It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama has Shown Mercy to over Thirteen Hundred Prisoners.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Hmmm. Mostly drug dealers or manufacturers. Maybe he needs some suppliers for after presidency parties he is planning to throw.
Nah. But maybe these people were some really bad people they wanted put away for other reasons disclosed. Seems to me these charges are what they plea bargained down to, what other charges did they leave go?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
But has done jack # about the actual prison industrial complex, prohibition or reducing the dea pot scheduling. After 8 years, the dea is now going after cbd oil as well.

Thanks Obama, you jackass. Why are the neo-libs silent on this? You talk a big game but its all ok if its your guy. Hypocrites, one and all.

I hear you loud and clear. Im a goody 2 shoes.. didnt even smoke in college... have NEVER smoked grass in my life. I see the complete sense in decriminalizing all naturally occurring substances across the board, and offering rehabilitation free rather than incarceration for addiction to any substance.. natural or manmade. Manufacture of manmade harmful chems has to be dealt with, but I honestly do believe that the use of those things would drastically drop if the natural substances were legalized. I also dont think people should lose their life and future due to addiction. I read just earlier today that concerning those on opiates for acute and chronic pain.. a percentage are predisposed to addiction ( opiate receptors and etc) and another percentage will become addicted necessarily due to chronic pain.. then turn to heroin because drs wont adequately treat pain and it is cheaper on the street than rx opiates.

Ive had a few careers over my lifetime. I was an RN who spent a decade in an ER. Ive seen plenty of fatalities that have involved alcohol .. and the result of pissed off alcoholics or those who drive drunk. Ive NEVER seen a pothead wipe out an entire family on the road or one kill their child by beating it to death in a drunken rage like I have with drinkers. Ive seen the hell alcohol puts the body through.. makes smoking look like nothing. The idea that if everything were legalized would make a whole new bunch of addicts and etc.. untrue. Id not have the desire for drugs any more than I do now.. which is zero desire.. if it were legal. Id LOVE to see it used for depression, anxiety, seizure disorders, etc etc etc... alone or in conjunction with modern medicine.

I dont have a problem with people being given a second chance for most offenses. Who here can say they have never been given a second chance.. or 3rd or 4th.. for things? Of course Im not talking about every offense, but we shouldnt throw away people in our culture.

Obama dropped that ball big time.. and he had a chance. He had the majority of people behind him.. waiting impatiently for him to at least start fixing the country and bringing it to its new age. Makes his laziness and failures all the more galling.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

This very well could come to pass, but we will never hear about it due to the crooked media

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Pardoned 1300 criminals, destroyed Libya. What you think will be remembered?

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Pardoned 1300 criminals, destroyed Libya. What you think will be remembered?

If you live in, or have relatives in Libya. What Obama did there will be remembered.

If you, or a relative, was Pardoned by Obama, that would be remembered.

If you, or a relative was maimed or killed by one of the Law Breakers that Obama Pardoned...

Hmmm.. it looks like between Libya and Prisoner/Gitmo pardons, more bad than good has been dealt, doesn't it?

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

If you live in, or have relatives in Libya. What Obama did there will be remembered.

I sat right here with other members and watched that unfold. I shall never forget it...

Also watched the aftermath and saw why they brought down qadaffi.
edit on 21-12-2016 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Sleep tight, many drug offenders are still in prison, while the rapists are let out early on good behavior. That should be the issue one wants to act upon, not the letting out these drug offenders.

President Barack Obama pardoned 78 people and also granted commutations to 153 nonviolent drug offenders who were sentenced under harsh and outdated laws and would have received lighter sentences if convicted today.
Source

States did the same with drug offense inmates when marijuana was decriminalized and or legalized in them.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Of course when the black man does it, someone comes with this cynical statement.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion

Of course when the black man does it, someone comes with this cynical statement.

It took you to the second page to play the race card.

Stoned tonight, or just busy with other things?

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

They're all people with extreme drug sentences, non-violent, that I've ever noticed.

The thing is that we don't really know if they are non-violent or not. Just because they weren't convicted of a violent crime doesn't mean they weren't violent.

I have mixed feelings. The war against drugs has been a failure by any measure. However, we must also accept that a lot these dealers are scum of the earth. The trail of destruction they leave in their wake cannot be ignored.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Unless they have been convicted of a violent crime you cant accuse them of one.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Here's the full list with descriptions:
breaking911.com...

See some life sentences in there.

And see a bunch with firearms.

Violent + firearms should be taken harshly. It seems there would be plenty without them that could have been in place of those.

Of course actual life sentences are crazy anyways, if no one actually got shot.

These be Hillary's THREE STRIKES LAW by the look of it. I know I was critical of it. Gotta maintain integrity, especially when the politicians dont!

If they are violent crimes then shame on obama. There should be no leancy.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

Why yes, yes I am playing the card, which I feel is appropriate to play. Again, I have seen threads about presidents granting freedom to prisoners before they leave office, and never have I seen that comment.

So yeah, its a few days before Christmas, why not? Got to live a little, no?

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
But has done jack # about the actual prison industrial complex, prohibition or reducing the dea pot scheduling. After 8 years, the dea is now going after cbd oil as well.

Thanks Obama, you jackass. Why are the neo-libs silent on this? You talk a big game but its all ok if its your guy. Hypocrites, one and all.

Which sends a very clear message that Obama really doesn't care about doing one decent thing for anyone, especially the black community, who is not only more oppressed after 8 years, but also much more impoverished. Every single statistic like unemployment and jobs created is all doctored and fake including his fake approval rating. It's plain stagecraft and all these pardons are so many in number, it's obvious he never spent time himself studying any of them. An automated rubber stamp job. Everything O bummer has done is like a quick politically motivated band aide.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
There's a lot of pressure on President Obama to Pardon all of the illegal aliens living in the U.S.. That would be the ultimate slap in the face of those who paid their dues to legally, patiently, become U.S. citizens the proper way.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

This doesn't add much to the thread, but it's just an observation made over the past eight years: If Obama can do it with the stroke of a pen, it tends to get abused.

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
if every one of the pardons was for simple possession of cannibis...then I would support his reasoning

after all the once 'gateway' drug from Marijuana is now prohibitively off the schedule of hard-drugs
& OK for medicinal and recreational use... the long stranded dope felons should not have to serve those unjust sentences handed out by a society that had a poisoned-mind about 'Pot' all along

posted on Dec, 21 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

The local talkers have not been very happy.

One is upset because the president is always going on about needing stricter gun control, but a lot of these pardons involved gun crimes.

Another is upset because while some of them are there for marijuana offenses and we can talk about that ... a lot of others are in for hard drug dealing, things like crack and meth. Sure, I know the argument is that dealing is non-violent, but it's hardly victimless when we talk about something like meth.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
One of the prisoners whos sentence is being commuted and will now be released is one I used to deal with when I worked at my previous agency. Many of of my coworkers have in fact arrested him on numerous occasions. He is a career criminal.

On the surface, they are being released from "harsh" sentences imposed for drug crimes. What is not told to the public, is their criminal histories.

The career criminal Michael Antwan Zone I am referring to has been found guilty of the following;

Carrying a concealed weapon illegally
Petit theft
Trespassing on school property (*while selling drugs to minors*)
Trespass in occupied structure or conveyance (plead down from burglary with assault)
Violation of county probation
Reckless driving
Fleeing or attempting to elude police officer
Possession of coc aine less than 28 grams
Possession of less than 20 grams of cannabis
Resisting arrest without violence
Violation of state probation
Driving while license suspended
Violation of county probation
Failure to appear on a Warrant
Failure to appear on a Warrant
Resisting arrest with violence
Aggravated fleeing and eluding

Those are in chronological order and are only from the county that I worked in. He very well may have convictions in other counties.

This makes me sick to my stomach.

It is another reason why I want to completely separate myself from law enforcement. It is a waste of time. Our judicial system is broken and in desperate need of repair.

Just look at Chicago. Career felons are being slapped on the wrist for gun charges. It makes me so damn angry.

End rant

edit on 22-12-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-12-2016 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

And has shown disrespect and lack of caring for the people and / or communities that some of the criminals will hurt after their release by going back to their life of crime.

posted on Dec, 22 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Can't wait to see who Trump pardons. I bet they will be extremely legitimate, rational and logical criminals, as opposed to these criminals!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join