including a 5-year-old boy"

"The Palestinian murderer entered the family's house and started shooting randomly with the intent to slaughter all unarmed Israeli civilians. He succeeded in killing Rachel Shabo 40, and three of her sons, Naria, 16, Zvika, 12 and Avishai, 5.''

www.factsofisrael.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Israel has a right to 'vociferously' remind the world of the REALITY of
the holocaust because obviously (judging by your stupid remarks) much

So ... to Abu Muammar ... STFU!

They accounted for 6 million out of the 57 million who were killed.
Why doesn't anyone talk about the other 51 million?
Are the lives of the Jewish persons the only ones worth talking about?

In spite of all the persons who gave their lives fighting the Nazis, Ariel Sharon had the nerve to come out the other day and say: “At the time of the most terrible test, friends and benefactors didn’t lift a finger,”

I would demand an apology from Sharon if I were in the British, Russsian, US or French government.

Regarding the topic of this thread, I'm not surprised by this in the least.
The Israelis shoot have killed many more people than the Palestinians have killed. When people rise up after incidents like this, the Israelis try to elicit sympathy from the world to make it look they are being targeted for no reason, completly ignoring what led up to the attacks.

[edit on 27-1-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
does the article mention the terrorists that were probably using the child as a shield?

However, the Israeli-state run radio, Cal Yisrael, asserted that no Palestinians fighters were present in the area at the time of the shooting.

I didnt know that part was so hard to find in the article, then understand it........

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Of course, A horrid thing happened to the Jews,and cant not being to understand the scale of the mass murder of the Jews.Yet as I lean more about what happened to the Palestinians I feel for them.

I could sit hear and write for an hour on everything bad that has happened to the Palestinians since pre-WW1 till now, but I ask you to research what the we British done to them after WW1, To the UN Partiation plan, to present day Israel.

Then tell me that Palestinians dont have a right to ALL of Palestin including Israel.

[edit on 27-1-2005 by Vowles]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The palestineans are being pushed from land they own, is that right? They can't get a building permit it is virtually impossible and if they attempt to build anything on their own land their homes are bulldozed down and destroyed and they lose their land. Would you be angry if someone did this to you, if someone took your land? While I agree the holocaust was a horrible thing and that the jewish people were victimized and slaughtered that does not mean that they receive the right to do it to others. It was wrong what happened to the Jews but what is happening to the Palestineans is also wrong.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

They accounted for 6 million out of the 57 million who were killed.
Why doesn't anyone talk about the other 51 million?
Are they lives of the Jewish persons the only ones worth talking about?

I often wonder about this myself Millions of non-jewish people died in those same camps. Polish, Russian and others, Poland By itself lost millions I think. Also many many Chinese and people from other countries lost their lives under the control of the Japanese.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Lack of discipline in the army can only lead one to conclude that deaths like this occure on a very regular basis --as been recorded. It's no wonder human rights organizations are not allowed into the occupied territories...

As for the Halocuast: I'm going to simply state that 56 million people suffered under the brunt of Nazi ignorance; where is thier sorrow? The Jews have tooken this and exploited into apathy.

Deep

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
no one has a right to murder young children and America, Israel and Palestine are all guilty of this.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   

no one has a right to murder young children and America, Israel and Palestine are all guilty of this.

DrFunk seems to be the only one who actually gets the point.

Children die on all sides during these stupid unending "holy wars".

It's a tragedy on all sides.

What a pity people constantly pick a side and focus on them being victims rather than understanding the tragedies strike both sides daily.

They have a term for people who ignore parts of a story and refuse to look at the whole picture: stupid.

Both sides have experienced the loss of innocent children in this middle eastern conflict. Stop politicizing everything and drowning tragedy in rhetoric and understand the sadness we should have for both sides and their children. Not just one.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I can see it now, the Israeli soldier is running through the neighborhood with only one thing on his mind "Find a 3 year old Palestinian girl and shoot her in the head for no reason at all" and he just starts kicking in dors to find one. This may be a little exaggerate but alot of you are thinking liek that. You fail to take into consideration real life scenarios of war and battles.

For instance, how do we know these soldiers were not just sitting around keeping a neighborhood secure, when some asshole gang of completely brainwashed Idealist jihadists sees them, a good positio to fire from, and just happens to pick off a few men before they raise their gaurd. Of course the gunmen are home so they always have a place to run back to while the unfortunate Jews who just want to punish these friggin assholes go into the area with everyone they got to find him as quickly as possible. Of course everyone walking outside throwing rocks at them isnt helping too much. So when these people begin to shower you with such hostility you have to take extra steps to make sure it does not get worse meaning you now have an even bigger threat to deal with.

The first door you kick in that was being blocked off probably by a few people earns the soldier several holes and a body full of lead with no life left in him. His buddies behind him are pretty angry and just fill the house with lead and rockets unfortunately forgetting to keep hold of the logic that there may be civilians inside. You walk into the house and first see a living room littered with the bodies of a family, 3 year old girl unfortunately including. Guess where the body of the gunman is? In the back of the room.

Investigations later on may conclude that the positions of the family and the postures they were laid out show that they were most likely trying to convince their teenage son to noyt try and be cool in the name of Allah because this is not how he truly wants you to act. Of course his family dont understand they just arent cool.

Although the situation I made up is purely hypothetical and I do not get it from a true account, we all have to take into consideration real life scenarios and this is it. See I would equate alot of peoples hate in that region to the hate of ignorant young adults and street gangs in this country have towards our police. The only difference there is that it involves religion and therefore is far more extreme, because certain corrupted individuals have managed to completely manipulate the way their youth thinks.

This is all my opinion but when I look at both sides and from how I have seen things in my current life, I come to question the spin that may have been put on this in the news just to make someone look bad. After all as far as the media goes the first priority of the story is to make someone look real bad so that they can garner the viewers attention on how the situation may occur so they can get better ratings. This is how people are, this is how people always will be.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Have you noted that whenever we hear of such a barbaric and henious crime by the US or Israel, there is always a group of people who will try and justify it by pointings fingers at others. Take, note of these people, because these are people you are up against today.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
Have you noted that whenever we hear of such a barbaric and henious crime by the US or Israel, there is always a group of people who will try and justify it by pointings fingers at others. Take, note of these people, because these are people you are up against today.

Here's what I have also noted, Indigo_Child: everytime that terrorist acts are perpetuated against the US and Israel, there is always a group of people who will try to justify those horrific deeds and actions of those terrorists. America deserved such and such. Israel deserved such and such. Ironic, huh?

Btw, wasn't it you just earlier this week that was happily stating that you hoped that those soldiers that were alledgedly infiltrating Iran were slaughtered? Wasn't it you that stated that Iran had no intentions to destroy Israel? Really?
RAFSANJANI SAYS MUSLIMS SHOULD USE NUCLEAR WEAPON AGAINST ISRAEL

If they are calling for it, Indigo_Child, they, themselves, have the same agenda.

Not buying into that crap from Hamas, either.
They are talking through their collective butts:
Israel must 'pay' for calm, say Hamas, Islamic Jihad

As for the incident, apparently it is under investigation, but lo and behold, as par with many, condemnation and the verdict is administered. Typical and as unfortunate as the death of a child....
Children have been catching the brunt of this ongoing cycle of death between Palestine and Israel for how long? Sad, truely sad.

seekerof

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child

Very well stated......

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
I can see it now, the Israeli soldier is running through the neighborhood with only one thing on his mind "Find a 3 year old Palestinian girl and shoot her in the head for no reason at all" and he just starts kicking in dors to find one. This may be a little exaggerate but alot of you are thinking liek that. You fail to take into consideration real life scenarios of war and battles.

For instance, how do we know these soldiers were not just sitting around keeping a neighborhood secure, when some asshole gang of completely brainwashed Idealist jihadists sees them, a good positio to fire from, and just happens to pick off a few men before they raise their gaurd. Of course the gunmen are home so they always have a place to run back to while the unfortunate Jews who just want to punish these friggin assholes go into the area with everyone they got to find him as quickly as possible. Of course everyone walking outside throwing rocks at them isnt helping too much. So when these people begin to shower you with such hostility you have to take extra steps to make sure it does not get worse meaning you now have an even bigger threat to deal with.

The first door you kick in that was being blocked off probably by a few people earns the soldier several holes and a body full of lead with no life left in him. His buddies behind him are pretty angry and just fill the house with lead and rockets unfortunately forgetting to keep hold of the logic that there may be civilians inside. You walk into the house and first see a living room littered with the bodies of a family, 3 year old girl unfortunately including. Guess where the body of the gunman is? In the back of the room.

Investigations later on may conclude that the positions of the family and the postures they were laid out show that they were most likely trying to convince their teenage son to noyt try and be cool in the name of Allah because this is not how he truly wants you to act. Of course his family dont understand they just arent cool.

Although the situation I made up is purely hypothetical and I do not get it from a true account, we all have to take into consideration real life scenarios and this is it. See I would equate alot of peoples hate in that region to the hate of ignorant young adults and street gangs in this country have towards our police. The only difference there is that it involves religion and therefore is far more extreme, because certain corrupted individuals have managed to completely manipulate the way their youth thinks.

This is all my opinion but when I look at both sides and from how I have seen things in my current life, I come to question the spin that may have been put on this in the news just to make someone look bad. After all as far as the media goes the first priority of the story is to make someone look real bad so that they can garner the viewers attention on how the situation may occur so they can get better ratings. This is how people are, this is how people always will be.

Great novel.......

Unfortunately you didnt read this part:

A spokesman for the Israeli military justified the girl’s killing, saying that soldiers thought that Palestinian resistance fighters were somewhere in the neighborhood.

However, the Israeli-state run radio, Cal Yisrael, asserted that no Palestinians fighters were present in the area at the time of the shooting.

Writing novels is great business these days thats how we ended up in Iraq.

*mod edit: use the quote button, not the code button.

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Well If I have to be on the other side of someone, I am sure glad its Indigo and horseman! With the pro nazi, anti Israel, anti American stances they take I would like to be as far away from them as possible...

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Netchicken

That raises something very interesting.

Is "anti-Israel" and "anti-American" equivalent to "pro-Nazi"?

Is "anti-war" and "anti-expansion" equivalent to "anti-American"?

Is "get rid of Bush" and "neutral to Zionism" equivalent to "anti-American"?

Is "pro-truth" and "pro-questioning the official statements of a corrupt government" equivalent to "anti-ATS"?

What is mutually exclusive, and what goes hand in hand? Maybe the members that you mention could say something on that. I haven't read them as being "pro-Nazi" at all, so far.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join